Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar

Street Fighter IV

Ok it came out a few days ago and there wasn't a thread for it so I made one.

Just bought it today and I must say that so far I am thoroughly impressed. The graphics are great, the fighting's top notch and for the most part everything seems to be balanced. On top of that the online is simply superb. I've played about 50 matches so far and haven't had a laggy one yet.

The only qualms I have are that all the characters aren't unlocked from the get-go (I wanted Sakura! T_T) and the computer is ridiculously difficult. Though everyone already seems to acknowledge the latter as a flaw since you need to play arcade mode to unlock the extra characters.

So for those who have it, are you enjoying it? Are you good? Who do you use? (I use Cammy.)

For those who don't, does it look like a game you'd purchase?

At least from my perspective, it was worth every penny.

Edit: I'm gonna just go ahead and edit in a list of unlockables. I can't play right now but for those who can here ya go. ^_^ Will add more as I get free time.

Unlockable Character List

Spoiler!

Challenge Unlockables

Spoiler!

Note: If anyone knows what you get for Time Attack (Hard) 2-5 please PM me so I can post them.
    Last edited by Arisato-kun; 03-11-2009 at 06:06 PM.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

I just bought it yesterday and I have to say it's probably the best fighting game I've ever played. Like you said the graphics rock and the fighting system flows really nice. I personally like using Ken and sometimes Ryu but I've been trying to master Abel's moveset, not doing too well so far. Overall it's a great game and well worth the puchase.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Preordered the game and got it early, it'd be way better if the arcade stick was didn't have to be re-released in march, but I'm still having fun so far, that Seth guy is bullshit sometimes, but I've done well against him with guys like Sagat and Ryu..whenever I play with my cousin he kills me with Blanka though.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Really? I thought it would be sucky. Do you guys recommend it? Or you are you guys just big fans of Vs arcade type games? I'm not a huge fan of them because they are limited to vs fights but I do remember loving them when I was kid.
    LeggoMyWebbo

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archiel View Post
    Preordered the game and got it early, it'd be way better if the arcade stick was didn't have to be re-released in march, but I'm still having fun so far, that Seth guy is bullshit sometimes, but I've done well against him with guys like Sagat and Ryu..whenever I play with my cousin he kills me with Blanka though.
    Seth can be complete bullshit sometimes. There are times where it's taken me 20 mins to finally beat him. T_T While decent at fighters I am by no means the Street Fighter master the game expects me to be.

Quote Originally Posted by CiTo_Uchiha View Post
    Really? I thought it would be sucky. Do you guys recommend it? Or you are you guys just big fans of Vs arcade type games? I'm not a huge fan of them because they are limited to vs fights but I do remember loving them when I was kid.
    Well if you're looking for anything like minigames you'll be disappointed. It's straight up 1v1 fighting. You've got your arcade mode, vs. and Xbox Live. That's pretty much it. But for what it offers it's really worth it.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Thanks Im going to get it today, I'll post thoughts later.
    LeggoMyWebbo

Don't you feel the controls where a little slow?

When you pull the moves off I just feel that I needed to hold the buttons down for that millisecond extra.

But on the whole good game just need to get some free time to practice and kick some ass

I don't like fighting games so I'm not getting it.

Playing the game right now. LOVE IT!
    LeggoMyWebbo

Are you guys using the default controller (D-pad) or using the sticks? I ask because I have always been very disappointed at the D-pad use for 2D fighting games (vs arcade-style sticks) and hesitate getting SFIV...I played some other SF games on xbox and they kinda blew. Let me know what you think about your controls.