Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    This Machine Pwns n00bs Amargo Deathscythe's Avatar

reasons why I think the black getsuga isn't really a getsuga but a cero

I've done some reading and I came across something that bothered me about ichigo and ogihci(hollow ichigo). when Ichigo first fought ogihci neither one of them knew getsuga tenshou because ichigo hadn't learned it yet. at first it was implied that ogihci learned something when ichigo obtained it, but that wasn't the case with the "black" getsuga tenshou. also we notice ichigo couldn't fire the getsuga at will until he learned its name which also implies it's best to fire it when calling out the attack (duh zangetsu told ichigo this 300 chapters ago)

well think about this. when ogihci fired the black getsuga ichigo hadn't done it yet and to make matters more confusing, if the attack is at its strongest when its name is called and ogihci is such a power driven mad man, why didn't he call out getsuga's name when he fired it? not only that but the attack looked as strong as when ichigo does it and yells getsuga tenshou. this in my opinion means the black getsuga is the hollow cero just amplified by zangetsu

My reasoning is the black getsuga is originally ogihci's attack which means it resonates with the hollow powers and in my opinion is ogihci's cero. think about it, ichigo never had major problems with controling ogihchi until he started using the black getsuga alot, also ogihci said all ichigo did was copy him and that "his" power was now dominant. this is because ichigo became dependent on an attack that had nothing to do with zangetsu and depended ogihci's attack while not paying attention to the fact this was not something he learned from zangetsu, he simply assumed it was getsuga and started using it making his cero his dominant attack over the actual getsuga.

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    First, we need to actually determine what cero actually is. Just for the sake of argument, lets say cero is just amplified spiritual particles(hollow) concentrated, and launched at the opponent.

Now for Getsuga tenshou, it involves the same exact explanation as the caro attack, except its being used from a Shinigami's spirit particles, and launched from a blade as opposed from his fingers. But ogihcI, uses his version, which includes these hollow spirit particles that Ulq is referring to.

The real difference, is the way its used.
    Ichigo uses it, in a swinging motion, that has no definite form, its just a glob of hollow raitsu. Cero, is more beam-like.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

This Machine Pwns n00bs Amargo Deathscythe's Avatar
    thats why i said his is amplifed by zangetsu. Look at the way hollow ichigo was going to fire its cero. it was the same color as ichigo's raitsu in bankai. but also remember ichigo's raitsu remained blue right up until he had his hollow episode again't byakuya, then it turned black. ichigo's raitsu didn't begin to change color with is ascention into bankai until after this. if we recall his first transformation was blue from then on its been black. also keep in mind of all the bankai we've seen ichigo's raitsu is the only one that changes color and if you recal the grande rey cero and the cero ulq just used are more or less large blasts of energy that cover a wide range. much like the black getsuga.

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by Amargo Deathscythe View Post
    thats why i said his is amplifed by zangetsu. Look at the way hollow ichigo was going to fire its cero. it was the same color as ichigo's raitsu in bankai. but also remember ichigo's raitsu remained blue right up until he had his hollow episode again't byakuya, then it turned black. ichigo's raitsu didn't begin to change color with is ascention into bankai until after this. if we recall his first transformation was blue from then on its been black. also keep in mind of all the bankai we've seen ichigo's raitsu is the only one that changes color and if you recal the grande rey cero and the cero ulq just used are more or less large blasts of energy that cover a wide range. much like the black getsuga.
    I was agreeing with you. And the way I explained it was that Both the cero and Ichigo's Getsuga, uses the same type of spiritual energy. 1 is fired from the tip of the blade, and the other is fired by some other source.

What makes it Getsuga, is the fact that he collects the energy through his Zanpakuto, then his Zanpakuto, fires it off. Same technique, different properties. In this case spiritual energy is the different property.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

There was a similar forum posted on this but it was more about why can't he do a cero but there was some discussion about how his getsuga tenshou could be a concentrated cero check it out there might be some stuff to help you theory or just back up what you're thinking. http://mangashare.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11275
    CAN U COUNT????
    Spoiler!

The Truth About Hentai
    Spoiler!

Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    Maybe ichigos chakra changes colour with his mood lol

A cero is a technique, that you launch with your fingers or any other part of your body. Ichigo does it in a specific manner, that makes his unique to him since he uses his own raitsu also and launches it from his blade.. So its not just simply a cero. He made it his own if you wanna put it that way.

But in this case, nothing is confirmed, only evidenced so lets try not to state it as fact yet.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

I want more Bala attacks!

What would be grand rey cero for Getsuga then? is that the next power up? lol
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I want more Bala attacks!

What would be grand rey cero for Getsuga then? is that the next power up? lol
    Or maybe super getsuga tenshou. Or maybe beyond gran ray, it doesnt just destabalize the atomsphere, it cuts through hueco mundo, making like an interdimensional pathway to the real world. Like that technique the arrancar use, except Ichigo is using it. So its like a combination of cero, and that portal move! Super theory from me XD. I had it for a while and waited for the right time to use it...but I couldnt hold out much longer and decided to post it here XD.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by colas View Post
    Maybe ichigos chakra changes colour with his mood lol
    narutards.....yiiikes...

on topic, i would hope we get some kind of cool explanation about how black getsuga and cero could be linked, but i won't hold my breath.