View Poll Results: Was it just coincidence Madara attacked around Naruto's Birth?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, just coincidence

17 51.52%
  • No, the attack was triggered by his birth.

16 48.48%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Coincidence?

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar

Coincidence?

Does anyone find it a bit strange, that the Kyuubi attacked, around the time Naruto was born?

Under the assumtion and belief in Jaraiya's word that Madara did infact summon the Kyuubi, was that summon, intended really to kill Naruto? This coincidence seems really hard to digest, given that Minato had an entire plan set up for Naruto, and his future.

That would mean Naruto's role as jinchuriki goes beyond just his containment for the Kyuubi, and "that jutsu". Is that jutsu, a way for Naruto to protect himself against Madara, Minato likely saw this and sacrificed his life to protect Naruto in the future.

I believe, Naruto has a hidden importance to the world, that goes beyond his own disposition. If it was true that Madara was not attacking Konoha, but Naruto specifically, what potential was seen in that child, that Madara had to summon a beast, to attempt to kill him?

Discuss your thoughts and understand the context of which this thread is under.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

Madara wouldnt need to summon the 9 tailed beast to kill an unborn baby thats called OVERKILL.

Zetsu: Its just a baby
    Madara: Yea but his powerlevel is OVER 9000!!!!
    Zetsu: O.o 9000!!!!!!
    Madara: Hes to dangerous to let live lets summon the beast!

Naruto was a no one cept for the fact he was the 4th's son. Why the Kyuubi attacked is still a mystery but we assume its cause Madara wanted the Leaf to be crushed so a war would start.

If anything Minato figured out that someone dangerous enough to control the 9 tailed beast was around so he decided to safegaurd such a powerfull thing in his own son.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

i could have sworn it was stated that madara wanted to take his revenge on konoha back when he re-summoned the kyuubi during minatos time. its highly unlikely that madara would summon the kyuubi just to kill a baby that had no importance at that time. the only reason naruto became the jinnchuriki was because his father figured that his own son would be better suited then some other shinobi.

If Jiraiya can get information about Akatsuki (and to that of Madara's "summoning") then the 4th can probably have done the same.

Thinking that Madara was a threat and would have made a move (say, he -Minato- was one of the few people who had an idea that Madara can summon the Kyuubi) against Konoha, the fourth had planned ahead of what to do. In which case, he developed the Shiki Fuujin in preparation for such.

Think : Naruto is about to be born in say, 5 months... or 4 perhaps. Then around this time, Minato had the information about Madara. He then thinks of a way to counter the Kyuubi. He develops the Shiki Fuujin (thinking that he would seal the Kyuubi with him and die with it), but then when Madara's threat became more imminent (at the same time that Naruto will be born in a few months / weeks / days... the fourth thought of another plan. "If I can do something about the separation of Yin and Yang chakras, then I might as well seal the Yang to my son if he gets born in time, if not, I'll die with all of the Kyuubi anyway. If this separation plan succeeds, it may save Konoha in the future."

If I was a bit too much or disorganized, I'll repost when I get some sleep (haven't slept in 20 hours... and counting).

Whether it was a coincidence or not doesn't really change anything. Cuz the Kyuubi still attacked Konoha either way. Anyway, I really couldn't see Madara summoning the Kyuubi to only attack baby Naruto. He could have done that on his own if that was really his goal.

At the time of the Kyuubi's second attack, Madara still had a grudge on the whole of Konoha so I just can't see the whole situation being focused on just the unborn Naruto. Also, I would find it hard to believe that Madara would have known exactly when Naruto was going to be born.

And why would he plan his attack for right when Naruto was born? Why not attack long before that happens? So for me, summoned or not, the Kyuubi attack still feels like a coincidence to me, as it applies to the birth of Naruto, that is. Not so much if Madara did in fact summon the Kyuubi to attack the whole of Konoha. Anyways, like everything involving the Kyuubi attack right now, it all comes down to what Minato knew.

Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    Anyways, like everything involving the Kyuubi attack right now, it all comes down to what Minato knew.
    This is what my main point is.

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    Madara wouldnt need to summon the 9 tailed beast to kill an unborn baby thats called OVERKILL.

Zetsu: Its just a baby
    Madara: Yea but his powerlevel is OVER 9000!!!!
    Zetsu: O.o 9000!!!!!!
    Madara: Hes to dangerous to let live lets summon the beast!

Naruto was a no one cept for the fact he was the 4th's son. Why the Kyuubi attacked is still a mystery but we assume its cause Madara wanted the Leaf to be crushed so a war would start.

If anything Minato figured out that someone dangerous enough to control the 9 tailed beast was around so he decided to safegaurd such a powerfull thing in his own son.
    Quote Originally Posted by xzero20 View Post
    i could have sworn it was stated that madara wanted to take his revenge on konoha back when he re-summoned the kyuubi during minatos time. its highly unlikely that madara would summon the kyuubi just to kill a baby that had no importance at that time. the only reason naruto became the jinnchuriki was because his father figured that his own son would be better suited then some other shinobi.
    Whether it was a coincidence or not doesn't really change anything. Cuz the Kyuubi still attacked Konoha either way. Anyway, I really couldn't see Madara summoning the Kyuubi to only attack baby Naruto. He could have done that on his own if that was really his goal.

At the time of the Kyuubi's second attack, Madara still had a grudge on the whole of Konoha so I just can't see the whole situation being focused on just the unborn Naruto. Also, I would find it hard to believe that Madara would have known exactly when Naruto was going to be born.

And why would he plan his attack for right when Naruto was born? Why not attack long before that happens? So for me, summoned or not, the Kyuubi attack still feels like a coincidence to me, as it applies to the birth of Naruto, that is. Not so much if Madara did in fact summon the Kyuubi to attack the whole of Konoha. Anyways, like everything involving the Kyuubi attack right now, it all comes down to what Minato knew.

Despite Naruto's immediate state of irrelevance, there is a possibility that Naruto has more importance than what the story is stating. It just seems too coincidental, that when the beast attacked, Minato conveniently had a newborn baby to seal the demon in. Other wise it would seem as if Minato planned Naruto's birth which seems absurd. Also, with the prophecy given to Naruto, may be connected to some foresight that Madara has seen in Naruto.

The reason why it would take a beast to kill Naruto is because of 1 man. Minato. Madara may have seen Minato as a threat to him, and he and Minato may have had some sort of history. That said it could be possible that Madara tried to prevent "something" that would get in the way of Madara's goals. Enter Naruto. Naruto, in this context, is stick between the struggles of the past, namely his father and Madara.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

It wasn't like Minato was expecting the Kyuubi to attack on the day Naruto was born either. So the coincidence can go both ways for Madara and Minato.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve3child View Post
    Despite Naruto's immediate state of irrelevance, there is a possibility that Naruto has more importance than what the story is stating. It just seems too coincidental, that when the beast attacked, Minato conveniently had a newborn baby to seal the demon in. Other wise it would seem as if Minato planned Naruto's birth which seems absurd. Also, with the prophecy given to Naruto, may be connected to some foresight that Madara has seen in Naruto.

The reason why it would take a beast to kill Naruto is because of 1 man. Minato. Madara may have seen Minato as a threat to him, and he and Minato may have had some sort of history. That said it could be possible that Madara tried to prevent "something" that would get in the way of Madara's goals. Enter Naruto. Naruto, in this context, is stick between the struggles of the past, namely his father and Madara.
    There is a simple answer to this.... it was in the script.

Naruto is the main character him being the choosen one to have the 9 tails sealed in is just as coencidental as in Dragonball Z Goku escaping Planet Vegita just before Freezia blew it up and being one of only 4 survivers.

Call it fate or luck or just a convienant plot device.... "so it was written so it shall be done!"

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    There is a simple answer to this.... it was in the script.

Naruto is the main character him being the choosen one to have the 9 tails sealed in is just as coencidental as in Dragonball Z Goku escaping Planet Vegita just before Freezia blew it up and being one of only 4 survivers.

Call it fate or luck or just a convienant plot device.... "so it was written so it shall be done!"
    Well im not trying to prove it true. Im trying to have a discussion under the context that it was an intentional attack, and not some conveniently placed coincidence.

It wasn't like Minato was expecting the Kyuubi to attack on the day Naruto was born either. So the coincidence can go both ways for Madara and Minato.
    Minato possibly couldve been expecting it at some point. Which is why I think he planned Naruto's life, and entrusted Naruto to his teacher. The whole "destined child" business is really my inspiration for this thread. His importance to the story, to the characters like Madara, in the context of this thread makes him more important than meets the eye. thus, I think Madara would want to eliminate the opposition, preventing him from his goals. And based on the assunption that Minato and Madara had history, would lead to a settelment that would be determined in the next generation. Naruto and Sasuke.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT