View Poll Results: Was it just coincidence Madara attacked around Naruto's Birth?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, just coincidence

17 51.52%
  • No, the attack was triggered by his birth.

16 48.48%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Coincidence?

I think Minato absorbed the 9-tails' power, and has been living using a transformation jutsu, disguised as his supposed 'son'. Jiraiya's deathbed memories of a pregnant Kushina were purely electric impulses in his dying brain, combined with the chakra-scrambling effects of the six-paths-of-LSD-swords imbedded in his spine, and hold no truth. Kushina never existed, which is why she has not been seen in the story.

Similarly, Lee is the bastard son of Gai and his kage-bunshin, born from a test tube. And he knows this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    I think Minato absorbed the 9-tails' power, and has been living using a transformation jutsu, disguised as his supposed 'son'. Jiraiya's deathbed memories of a pregnant Kushina were purely electric impulses in his dying brain, combined with the chakra-scrambling effects of the six-paths-of-LSD-swords imbedded in his spine, and hold no truth. Kushina never existed, which is why she has not been seen in the story.

Similarly, Lee is the bastard son of Gai and his kage-bunshin, born from a test tube. And he knows this.
    And we all live happily ever after in a Yellow Submarine. The End.

(Couldn't resist)

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    And we all live happily ever after in a Yellow Submarine. The End.

(Couldn't resist)
    yellow submarine yellow submarine =o

Spoiler!

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spiro View Post
    The only reason Madara would have wanted Naruto dead is if he knew about the prophecy(coincidence); but he doesn't have a contract with the toads so...???

He may have needed the kyuubi to distract the villagers and the hokage...and this all goes back to the retired discussion...

WHY WAS MINATO LATE TO FIGHT THE KYUUBI???
    Quote Originally Posted by ydoc View Post
    i dont think madara had any intention of killing naruto i simply said it was an opportune time to attack the HOKAGE which was minato.

Since madara's intention was to destroy Konoha the logical course of action would be to kill the hokage first. So when you are fighting a hokage you want every advantage possible, like when ori killed the hokage he had a barrier setup summoned the previous hokages organized an attack from the sand village he was not taking any chances he wanted to be sure he would
    win and he still lost.
    The hokage, and the village itself were important targets on Madara's list, but I think what he wanted to eliminate the most, was the hope for the next generation. If Konoha salvaged any potential threat, like Naruto, that can render his own goals of destroying the will of fire. which is what i think he wants to destroy. Since it represents everything that he fought against. And knowing Minato, he acted to eliminate the "destined child". And that destiny is what imo, he was trying to eliminate. And summoning the 9 tails at that point in time would've shattered any destiny Konoha had if it werent for Minato. Hence why I think Madara targeted not just Konoha, but Naruto specifically due to the time, and placement of the attack.

Mizukage and Hokage. Water vs Fire. Minato and Naruto. Madara and Sasuke.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve3child View Post
    The hokage, and the village itself were important targets on Madara's list, but I think what he wanted to eliminate the most, was the hope for the next generation. If Konoha salvaged any potential threat, like Naruto, that can render his own goals of destroying the will of fire. which is what i think he wants to destroy. Since it represents everything that he fought against. And knowing Minato, he acted to eliminate the "destined child". And that destiny is what imo, he was trying to eliminate. And summoning the 9 tails at that point in time would've shattered any destiny Konoha had if it werent for Minato. Hence why I think Madara targeted not just Konoha, but Naruto specifically due to the time, and placement of the attack.

Mizukage and Hokage. Water vs Fire. Minato and Naruto. Madara and Sasuke.
    I have to disagree theres no evidence that madara would have been targetting naruto, first off he is a baby that has acheived nothing in his short insignificant life, second he probably did not even have a name at that particular point in time being a newborn. I can not buy from any plot perspective that naruto was madara's target. If you were to say madara planned to kill off all the uchiha at that point and this was his attempt i would be a little more interested, because i doubt that madara's gaze was looking at a newborn baby with anything else but minato's weakness in his eyes.
    Last edited by ydoc; 02-06-2009 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ydoc View Post
    I have to disagree theres no evidence that madara would have been targetting naruto, first off he is a bady that has acheived nothing in his short insignificant life, second he probably did not even have a name at that particular point in time being a newborn. I can not buy from any plot perspective that naruto was madara's target. If you were to say madara planned to kill off all the uchiha at that point and this was his attempt i would be a little more interested, because i doubt that madara's gaze was looking at a newborn baby with anything else but minato's weakness in his eyes.
    Im aware there is no evidence. IM making an interpretation based on the events that were't fully explained yet. Im not saying that Naruto was the only target. Just saying that he wanted to eliminate the Hokage, and his son especially, since the theme of the story is the next generation getting stronger and adhering more to the Will of Fire. I can accept that you disagree, I just want everyone to get my point. The Will of Fire is an idea, that represents Konoha. He could destroy Konoha a thousand times over, but if the Idea is still enforced, then his efforts are in vain. Imo, he just doesnt want to kill people, but the ideas and the principles that are connected to them, which can be passed down to the next generation.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

@ Steve3child

I agree. Madara was hellbent on getting revenge against Konoha because all they have done to him and the Uchiha.

But I don't think he was targeting Naruto specifically, rather he was after what Konoha believed in: The Will of Fire (like you mentioned).

Definitely an interesting idea, though. Could be mere coincidence, but it could also be more.

Quote Originally Posted by redstrife View Post
    @ Steve3child

I agree. Madara was hellbent on getting revenge against Konoha because all they have done to him and the Uchiha.

But I don't think he was targeting Naruto specifically, rather he was after what Konoha believed in: The Will of Fire (like you mentioned).

Definitely an interesting idea, though. Could be mere coincidence, but it could also be more.
    Madara: Are you tellin me this dude has a child?!?! Oh hell nah this is it! I cant let him inherit Minato's will! I'll kill em! all of them! *whistle* Kyuubi, lets go!
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Am I the only one thinking this would have been better off as a poll?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Quote Originally Posted by thsv View Post
    Am I the only one thinking this would have been better off as a poll?
    Fine >.>
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT