Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

why naruto still uses 2 KB for the thrown FRS..

i've been thinking about this for a bit (pretty much since we saw the first thrown FRS and the insane amount of damage the finished product seems capable of).. and I think I've come up with a plausable theory for the reason why Naruto still uses 2 clones for its creation..

the key is the part where it expanded to the size it did.. in sage mode, I bet even a regular thrown FRS is well in his ability to create on his own w/o shadowclone help (http://onemanga.com/Naruto/421/10/ though I do think the first one at http://onemanga.com/Naruto/418/10/ is a better indication).. its the part where he still has some form of control over the jutsu's size after being thrown that requires the extra clone assistance
    come fight my brute here

One clone is for shape manipulation. The other is to add an element.

for the original FRS yes HB..

but in sage mode, naruto's chakra control is upwards of kakashi/sakura/tsunade levels. with his incredible chakra pool and said control, a basic thrown FRS should be well within his abilities in sage mode without clone assistance.. and we don't see and puffs of smoke near naruto in the pages where hes working on the thrown version that would typically signify dispersed clones.
    come fight my brute here

I couldn't really say what I feel without trolling. Um... the move is basically the same except he added another step to it.

Or maybe it's just because he's already too used to doing it with KB's, its second nature.

No it isn't.

He's got the balance of natural, spiritual and physical energy right. There's nothing about his chakra control being better. Hence why he needed clones to create his rasengan still. Just because you didn't see them when he was practicing doesn't mean he didn't use them to form it. Remember that he tends to use them for diversionary tactics as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Naruto still needs at least one clone for fuuton rasenshuriken to add the elemental chakra to it. But he can tho create double rasengans (the normal ones) without the use of clones.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

Hmmm good point there.

Quote Originally Posted by thsv View Post
    No it isn't.

He's got the balance of natural, spiritual and physical energy right. There's nothing about his chakra control being better. Hence why he needed clones to create his rasengan still. Just because you didn't see them when he was practicing doesn't mean he didn't use them to form it. Remember that he tends to use them for diversionary tactics as well.
    Also according to the manga Kakashi could not even add his lightning element to rasengan. but kakashi never tried to use a clone to increase his concentration. if kakashi could not do it with one clone naruto has no way to make FRS with just 1 it is impossible takes at least 2.

k, sorry for the long delay in adding back into this..

I counter the premise that naruto's chakra control isn't greatly improved in sage mode by asking this.. what is sage mode if not the ultimate exercise in chakra control?

I'll concede that he very likely still needs at least one clone for the elemental portion of FRS.. but doesnt it make just as much sense that the second clone is there for the added control needed for the jutsu's expansion after its thrown and approaches its desired target?

going back through the 2 pics from his training.. and this is something i noted in one of the other theory threads when we saw the issues the first time. If he was using the full FRS, the rasengan ball section of the FRS should show as entry and exit points in the trees in question that the jutsu cut through (and i could go back thhrough the threads and see if this is what i originally thought, but im tired, and a little lazy atm.. sure me).. that could mean he may have just been applying wind chakra (creating wind shuriken.. which given sage mode, should be something well in his capability)..
    come fight my brute here