Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Banned

Anime/Manga Review Fan Club!

We'll i've seen a lot of people in the forums asking other members for recommendations on anime/manga. So I thought, why not start a review fan club for all anime/manga.

So here's the deal.

What we do:

1. Read Manga or Watch Anime.
    2. Rate It (ONLY if read/seen full series up to latest chapter)
    3. Give a short commentary (1 to 3 sentences) on our opinion of it NO SPOILERS.
    4. We'll also try to maintain a "Top List" of the highest rated manga/anime by our group.

To Join:

1. Post here requesting to join.
    2. You are allowed to be biased, however if you have any bias you must state so in your commentary.
    3. Be Honest. this also applies if you are giving a biased opinion, other people want to get your honest opinion, not what you think they wanna hear.
    4. There's no limit to the number of manga/anime you can review. However not everyone will get their review posted only the first 5 reviewers for that particular anime/manga.

Rating Scale 0 - 10
    10 - Flawless! lacks nearly nothing. As close to perfect as it can get.
    9 - Excellent! 1 or 2 minor flaws.
    8 - Superb! numerous minor flaws nothing big.
    7 - Remarkable! couple flaws, big and small.
    6 - Notable! number of noticeable flaws but still above average.
    5 - Coin Toss! enough flaws to keep away from, but also good content.
    4 - Acquired Taste! not good by most standards, several flaws.
    3 - Bad! riddled with flaws, not worth the time.
    2 - Horrible! is there anything good here? maybe 1 or 2 good things.
    1 - Garbage! we shall not speak of it ever again.
    0 - Lower Than Trash! not even worth recycling

I'd like to join. The mangas I've made threads about(links in my sig) can be considered reviews. I love reviewing different manga and anime, and I love getting new people into them, so I'd like to join this FC.

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jink View Post
    I'd like to join. The mangas I've made threads about(links in my sig) can be considered reviews. I love reviewing different manga and anime, and I love getting new people into them, so I'd like to join this FC.
    welcome! from now on you will be my 2nd in command....in charge of...mmm lets see...lol jk

well to hand in reviews PM them to me and i'll edit my post with your review along with any others received. I also decided to incorporate a short list of free download links to make it easier for those wishing to check out manga/anime that isnt already available here on manga share, so if you have a good link to where that specific series can be found forward it along with your review.

remember keep the review 1 sentence long minimum and 3 sentence long maximum. (lol dont do a whole essay worth 3 sentences). I'd like to keep it short and sweet since i'm sure more people will join this type of club later.

any how welcome aboard.

Oh P.S. plz also include wether the series ur reviewing is shonen/seinen or whatever it may be so that it gets posted in the right forum.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    I'm going to hop on to this fanclub as well, I do a lot of watching and reading and if I can help spread around good manga's then reviewing it will be worth it.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

count me in. i'd love to diss up all the crappy anime/manga out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by CiTo_Uchiha View Post
    Kishi says:

Uchiha = God

Uzumaki = Shit
    Spoiler!

so far yall are already an all star squad so i would also like 2 join
    Last edited by gdupninja; 08-18-2007 at 08:19 PM.

Made by Gray-Foxx and iThepirate
    Come help us grow! http://mangaseed.com/index.php

B] I join because this is a cool fanclub.

More at
    My Deviantart

Banned
    To everyone else who wanted to join in.

well to hand in reviews PM them to me and i'll edit my post with your review along with any others received. I also decided to incorporate a short list of free download links to make it easier for those wishing to check out manga/anime that isnt already available here on manga share, so if you have a good link to where that specific series can be found forward it along with your review.

remember keep the review 1 sentence long minimum and 3 sentence long maximum. (lol dont do a whole essay worth 3 sentences). I'd like to keep it short and sweet since i'm sure more people will join this type of club later.

any how welcome aboard.

plz also include wether the series ur reviewing is shonen/seinen or whatever it may be so that it gets posted in the right forum.

This looks interesting, I'd like to join. But first to clear things up..this basically rates anime right? Why can't we just post our reviews instead of PMing them to you?

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    This looks interesting, I'd like to join. But first to clear things up..this basically rates anime right? Why can't we just post our reviews instead of PMing them to you?
    It's not just anime its anime AND manga.

since anime and manga can differ, i'd like to keep it separate.
    And it's required to PM the reviews to me for a number of reasons.

REASONS WHY POSTING REVIEWS IS SIMPLY A BAD IDEA
    1. There would be no point to having a "club" if anyone could just post their review of the anime/manga.

2. If reviews are posted by someone, and then a conversation starts in the thread, and later on someone else posts a review, more convo, and then another review on page 3 or 4. For those who are interested in checking out other pplz opinion of the series, will have to go through a hassle to get to read all the reviews. So it's BEST to have 'em all on the first post. Since I cant moderate to keep the thread clean of convo and "review member posting" only, this is the best way.

3. If everyone starts posting essay long reviews lmao like im sure some of us would like to (including myself) Then it gives less chance for other's opinions to be heard/read. Like eating a foot long Subway sandwich all by yourself, that first bite tastes sweet, but the more u eat the harder it becomes to stomach all of it. Imagine every essay long review being a foot long sandwich. It's likely that only the very first person's review will be read because it's just too long discourages the reader from the others.

Besides we just wanna give a rating and a thumbs up or down to the manga with a minor comment I always believe that it's best to form ur own opinion on things instead of purely goin by what someone else says.

4. It would still be a good idea to post a 'full review' in the same thread to further discuss your opinions and why you gave it the rating you gave it. What I really want from the first post is the "highlights"

The only other way to do all this while allowing everyone to just post their review on the thread whenever is if I myself read their reviews and pick out a highlight sentence or 2 and add their review score to the first post. But then this would be much more work for me, and i rather we all share in it equally.