Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mass Zero View Post
    Oi, I'm thinking of getting this, but with fighters I always get the feeling they bore so fast. >_>; Name me some plus points why this game is a must have. Prtplz.
    Well you have your standard arcade mode like everything else. There's also Time Attack, Survival and Challenge modes which each have a Medium or Hard difficulty. The challenge mode is very helpful since it actually teaches you how to do combos instead of you just figuring it out in training mode.

If anything the strongest pull is the online mode. They just pull it off so well. Your skill level is actually taken into consideration and they try to match you appropriately based on BP, Win/Loss Ratio, etc. For the most part it actually works too. Connections are solid too. I haven't played a laggy match yet.

Finally, and most importantly is the characters. Most fighting games have certain characters that are just over the top and unbeatable. Some would have you believe that's the case with Street Fighter 4. Well it's not. Every character is completely balanced. You can pretty much beat anyone with anyone. (While most would expect Gouken to be unstoppable I've beaten quite a few on my skill lvl with Sakura.) Basically you know that if you lost a match, then the other person was plain better than you. Simple as that.

So if you're looking for minigames or anything like that this isn't for you. But if you want a solid fighting game that takes everything it brings to the table and executes it damn near perfectly then SF4 is for you. ^_^

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Decidedly Undecided
    I've been saying that to my little brother, Arisato, but he keeps saying it's luck that helps me win. Right...Luck let me beat him 3 TIMES IN A ROW AS KEN.

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

Quote Originally Posted by Hagane, the Ice Nomad View Post
    I've been saying that to my little brother, Arisato, but he keeps saying it's luck that helps me win. Right...Luck let me beat him 3 TIMES IN A ROW AS KEN.
    It's all skill now. Here's an example.

Sp I brought this over to my friend's house to play since my Xbox died. I was winning but at one point when we swapped controllers bad things started happening to me and my friend thought he proved me wrong by winning by button mashing. Turns out the other controller I was using didn't have the button config I use. A quick change and I wrecked that button masher. XD

So the moral is, the more you play the better you get. And even Blanka's cheap lightning and Zangief's cheap tornado can all be solved by a simple Hadoken. ^_^

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Decidedly Undecided
    And Guile's cheap charge time for the sonic boom?

(sig by Cross)

Proud Grammar Nazi

Quote Originally Posted by Hagane, the Ice Nomad View Post
    And Guile's cheap charge time for the sonic boom?
    Yes. Hadoken blocks it. Then you follow up with a Shouhouken. ^_^

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

my my, hadoken seems to counter many things now, kukuku like always.

Quote Originally Posted by [Cross] View Post
    my my, hadoken seems to counter many things now, kukuku like always.
    Don't fix what isn't broken [Cross]. ^_^

Besides, if you play enough you learn how to avoid Hadoken.

Technique #1 for Hadoken evasion: Jump

Of course that opens you up too.

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Ah, old school fireball trap.

Decidedly Undecided
    I meant, how does one get around playing as Huile with such difficult moves to pull off? I mean, I can perform all of the other Characters' Ultra Combos(the chars I have unlocked, anyway) at the drop of a hat! His is the only one I have some modicum of difficulty with.

(sig by Cross)

Proud Grammar Nazi

I just rented it and have started playing...are there any guides to help me get started? I want to unlock new players...do I do that by beating the Arcade version or do I need to do some other special stuff (like challenges)?

What is the best part of the game? Playing against match players? Let me know so I can get the full experience because as of right now it is...meh (good graphics but just an pretty arcade game so far).