Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Power of the Tailed Beasts

Specifically the 9-tails. Didn't they say somewhere that the amount of energy that the 9-tails possesses is infinite? Please note, I'm not saying invincible, I mean chakra levels, the amount of chakra the 9-tails has available is unlimited. The reason I started thinking about this is people were starting to argue about how much power the 9-tails that's trapped inside Naruto has, and that its half the original power. But infinity divided by two is still infinity, so is there really an actual difference in the amount of power between the 9-tails in Naruto and the original 9-tails before it was sealed? Not going to make a poll because I want discussion, not a blind vote.

Well I think there is difference. The only one is that one chakra is "yin" And the other is "yang". My only guess is that one of them is way more destructive and dangerous than the other one.

you're too troublesome Shikamaru-sensei's Avatar
    Well my opinion on the matter is that this comment was said by someone other than Kyuubi himself. Therefore they have no real evidence of how much Chakra the Kyuubi actually has.

The priciple of a Tailed Beast is that they are masses of Charka. A mass of Chakra would have a limit, but may have been referred to as "unlimited" as an expression to say that it has such a high amount that its impossible to comprehend the actual number.

It could just be that the Kyuubi regenerates Chakra at a faster rate of which it uses it. But in terms of the people of the manga, they have no presecption of how much he really has. Notice Karin simply described Hachibi as having an impossible Chakra level. She is just unable to gauge the real level that it or any other Tailed Beast may actually have.

So in Naruto, if only half of that giant mass of Chakra is sealed within him, then that would suggest just that. Only half. Basically, in my opinion, what I'm saying here is that the word "unlimited" was not to be taken literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikamaru-sensei View Post
    Well my opinion on the matter is that this comment was said by someone other than Kyuubi himself. Therefore they have no real evidence of how much Chakra the Kyuubi actually has.

The priciple of a Tailed Beast is that they are masses of Charka. A mass of Chakra would have a limit, but may have been referred to as "unlimited" as an expression to say that it has such a high amount that its impossible to comprehend the actual number.

It could just be that the Kyuubi regenerates Chakra at a faster rate of which it uses it. But in terms of the people of the manga, they have no presecption of how much he really has. Notice Karin simply described Hachibi as having an impossible Chakra level. She is just unable to gauge the real level that it or any other Tailed Beast may actually have.

So in Naruto, if only half of that giant mass of Chakra is sealed within him, then that would suggest just that. Only half. Basically, in my opinion, what I'm saying here is that the word "unlimited" was not to be taken literally.
    mmkay, I can see that. Like I said, I couldn't remember if it had actually been said that or not, but I thought it would be good to have a discussion about it here instead of the spoiler thread that was getting side-tracked from spoilers discussion.

Now that you mention it that has been said on a couple of occasions. But the only time I can be sure of was in an anime filler episode. The one where Gaara had to rescue his student.

I think Jiraiya may have mentioned the way the 4th's seal worked providing an unlimited source of chakra for Naruto during his summoning training but I can't be sure or find my copy of volume 11. It'll be just before he sorts out Orochimaru's meddling with the seal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

I don't believe a Bijuu's power is really unlimited. But when you compare a Bijuu's chakra level to an average person's chakra level, then you can understand why a Bijuu's chakra would be said to be 'unlimited'. But like the others, I can't recall what exactly was mentioned in the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by thsv View Post
    Now that you mention it that has been said on a couple of occasions. But the only time I can be sure of was in an anime filler episode. The one where Gaara had to rescue his student.

I think Jiraiya may have mentioned the way the 4th's seal worked providing an unlimited source of chakra for Naruto during his summoning training but I can't be sure or find my copy of volume 11. It'll be just before he sorts out Orochimaru's meddling with the seal.
    You're about right. He made it so it will mix with Naruto's chakra.

Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    I don't believe a Bijuu's power is really unlimited. But when you compare a Bijuu's chakra level to an average person's chakra level, then you can understand why a Bijuu's chakra would be said to be 'unlimited'. But like the others, I can't recall what exactly was mentioned in the manga.
    I just took that as a metaphor and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by thsv View Post

meh, I read through it on here, but didn't spot any reference to "unlimited chakra"

hmm, then it seems like it is just a metaphor. I can certainly understand what the intent is though, the tailed beasts have a lot of power to them.

I mentioned this in another thread but the Yin Yang may have nothing to do with capacity as far as how much Naruto can tap into and simply be about some kind of affinity.

As far as the 9 tail fox capacity it comes from the legend that the reason the 9 tails is #1 was because it had unlimted chakra unlike the other Bujuu which all have limits.

In the legend the 8 tailed snake is 2nd strongest and battled the 9 tails in a battle that lasted centuries and eventually lost because unlike the 9 tails the 8 tailed snake has a limit.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

you're too troublesome Shikamaru-sensei's Avatar
    Well POW, now that you bring that up, it is safe to assume that we only heard the rumor of Unlimited through a legend of tailed beast, not directly being a source of the manga. I know there are many similarities used from mythology and legend and such, but the unlimited story doesn't hold any credibility for me seeing as how in the manga the 8tails was portrayed as an Ox/Octopus creature.

It is weird though how all these legends of folklore and such on the internet were taken as fact for being future manga content in Naruto. What I think is that, if it's not a translation from a data book, then it is meaningless to add to a discussion.