Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tousen Is most likely a really strong fighter...

Seems as though most people believe Tousen to a weak character. Weaker than the rest of the captains because he lost to Kenpachi. First off Kenpachi is not a weak captain so there is no shame in losing to him. We also seen some of tousens strength when he was fighting the captains who are now vizards he looked pretty strong in those chapters.

We know that hes not affected by aizens sword because hes blind but if he was just some weak useless character Aizen would've just got rid of him. The fact that aizen and gin who are extremely powerful align themselves with him should show that he has alot of ability. Kenpachi could of been either, A. a bad matchup for Tousen considering he may be the only person who would overcome his bankai in that way or B. Tousen let Kenpachi win. I say this because it wouldve given him time to help Aizen complete his plan since if everyone thinks hes hurt or dead he goes unnoticed. He was also fine when he returned and we have no idea who healed him.

Thoughts?

I have never really doubted Tousen's strength... as you said Kenpachi is probably one of the few if not the only one who would be able to defeat Tousen's bankai in that matter... also Tousen was toying with him... if he would have went for the immediate kill like he did when he trapped Kensei then it would have been a different story... I also wondered how he was healed when he appeared back on the Sōkyoku hill.

Spoiler!

I've never really doubted Tousen's strength or ability either. After all, you don't become a Captain by being particularly weak. And they would know it since you at least gotta pass some tests to be considered for a Captain's seat.

As for how Tousen was healed up, I assumed that his injury was not as serious as it looked and just did some acting. That's probably not the case since Kenpachi isn't known for holding back other than the eyepatch and 2 hand thing. But everyone gets the point anyway (I hope).

Yeah true... Kenpachi was just fighting for the hell of it... He had no real intention of injuring Tousen heavily... I guess he did just escape with minor injuries.

Spoiler!

I don't see why anyone would assume him to be weak. i mean being a captain non-withstanding he's shown he clearly has strength on the battle field and not to mention once he went with aizen to hueco mundo he's shown that he truly does have strength. The fact that he cut off grimmjows arm in one fell swoop has to be a sign. but sure grimmjow wasn't expecting it but still to cut of an espada's arm that's a fairly high rank in 1 shot shows something.
    CAN U COUNT????
    Spoiler!

The Truth About Hentai
    Spoiler!

he cut off grimmjaws's arm! (even though he probably didn't expect that...)

i haven't heard anyone call tousen weak...
    ive just seen that fight as proof of how strong Kenpachi is

made by [DFX]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    you got me what I always wanted \o/
    you're now my favorite person.
    jaeger makes the internet go round

In another thread I remember someone saying how weak kensei and them look since Tousen beat them. I've seen things like that for quite awhile. I wouldnt be surprised if he was one of the stronger captains.

Well in those cases they were caught off guard... not to take anything away from Tosen... but I think it would have been different fight if they had been prepared for it.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by icedout921 View Post
    In another thread I remember someone saying how weak kensei and them look since Tousen beat them. I've seen things like that for quite awhile. I wouldnt be surprised if he was one of the stronger captains.
    I reckon Kensei is one of the stronger Vizard captains. The way his squad worked (he had 4 really strong seated members unlike in other squads where the 3rd seat is weak as). Tousen's bankai is kinda like Aizen's in the sense that its hard to avoid. In the case of Kensei, Tousen pretended to acted injured, then when Kensei had his back turned, used his bankai which as we know blinds all the senses other than pain. Not only that but Tousen went for the kill with a fatal shot right through Kensei instead of like with Kenpachi where he gave him time to recover from the shock and plan. I disagree with anyone who calls Kensei weak as he (as portarayed in the manga) is meant to be really strong ,like Kenpachi, (he survived Tousen's attempted to kill him but was taken over by his hollow because of his anger). Tousen's bankai is great but I wouldn't go as far as to say that his one of the stronger captains. From as far as I can tell, anyone who has an aoe attack could counter Tousen's bankai, given they have enough time to recover from the ability of his release.