Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Don't blame the author for your refusal to try to understand the story. A lot of intelligent people still see sense in the story. It is a work of fiction after all, something that's supposed to leave things to the imagination. If you don't want to understand it anymore, you can just stop reading it.

You can use the time you spend reading a "failure" for something more productive.

Colonel of SOS Brigade Kushieda's Avatar
    I didn't say it didn't make sense. I said it's boring and having people walk away from an explosion that leveled a major city is not only ridiculous but laughable at best. Hence the author FAILS. The story is made to be understandable by a 10 year old, which I most certainly am not.

What makes Naruto suck isn't that one can't "understand the story", but that the situations are not believable or even plausible if you "suspend belief" momentarily for the sake of plot.

Index by sangaz - All Hail Suzumiya-dono

It's not like people haven't walked out of city-leveling explosions before. In real life.

You have to remember that this is Shounen. It IS made to be understandable by a 10 year old. It IS made to be not believable. And I honestly haven't seen a situation in Naruto that I haven't been able to explain within the context of the plot.

EDIT: I hope you're not offended. I respect your opinions, I just find them hard to apply to myself.

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    I enjoy Naruto, because its creative use of a gimmick, such as jutsu and weapons and the like. Thats the most appealing part. The story is also engaging, because of how the characters interact with each other during fights.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

Quote Originally Posted by Kushieda View Post
    what the hell is that about. A Nuke basically went off and people are still standing? Kishimodo fails as an author.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kushieda View Post
    I didn't say it didn't make sense. I said it's boring and having people walk away from an explosion that leveled a major city is not only ridiculous but laughable at best.
    1: The reason they are alive is because Tsuande used her special Medical jutsu too protect everyone as Hokage.

2: Pain's Shinra Tensei is not exactly the same as a "nuke"

- a Nuke is both intense heat , radiation , and a shockwave of destructive force that has lasting residual effects

- Shinra Tensei is more like a gravitational shockwave it mearly pushes things away it doesnt burn nor cut. If ppl die its more likely from being thrown and slamming into a dense immovable object or being crushed under debry.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Even then, lots of people have walked out of Hiroshima and Nagasaki alive.

Decidedly Undecided
    Well, here's a funny story of how I even heard of Naruto in the first place.

I actually first read it in the October '04 issue of Shonen JUMP, back when it was still in the first section of the Chuunin exams(it was actually the chapter where Naruto pretty much called Morino Ibiki's bluff). I'd actually ordered the issue in my school's book-store project.

Anyway, I think to myself, 'oh great, another ninja love-story manga', so I didn't pay it much mind.

Fast-forward to Fevruary of the next year, with Sasuke going CS lvl 1 for the first time. I've been hooked on the manga ever since, soltlely for the action.

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

Colonel of SOS Brigade Kushieda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Even then, lots of people have walked out of Hiroshima and Nagasaki alive.
    Neither of those cities were completely leveled.

Where the bomb did go off, there wasn't a soul alive.

I agree that what PAIN did was not a nuke... but the ENTIRE HIDDEN VILLAGE IS GONE. not just knocked over like a strong wind, but flattened so that there is a f'ing crater! please someone tell me how anyone could live through a force coming from above that is so strong it leaves a mother f'ing crater!

Index by sangaz - All Hail Suzumiya-dono

*thsv sighs

People the thread is about why you read Naruto.

Sangaz - Whilst your posts were intelligent and reasoned I'm pretty sure you dropped Naruto. I could be wrong. Just let it die.

Perverted Pirate - Are you trying to start another flame war?

Kushieda - Valid points but still not for discussion here

At the end of the day these are other peoples opinions. Who are we to say they are wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

I read Naruto because it's fun, I am curious to see what happens next, and I love trying to out guess Kishi.

I actually think that Naruto (the character and protagonist) is a sympathetic character, as is his life's story. It's easy to forget now how we all were guessing and arguing whether Yondaime was Naruto's dad, whether Tobi is Madara, and who the final villain would be.

Kishimoto has done a fairly great job of keeping the interest of millions of people of different ages, both genders, and different backgrounds worldwide.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !