View Poll Results: Was it just coincidence Madara attacked around Naruto's Birth?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, just coincidence

17 51.52%
  • No, the attack was triggered by his birth.

16 48.48%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    It wasn't like Minato was expecting the Kyuubi to attack on the day Naruto was born either. So the coincidence can go both ways for Madara and Minato.

Come to think of it what if he knew about the attack. Reason being if Jirayai & Minatohad a contract with the toads and the Great toad made a prediction about J-man, who's to say she didn't make one about Minato's life either.
    "RESPECT"

since you guys are looking for a plauseable answer i will give you one. Lets say madara did infact summon the 9 tails.

And lets also assume minato was the strongest person in konoha at the time the person madara would have the most to fear from. Attacking at the time of his sons birth would be a big advantage on his part.

However i do not believe personally anything special about it. Its just the beginning of a story to me, you never question the beginning of a story because everything that happens after that beginning is based upon it.

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ydoc View Post
    since you guys are looking for a plauseable answer i will give you one. Lets say madara did infact summon the 9 tails.

And lets also assume minato was the strongest person in konoha at the time the person madara would have the most to fear from. Attacking at the time of his sons birth would be a big advantage on his part.

However i do not believe personally anything special about it. Its just the beginning of a story to me, you never question the beginning of a story because everything that happens after that beginning is based upon it.
    I also consider, that Madara knew of Minato's ambitions, for his son. I simply think that the Kyuubi is beside another purpose, that Naruto was destined for. And due to Minatos counter actions to Madara, his plan was set in motion, and Naruto is predestined to be involved in an unresolved conflict of the past. "That justu" imo is more symbolic than practical (although its practical too). I would like it if it wil be used as a plot device, to end the conflict that was set forth, by Madara, destroying the past in the process (getting rid of the demons) and saving Madara's "destined child" Sasuke.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

The only reason Madara would have wanted Naruto dead is if he knew about the prophecy(coincidence); but he doesn't have a contract with the toads so...???

He may have needed the kyuubi to distract the villagers and the hokage...and this all goes back to the retired discussion...

WHY WAS MINATO LATE TO FIGHT THE KYUUBI???

The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams.
    "Reality is wrong, dreams are for real"

You guys are thinking too in-the-box, how about when Naruto fights Madara, they end-up fighting across space and time. Madara breaks from Naruto and summmons the 9-tails to kill Naruto, but the 4th steps in and the Naruto that got sent back in time is still looking for Madara to this day!?

if madara summoning kyubbi theory doesnt work, lets look at the uchiha clans summoning kyubbi. they summoned it but realized that they need a magenkyou to control it, so they were trying again with itachi.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    if madara summoning kyubbi theory doesnt work, lets look at the uchiha clans summoning kyubbi. they summoned it but realized that they need a magenkyou to control it, so they were trying again with itachi.
    Itachi didn't have MS yet, he didn't get it till he killed his friend and that was when sasuke was like 7 or something.

yeah i know. the first time when kyuubi was summoned, saskue was a baby too. but that could have been an attempt to summon kyuubi by the uchihas. then they realized they need someone with the magenkyou to control it.

so they made shisisui, itachis best friend try to kill him. itachi won and he was supposed to sneak into naruto's room at night and release the kybbi. but he killed all the uchihas instead.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    yeah i know. the first time when kyuubi was summoned, saskue was a baby too. but that could have been an attempt to summon kyuubi by the uchihas. then they realized they need someone with the magenkyou to control it.

so they made shisisui, itachis best friend try to kill him. itachi won and he was supposed to sneak into naruto's room at night and release the kybbi. but he killed all the uchihas instead.
    ROFL, I give you props for that one.

i dont think madara had any intention of killing naruto i simply said it was an opportune time to attack the HOKAGE which was minato.

Since madara's intention was to destroy Konoha the logical course of action would be to kill the hokage first. So when you are fighting a hokage you want every advantage possible, like when ori killed the hokage he had a barrier setup summoned the previous hokages organized an attack from the sand village he was not taking any chances he wanted to be sure he would win and he still lost.
    Last edited by ydoc; 02-06-2009 at 05:34 PM.