Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Nice job k-oz, but im gonna have to agree with Jink,

Anyone want to comment how old pein was when he recruited itachi?

Zetta Recommends: Naruto, Claymore, Death note, Elfen Lied, Berserk, Monster, One Piece, Rurouni Kenshin, Bleach,

Gameboy: "Its better to fight with honor than be silent and shit bricks"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    As far as Jiraya knows, Pein is the leader of akatsuki and not anybody else we may think it is. (no Tobi debates here)
    i still think Tobi is pein's lackey

BUT there's nothing to actually support ur statement here bro. Since Jiraiya has not mentioned PEIN as being the actual leader of akatsuki, remember Pein's identity was always kept secret and the members of akatsuki for the most part have always been kept secret until recently when they've been revealed one by one.

Thus we have absolutely no actual evidence to back up a "Jiraiya knows Pein" theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetta View Post
    Just quick thoughts, How old was pein when he was leading the akatsuki? he looks in his early or late 20's, We know itachi was a member since 13 years old, That means Pein was about a 18 or even younger since it would take awhile to gather the members. Thats pretty crazy, Just a thought.

Also, if the rain village has been in civil war with pein being a leader of one side, does that mean there is a opponent just as strong as pein on the other side? It seems the sides are in gridlock.
    itachi was 11 when he joined akatsuki, why?

before the time skip they said it was 7 years since orochimary left akatsuki, and that was because of itachi... before the time skip the age of itachi was 18...

BUT there's nothing to actually support ur statement here bro. Since Jiraiya has not mentioned PEIN as being the actual leader of akatsuki, remember Pein's identity was always kept secret and the members of akatsuki for the most part have always been kept secret until recently when they've been revealed one by one.
    Well, who else could it be then? If it's not Pein, then it's the blue-haired woman, since no other akatsuki members are from Rain village.

Quote Originally Posted by K-oz View Post
    It's never said that it's "Pein"

they said akatsuki's leader, thus in my post i said that there may be sum validity to the "higher up" boss over Pein. IF Pein isnt the true head as the theory went.

Get it now? The point being that Pein's name wasnt actually mentioned.
    It never said it's not Pein either. Jiraiya may not know who the "supposed" AL is, but I'm sure there are some people out there who do, especially inside the rain village. Rumors have to spread from somewhere. As the manga goes now Pein is the AL, even if it's obvious that Tobi is the mastermind behind all of it.

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood

Agreed with Jink, Everyone thinks Pein is the current AL leader. even though Jiraiya doesn't know pein, He is implying about him. no one knows about Tobi being the mastermind beside pein and blue.

itachi was 11 when he joined akatsuki, why?

before the time skip they said it was 7 years since orochimary left akatsuki, and that was because of itachi... before the time skip the age of itachi was 18...
    Does this mean akatsuki were following orders from a 15 yr old kid or something? Pein looks very young, He looks like the same age as itachi or a bit older. That must be most dangerous genius if you got a freakin teenager leading a bunch of bad asses.

Zetta Recommends: Naruto, Claymore, Death note, Elfen Lied, Berserk, Monster, One Piece, Rurouni Kenshin, Bleach,

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendoki View Post
    Well, who else could it be then? If it's not Pein, then it's the blue-haired woman, since no other akatsuki members are from Rain village.
    yeah but it doesnt necessarily mean that the "actual-boss" has to be someone we already been shown. let me put it to you guys this way....

why on earth would Kishi at THIS POINT in time bring up the Rain Village to investigation???

I smell a follow up to the current arc luring about...think about this, at this point everyone in Akatsuki that we've known of has been revealed, and they are about to clash. So why send Jiraiya to Rain Village? What purpose would that serve, to send him there to find out about the leader of Akatsuki and their organization? What would the use of it be at THIS POINT in the series? Seriously think hard on this and i'm sure u guys can arrive at many conclusions just like i did.

There HAS to be more to Akatsuki than meets the eye, we are likely to be at the tip of the ice berg only, what will Jiraiya find? And how interesting could it be to reveal Pein so early if he's the final boss? Unless he has some uber kill all jutsu that will keep him being a threat for the next 50 chapters. I just dont see that happening...

It's likely that my early theory from a few chapters before that either Tobi is Pein's scout OR that he's on equal grounds as Pein as far as what purpose he serves for their "higher up boss" has some insight. Tobi went to Pein to report on the situation with Deidara vs. Sasuke and then he left...but where did he go to? That's the real question...did he go to report to a higher up?

Quote Originally Posted by Jink View Post
    It never said it's not Pein either. Jiraiya may not know who the "supposed" AL is, but I'm sure there are some people out there who do, especially inside the rain village. Rumors have to spread from somewhere. As the manga goes now Pein is the AL, even if it's obvious that Tobi is the mastermind behind all of it.
    You missin the point im making bro. The point is that Jiraiya has no actual way of knowing that the mastermind behind it all is Pein. Otherwise he wouldnt need to go into Hidden Rain Vilalge to find out more about it. He doesnt have enough info its likely that he just heard that there was a relation between the leader of akatsuki and the civil war in rain village.

This coin can flip to either side in this case and thats what im saying. Because he doesnt actually mention Pein's name, it could be said that it CAN be Pein that he's referring to as well as not being pein and being someone with greater influence and power.
    ------------------------------------------
    Agreed with Jink, Everyone thinks Pein is the current AL leader. even though Jiraiya doesn't know pein, He is implying about him. no one knows about Tobi being the mastermind beside pein and blue.

Does this mean akatsuki were following orders from a 15 yr old kid or something? Pein looks very young, He looks like the same age as itachi or a bit older. That must be most dangerous genius if you got a freakin teenager leading a bunch of bad asses.
    no way that Itachi was 11, we have discussed this before, and its more likely just a plothole. Itachi being 11 at that time would mean he was still in Konoha. So unlikely that he'd be able to be a full time member of akatsuki AND Konoha dont you agree?

Specially with security checks and all that. And even though Konoha is somewhat relaxed on security, I just dont see him being able to fool everyone for years to come.
    Last edited by K-oz; 08-18-2007 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I smell a follow up to the current arc luring about...think about this, at this point everyone in Akatsuki that we've known of has been revealed, and they are about to clash. So why send Jiraiya to Rain Village? What purpose would that serve, to send him there to find out about the leader of Akatsuki and their organization? What would the use of it be at THIS POINT in the series? Seriously think hard on this and i'm sure u guys can arrive at many conclusions just like i did.
    That be pretty gay.....Its like repeating the same thing over and over again, First it was with akatsuki, that was badass, then with pein, that was badass, then happened again! ok who is this new kid? it was madara, sweet. Now introduce another super-bad guy? that be just horrible. They mentioned/introduced everyone in part 1. Why would kishi change his way....unless he is getting paid more to continue the story.

no way that Itachi was 11, we have discussed this before, and its more likely just a plothole. Itachi being 11 at that time would mean he was still in Konoha. So unlikely that he'd be able to be a full time member of akatsuki AND Konoha dont you agree?

Specially with security checks and all that. And even though Konoha is somewhat relaxed on security, I just dont see him being able to fool everyone for years to come.
    He would be about 13 then. It would still make pein pretty damn young for him to lead such bad-asses

You missin the point im making bro. The point is that Jiraiya has no actual way of knowing that the mastermind behind it all is Pein. Otherwise he wouldnt need to go into Hidden Rain Vilalge to find out more about it. He doesnt have enough info its likely that he just heard that there was a relation between the leader of akatsuki and the civil war in rain village.

This coin can flip to either side in this case and thats what im saying. Because he doesnt actually mention Pein's name, it could be said that it CAN be Pein that he's referring to as well as not being pein and being someone with greater influence and power.
    No no, i understand what your saying. But from this point, he is theorizing the AL leader is there and makes it on good assumption. Who knows what he will find. He did say he found the AL leader hideout, then gives his theory. Pein is from hidden rain village, rain village has a secret war, tight borders etc..etc... we can connect the dots here. But Like you said it can go both ways, for now it seems he has a good theory on AL leader (pein, he is from rain...)whereabouts.

So why send Jiraiya to Rain Village? What purpose would that serve, to send him there to find out about the leader of Akatsuki and their organization? What would the use of it be at THIS POINT in the series?
    lol, to find who the leader is, and make a plan to attack, that is what jiraiya said. He will go to rain find out more, if the rumours are true, then konoha will come up with a plan of attack.

Banned
    That be pretty gay.....Its like repeating the same thing over and over again, First it was with akatsuki, that was badass, then with pein, that was badass, then happened again! ok who is this new kid? it was madara, sweet. Now introduce another super-bad guy? that be just horrible. They mentioned/introduced everyone in part 1. Why would kishi change his way....unless he is getting paid more to continue the story.

He would be about 13 then. It would still make pein pretty damn young for him to lead such bad-asses

No no, i understand what your saying. But from this point, he is theorizing the AL leader is there and makes it on good assumption. Who knows what he will find. He did say he found the AL leader hideout, then gives his theory. Pein is from hidden rain village, rain village has a secret war, tight borders etc..etc... we can connect the dots here. But Like you said it can go both ways, for now it seems he has a good theory on AL leader (pein, he is from rain...)whereabouts.

lol, to find who the leader is, and make a plan to attack, that is what jiraiya said. He will go to rain find out more, if the rumours are true, then konoha will come up with a plan of attack.
    If your last point is true and certainly it will be then it just goes to further my first point, that there has to be more baddies in rain village. Why go through all this trouble now with hidden rain village and infiltrating it then coming back to report and all that stuff if Naruto and Co. are already fighting against them?

get me? so yeah I think Kishi isnt done introducing bad guys and also from the way Jiraiya was speaking i will make a bold statement here and now

I predict the DEATH OF JIRAIYA SOON some how those words of him and setting an example for the younger generation sounds a lot like what someone who's gonna die soon would say.

who says pein was the akatsuki leader back then? maybe they had another leader, might be peins father... but anyways... i guess pein atm is like 28..