Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    The seal that 6TK Naruto just broke is not the same as the one used to keep the actual Kyuubi sealed inside Naruto. The necklace was there to suppress the Kyuubi's chakra should Naruto lose control. It has nothing to do with the 4th's seal on Naruto's stomach.
    This was always my impression as well i do not understand why people are thinking the necklace seals naruto's power away. They are just referring to yamato's use of the necklace to seal the kyuubi away which he does with the help of the necklace. As you saw in the manga he had a number 6 appear on his hand which let him know that something was happening. apparently they must have worked out a way for yamato to know what was going on since he would not always be near/with naruto.

I read that Naruto released the seal by himself. Yamato says it in a correct/another translation.
    I mean the seal inside him and not the necklace.

Hope it's true:

Shikamaru: The Kyuubi transformation...
    Inoichi: I thought Yamato and Kakashi performed a sealing technique on that power?! / What's the meaning of this?
    Katsuyu: It was Hinata-san... / Hinata-san attempted to protect Naruto-kun and was defeated before his eyes. // And then Naruto-kun...
    Shikamaru: So that was the trigger...
    Katsuyu: Presumably.
    Inoichi: Where's Yamato? / What's he doing at a time like this?
    Anko: Was Kabuto there?

Sai: He was.
    Anko: Right... make sure you stay unnoticed.
    Yamato: ! // This is...!
    [Kanji: "six"]
    Anko: What is it?
    Yamato: ...... // Don't tell me... he actually broke the seal himself...! // Six tails... that's just not possible! // This is an emergency! // I'm sorry, but I have to head back to the village immediately!

Spoiler!

you're too troublesome Shikamaru-sensei's Avatar
    Precisely, the sealing spell that Kyuubi broke is not in relation with the 4th's seal. It is suggested that it was some sealing spell that Kakashi and Yamato placed on Naruto through the necklace. Of course this was done some point off screen,and their sealing pails in comparison to the 4ths as we just saw.

Also, I would like to see a chat with Kyuubi and Naruto of them trying to work out some sort of deal. Such as Kyuubi lending Naruto its power, without pushing Naruto's aside so that he can still use his brilliant tactics and remain in a human-like state. But I don't see Naruto losing any tails this battle. It will only increase in numbers at this point.

I was also wondering for some time now if Naruto was even able to go past 4 tails, since he is only housing 1/2 of Kyuubi's chakra, but it seems he is still able to progress past that half way point. Unless the tails is just a way that the Kyuubi shows how much more in control he is at any time, or how much of its chakra is ready to be used against whichever unlucky soul stands against him.

@ofTheDesert;

That translation could also suggest Yamato was referring to the Kyuubi. I get the feeling that is what Yamato was saying when he said "He actually broke the seal himself." And in all honesty, it makes more sense that way. Kyuubi is in control in this state, and he literally ripped it off of Naruto's neck with the power of his cloak.

The 9-Tail Fox could not have beaten all of the Bodies of Pain. Together they made up a team which successfully performed tasks that overall were overpowered (enough to keep a whole village busy). Naruto kicked their butt 1-by-1 leaving a whole bunch of empty spots. The Kyuubi's Chakra A-Bomb would have easily been absorbed by the fat Pain for example, so yeah.. Naruto's training helped a lot. Also, he never wanted to go Fox-Mode again after the Sakura incident because he can't control the Kyuubi.. yet. If he learned to control it, then it would be a whole different story. I doubt he will though. Can't imagine what a 6TK or 9TK would look in Sage Mode.

you're too troublesome Shikamaru-sensei's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KBGuate32 View Post
    The 9-Tail Fox could not have beaten all of the Bodies of Pain. Together they made up a team which successfully performed tasks that overall were overpowered (enough to keep a whole village busy). Naruto kicked their butt 1-by-1 leaving a whole bunch of empty spots. The Kyuubi's Chakra A-Bomb would have easily been absorbed by the fat Pain for example, so yeah.. Naruto's training helped a lot. Also, he never wanted to go Fox-Mode again after the Sakura incident because he can't control the Kyuubi.. yet. If he learned to control it, then it would be a whole different story. I doubt he will though. Can't imagine what a 6TK or 9TK would look in Sage Mode.
    I must disagree with you here. I think Naruto in his current state would have been able to do just as much, if not more damage than Naruto has done in Sage mode.

The point you use of Pain keeping an entire village busy holds little credibility. Because of the fact Naruto took care of Pains bodies by himself, would also suggest he is able to do the same in his current state. Naruto would still be able to take them out 1-by-1, leaving many open spots as you point out, but I would honestly say that he would take out multiple bodies at one time. Remember by simply touching the cloak you begin to melt, as seen from when Orochimaru attacked Kyuubi's hand with a snake.

Kyuubi is also not just a dumb animal. He is a wise evil being, that thinks for itself. He would catch on to the abilities of Pains bodies and take the necessary steps to ensure he could not absorb attacks or revive his bodies.

They probably added the extra seal so that Yamato wouldn't have to be standing over Naruto's shoulders 24-7, which would be impossible at the Toad village.

At this rate there would be no point to put further sealing spells on kyuubi since he can break them. It would eventually depend on naruto to control the kyuubi himself.

Quote Originally Posted by kiduka View Post
    At this rate there would be no point to put further sealing spells on kyuubi since he can break them. It would eventually depend on naruto to control the kyuubi himself.
    Which they should have done in the first place, instead of spoiling Naruto by sheltering him from the Kyuubi.

Haha, great chapter. I swear I thought kyuubi-Naruto got owned 2 different times(the seal and the boulder), but he kept going.
    And Hinata is alive, yay, but damn that means i'm wrong. Well atleast i didn't use one of those "I hate to say it" line when I thought she was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    I just meant for aesthetic value... they could have dispelled the seal and broken any functional value of the necklace (Pain would just say, "He broke the seal!" to let the audience know), but that thing is an antique with a lot of history, and I liked how it looked on Naruto. Plus it was a symbol of Tsunade's trust in him, he was supposed to wear it when he became hokage... a 'charm to make his dream come true' or whatever she referred to it as when she gave it to people.

The value of the necklace, at least to me, was established long before we knew it had any connection to suppressing the Kyuubi.
    It's cool, I was just enjoying the fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Titokhan View Post
    and does anyone else notice how easily Sakura's taking over for Tsunade in terms of handing out orders?

naruto may not end up the 6th hokage after all, it'll be sakura
    Which is why Naruto must gain control on his own, he must be Konoha's saviour without needing to be saved from his demon. That just makes him atbest a weapon, at worst a liability. If Yamato has to save Konoha from Naruto, then Naruto will be back where he started, a loathed, fear Jinchuriki.

@ Shikamaru-sensei.

Here's what I think.

If a deal was attempted by Naruto with the Fox, what possible benefit would the fox get back for lending his power? afteral what the Fox desires is simple, a) he wants to be free b) He wants to wreak havoc, murder, and mayhem. Naruto can't offer him anything he wants.

I think Naruto has always had access to some of the Foxes power, he just has forsaken trying to use that power

Lastly the conversation between Jiraiya and the Key Toad leads me to belive that Naruto has access to the Foxes power without having to ask the Fox.
    Last edited by paulbee; 03-07-2009 at 01:30 AM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !