Koukaku Kidoutai 2.0 [Ghost in the Shell 2.0]

Plot Summary

Ghost in the Shell 2.0 is a renewal version of the 1995 film produced as part of celebration for the release of The Sky Crawlers in 2008. For the Version 2.0, all the animation were re-produced with latest technologies such as 3D-CGI, and the soundtrack was also renewed.

All the voices were re-recorded again. Notably, the voice actor of "Puppet Master" was changed from Iemasa Kayumi to Yoshiko Sakakibara. Some dialogs were changed from the original.

Kenji Kawai remixed music with 6.1 Channel Surround and Randy Thom of Skywalker Sound joined as Sound Designer to improve the sound.

In the year 2029, the barriers of our world have been broken down by the net and by cybernetics, but this brings new vulnerability to humans in the form of brain-hacking. When a highly-wanted hacker known as 'The Puppetmaster' begins involving them in politics, Section 9, a group of cybernetically enhanced cops, are called in to investigate and stop the Puppetmaster. The pursuit will call into question what makes a human and what is the Puppetmaster in a world where the distinction between human and machine is increasingly blurry.
    grab it in 720p and 1080p HERE
    Last edited by mgsplayer; 02-10-2009 at 06:02 PM.
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]

Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood

Quote Originally Posted by mgsplayer View Post
    Wow,no one here besides thsv likes Shirow Masamune's work...!
    for the 1995 movie

LOL.

Seems I've been found out. I've got all three films and both seasons of Stand Alone Complex on DVD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Quote Originally Posted by mgsplayer View Post
    Wow,no one here besides thsv likes Shirow Masamune's work...!
    Wut? :|

I'm a big GITS fan and a huge fan boy for the Major <3

But! I wasn't keen on the Movies, Stand Alone Complex was Brilliant, the movies seemed a little dull after watching SAC season 1 and 2, Still great sci-fi but just nothing close to the series.

I've been keeping my distance from 2.0 after hearing it was a CG movie, Although I did discuss it for short time with thsv on IRC a few months back as I recall.

I am a huge fan myself but I just don't like it when people mess with the classics. The original Ghost in the Shell movie was fine as-is so don't want to think of what they did with it.

That being said GitS in glorious HD is awesome.

Also I saw the freaking SAC movies in theaters how many of you can say you done that? Was a bitch to find one with a screening there must have been 3 places in all of southern California and we have more theaters per capita than anywhere else in the states.

| MangaTraders - Lackey | HentaiTraders - Staff | AnimeInfo.org - Admin |
    Scanlation: Typesetter, Editor, Scanner, Cleaner, & Connoisseur
    Warning: Due to the nature of Ariolander all posts now come with a disclaimer.

For some reason I lost interest after the 1st episode of S.A.C. :/

that makes 4 of us....still a poor number if you take the awesomeness of gits in account
    i grabbed the 2.0 in fullHD ,it was a great experience
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]

Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood

Quote Originally Posted by Ariolander View Post
    I am a huge fan myself but I just don't like it when people mess with the classics. The original Ghost in the Shell movie was fine as-is so don't want to think of what they did with it.

That being said GitS in glorious HD is awesome.

Also I saw the freaking SAC movies in theaters how many of you can say you done that? Was a bitch to find one with a screening there must have been 3 places in all of southern California and we have more theaters per capita than anywhere else in the states.
    Considering that we only just got the first Naruto movie over here last year, what do you think the chances of us getting GitS movies in a cinema are?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Veteran Member
    I am just going to go along and say it. I disliked the new version. The combination of CGI and classic animation just didn't work for me. I still watched it, though, since I am a fan of the original movie

I am in the midst of downloading it right now - should be done in a couple hrs. I saw clips of comparisons between 1 and 2.0 on youtube and my initial impression was "WTF, why the hell would they do that?!"

GITS is my favorite movie of all time and that is including non-animated movies as well.
    Why they would throw in shitty CGI and taint such a classic is beyond my recognition. I will try to watch it with no bias or expectations and then form a solid opinion on it.