Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My first clean

Hybrid View

My first clean

Well this is my first time cleaning something. :3 Took my about an hour to do....

Original
    Spoiler!

Cleaned
    Spoiler!

I plan to do something with more grays later.

I think its a bit too dark, from a reader's point of view. Lines are too bold. It hurts my eyes.
    Last edited by Arbitrary; 03-02-2009 at 02:34 AM.

It's way overleveled. Don't use levels to make the blacks completeley black, that has to be done by hand (either burn or brush). The same goes to the specks of dust, only that you'd be changing the color to white, duh. Also some lines look blurry, don't know what you did there. Maybe you did it to counter the lack of anti-aliasing that came from overleveling or maybe you used a denoising program and went too far? Well, the grays look similar to the raw so probably it's not the second one. I can't comment much more really, I'm not much of an expert.
    To-love-ru >>> One Piece

I must agree with Dokuro no Kishi, it's very overleveled. The edges look jagged, covered up by blur.

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mass Zero View Post
    I must agree with Dokuro no Kishi, it's very overleveled. The edges look jagged, covered up by blur.
    Indeed. It looks like it took an hour. You just need to level it to a small extent and then use the burn or a black brush to darken the blacks and then fix the whites. That's a verrrry 'in a nutshell simplified' recommendation, but it'll produce a much better result.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

I think that if you told us what techniques you used on the page we could help you better.

Besides the page being overleveled I noticed some dust on the page still, my suggestion would be to make a copy of your clean and move the black level all the way up so that you can see what dust is still there. Then you can brush over the dust more easily as it will be more visible.

Quote Originally Posted by [DFX] View Post
    I think that if you told us what techniques you used on the page we could help you better.

Besides the page being overleveled I noticed some dust on the page still, my suggestion would be to make a copy of your clean and move the black level all the way up so that you can see what dust is still there. Then you can brush over the dust more easily as it will be more visible.
    Or you can use a levels layer.
    To-love-ru >>> One Piece

I leveled it like... Twice I think and overused the Noise removal tool. o.o
    I have been doing better with my cleans now. ^^

Thanks for the comments. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by The Ama View Post
    I leveled it like... Twice I think and overused the Noise removal tool. o.o
    I have been doing better with my cleans now. ^^

Thanks for the comments. ^^
    It's not about how much you use it, it's the total amount you level. You can level a bit, a lot of times and it'll have the same effect as leveling a lot in 1 go. :o

wow it feels so weird being on the other side of the cleaning track but you over denoised. you can tell in the lines above Ichigo's head my suggestion is to look at those lines(or any set of detailed lines so you can tell when you moved one slider a little too much)