Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    I just rented it and have started playing...are there any guides to help me get started? I want to unlock new players...do I do that by beating the Arcade version or do I need to do some other special stuff (like challenges)?

What is the best part of the game? Playing against match players? Let me know so I can get the full experience because as of right now it is...meh (good graphics but just an pretty arcade game so far).
    Unlock list?

I'll spoiler tag one and edit it into my first post.

Best part is online play. That's the way SF4 is meant to be played.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

I spent a few hours on it last night and I don't think it's that great tbh :/
    The gameplay feels very rigid and slow, although I started to enjoy it a little more after I unlocked Cammy, she's actually quite fluent with her moves.

Sakura's little "ara" when her jump move misses is cute :3

Edit: Also, wtf is with Chun-Li's legs D:
    Fukken thunder thighs, That's not muscle, it's just gross :|

Why are you guys playing this game ? I've played a similary game on 2002 -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Arisato-kun View Post
    Unlock list?

I'll spoiler tag one and edit it into my first post.

Best part is online play. That's the way SF4 is meant to be played.
    Thanks for the list, I started unlocking characters and will start playing them. Challenge mode is pretty fun. I will start my ranked matches once I settle into a character,probably one of the ol' standbys: Ken or Ryu.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangaz View Post
    I spent a few hours on it last night and I don't think it's that great tbh :/
    Sangaz, it is growing on me but I know what you mean. I used to drop tons of coins into the SFII way back in the day. There was something about the competition that I loved. I definitely have fallen back into the same combos and the focus/super/ultra attacks are nice. Along with the graphics, it is solid but against other big titles I don't know if I would pay the big bucks for it.

To the SFIV vets, who is your favorite character? Who is really fun to use? Who is the best for matchplay (aside from Akuma and Gouken)?

Sakura's little "ara" when her jump move misses is cute :3
    400% agree Sangaz. That's one of the reasons I use her. ^_^

Edit: Also, wtf is with Chun-Li's legs D:
    Fukken thunder thighs, That's not muscle, it's just gross :|
    Sadly I agree on that too. My friends and I always comment on Chun-Li's "Thighs of Steel."

Quote Originally Posted by Aragor View Post
    Why are you guys playing this game ? I've played a similary game on 2002 -.-
    Because it's simple, fun fighting. Screw minigames. When I buy a fighter all I wanna do is beat the crap out of someone and prove my dominance. SF4 accomplishes that. Plus it's online so you can play against a human anytime you want. That is the way SF is meant to be played.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post

To the SFIV vets, who is your favorite character? Who is really fun to use? Who is the best for matchplay (aside from Akuma and Gouken)?
    I use Sakura for pretty much everything. She's my favorite character, fun to use and I like the subtleties of her moveset. Shouhouken annihilates Shoryuken as far as range. Plus she can either do a small, fast Hadouken or a slower but stronger Hadouken.

All the Gouken's I've played I've beaten...but that may just be because the players were bad. Zangief and Blanka can both be cheap online so watch out for them. I see tons of people using Ken for match play. He seems very balanced and I highly recommend him or Ryu for beginners.

Also I added challenge mode unlockables to the front page. Get grinding to unlock those costumes guys!

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

I'm not very good yet, But Cammy is probably my favorite, she's got a good balance of jumping, mid and low combos, she's pretty fast too... and she's hot.

Oh and one of her moves can be turned into one of her two throws once you're in the right place, if you do it early she'll do a frankensteiner, good for avoiding Zangeif's spinning thing and slamming the bastard straight into the floor :|

I'm not very good yet, But Cammy is probably my favorite, she's got a good balance of jumping, mid and low combos, she's pretty fast too... and she's hot.

Oh and one of her moves can be turned into one of her two throws once you're in the right place, if you do it early she'll do a frankensteiner, good for avoiding Zangeif's spinning thing and slamming the bastard straight into the floor :|
    I couldn't quite get that move down. Though I know that when I feel like being cheap I can just spam Spiral Arrow.

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Beer and Music
    I actually liked this fighting game, its no Guilty Gears but its awesome, the original is better, ofcourse..lol
    But! What I fuckin hate is when fagnuts online abuse with blanka and zangeif, its fuckin annoying!
    Anyone else ill take on but anyone that plays/abuses with any of those two characters can just go to hell

My Best Characters: Chun-li, Ken and Vega

Slovakia, not Slovenia - LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    I actually liked this fighting game, its no Guilty Gears but its awesome, the original is better, ofcourse..lol
    But! What I fuckin hate is when fagnuts online abuse with blanka and zangeif, its fuckin annoying!
    Anyone else ill take on but anyone that plays/abuses with any of those two characters can just go to hell

My Best Characters: Chun-li, Ken and Vega
    and you call yourself a SFIV player ??? True SFIV player would stood up to anyone no matter how much abusing will be involved. As I understand Zangief and Blanka seem to be powerfull characters so why are you so upset about it. Chalange is what makes us better and better. I cant believe they are unbeatable, no one is. Then when you claim your victory, satisfaction .

anyway its just a game so... dont worry be happy ( or use cheats )
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

Beer and Music
    lol cheats are for fags

and i never called myself a "SFIV Player" i do play it just not like, an actual player. Plus, any player would be annoyed when a character is overused or abused due to spamming moves, thats a cheating way to win, no skill, just like in halo with the rocket launcher, no skill man...no skill

(Another example would be playing against a japanese kid on Final Fantasy Dissidia, they over use that fuckin little kid, annoying as hell)