Thread: Unohana Theory

Unohana Theory

So I was re-reading last weeks chapter (515) and as I got to the part regarding how Unohana was ordered not to leave the hospital and enter into the fight...is it possible that she was ordered not to go outside/fight, not because her primary mission was to care for the wounded, but because Yama didn't want the enemy to KNOW who she was?

Granted, some might say that if they knew where Aizen was held, they should know about her. But bare with me a minute.
    It has been tossed around that Unohana could have been a silhouette in the picture with Yama when he was younger...what if she went under a different name then and Bach would recognize her if he saw her but doesn't know the Unohana is that individual under a new alias.

I think it could be an interesting idea to ponder since she has such a mysterious past. Could be anything, and like many, I think her past will be epic.

Viable theory?

Thread Killer
    You're right. She was told to stay behind because she is actually the Captain Commander's daughter, and obviously the next in line to run soul society.

Both hypotheses are clearly viable. Although I think her being Yamamoto's daughter is stretching things a bit.

I like Gov's idea better, it brings more depth to the story and relationships involved. Plus whats the point of healing only those who manage to survive, her role and job is to heal everyone she can and this is the opposite of what any war medic would have ever done.
    A pie in the sky?

Chunin
    Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
    Yeah also Isane said that Unohana would have wanted to go out more than anyone, so there might be a history between Unohana and the Captain Commander, besides that its been said multiple times that Unohana is second to the Captain commander in strength within the Soul Society.