Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ichigo2Join_Akatsuki tensa zangetsu's Avatar

how did bleach get here

wo hold your horeses mods and administartors no need to move this thread to the bleach section-just keep reading

what with the current crisis we have in bleach where the anime is literally in the same arc as the manga-and with the gap so close i was just wondering this must of happened because the bleach manga was so popular- i was never there from the start (only a few manga fanboys have that priviledge) but im guessing the manga was so popular there was huge demand for an anime and a anime followed in close pursuit-hence why theres such a close gap now

but does that not mean that when naruto started of as a manga there wasnt that much demand for an anime-not that much popularity? this must be otherwise why else is there such a HUGE gap between the naruto anime and the naruto manga

though that horrendous filler arc after naruto v sasuke epic battle could answer this question i am merely guessing-so i guess im asking any true naruto fans what happened in the beginning of naruto manga-and how did bleach get here?
    http://cheeseboy18193.deviantart.com/art/Hollow-Ichigo-Tiem-118848371
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he never existed

Give a man a fish you feed him for a day
    Teach a man to fish you feed him for life

u answered your own question. that 80 episode fillers in the anime lasted a year and a half. Naruto manga came out in 99, anime was developed in 02. Bleace manga came out in 02, anime came out in 04. not much difference. It's just those damn fillers, would've been better if they took a year off and worked on making shippuden fights even more awesome.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by •Rokudaime Sennin• ™ View Post
    u answered your own question. that 80 episode fillers in the anime lasted a year and a half. Naruto manga came out in 99, anime was developed in 02. Bleace manga came out in 02, anime came out in 04. not much difference. It's just those damn fillers, would've been better if they took a year off and worked on making shippuden fights even more awesome.

*in high executive tone*

And miss the money we made out of hungry, desperate fans, who would buy anything with the name Naruto on?

Never!

I can't comment on Bleach because I haven't watched the anime (got to episode 3 then discovered Ghost in the Shell) but this is what happened with Naruto.

Manga upto the timeskip: 238 chapters
    Anime upto the Filler (where the timeskip should have come in): 135 episodes

Just a simple case of being able to cram in more in 23 minutes than 17-18 pages. The anime did in 2 and a half years what it took the manga nearly 5 years to do. Hence now why in order not to close the gap Naruto now ends up with 20 episode fillers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

One of the main reasons Bleach anime is catching up so close to the Manga is because Bleach lacks alot of substance in thier manga compared to the average chapter of Naruto.

-Bleach manga is alot of action sequences squeezed together which when tanslated into anime form shrinks down the content some.

Bleach anime fillers have no connection to the main story and add nothing to the plot of the main story

- Naruto manga has more tactical fights and character/story development inbetween so more room added material that wasnt in the manga

Naruto fillers actually fit into the story and sometimes add more background info on characters and overall story.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

I call bull on it, its just the Animation Team of Both Naruto and Bleach don't know how to manage the Manga correctly, not too mention that both Kishi and Kubo both have a less story in the manga...

Bleach for example After the Rescue Rukia arc to the Hueco Mundo arc more of the chapters are more fight scene then story arcs, which mean four or five chapters of fighting can be 1 or 2 episodes of anime....

Naruto has a bit more story wise the Bleach but still falls into the same trap, Kishi tend to make the fight scenes in Naruto too long for example the Jiraya Vs Pein fight was aleast 5 to 8 Chapters too long...

Sure the fight are cool in anime but its also their downfall because it makes them catch up to the story to fast forcing them to run fillers...

Now Bleach Started running in WSJ on August 2001 and the anime first aired on October 5, 2004 now the manga maybe alittle inaccurate but oh well.... Now the first filler batch of Bleach aired on January 17, 2006 Episode 64 , with the start of the Bount arc... Now in 64 episodes they covered 180 to 185 Chapters of the Manga... Now that close to more than half of the manga already....

Naruto Started running on November 1999 in WSJ, and the anime aired first on October 3, 2002... Now the Fillers began on episode 136 on May 25, 2005... 135 episodes of Naruto equals to 235 Chapters to 240.

Now do you see the difference to Bleach ratio of Manga Chapters compared to Naruto, Both anime roughly started atleast 2 to 3 years after their manga counterpart but while Naruto has more of a story to it it can go long in the anime before the fillers start come.... Note I did not count fillers that are one or two episodes between certain episodes....

Now to bring up another manga to compare to anime with, let talk about One Piece which anime hasn't had any major filler arc compared to Naruto or Bleach... One Piece started running in WSJ on August 4, 1997 and the anime aired on October 20, 1999... Now doing the math One Piece was roughly out for 1 and half years to 2 years before they aired the Anime.... See what Oda does different than Kishi or Kubo is that he tend to focus more on the story and keeping the fights to a good length of atleast 1 to 5 chapters or in some cases mixes fight scenes with story... Also what the Animation team of One Piece tends to do is insert little filler arcs after some Major arc giving sometime each character their own episode devoted to them... Which in the end help the Anime keep a good distances from the manga...

That is all....

Ichigo2Join_Akatsuki tensa zangetsu's Avatar
    wow thanks for that answer mr.death u answered it with alot of sense - i think what bleach need to do now is bring another filler arc like the bounto arc - which i think evryone agrees was a very good arc -
    http://cheeseboy18193.deviantart.com/art/Hollow-Ichigo-Tiem-118848371
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he never existed

Give a man a fish you feed him for a day
    Teach a man to fish you feed him for life

i really enjoy watching the filler episodes, i mean sure they are not manga and technically also not real things that happen in the series but i like the development of the sub characters the usually get no light in the main story plot. on top of that we cant have the anime surpassing the manga because the anime would start making up its own story and would be completely retarded. Fillers are the reason naruto is so far behind i would agree and they are needed to seperate the two from each other.

The answer is simple, as stated above, with Naruto there have been too many filler eps. But more importantly and ANNOYINGLY, there seems to be less relevant content per ep in the shippudden series than with the original. As someone said earlier, 1 ep from the original anime series could have nearly 2 chapters worth of manga stuff. Now, each ep barley, if ever, fits half of a manga chapter into it. Of the 25min run time, about 5 min goes to the start and end song, then add all the pointless flashbacks and finish off with extra scenes and lines added by the creators of the anime, and the result is only 5mins of quality anime. I don't know who the creates the shippuden anime but I do know that they are pushing the boundaries and patience of their viewers. As for bleach, in the past few eps it would seem that it's directors are adopting the same tactics as the shippuden *****s, but to a lesser extent. I don't know what the statistics are like for the show, but I do know that the number of people who I know who can be bothered keeping up with shippuden anime has dropped to less than a third, and now the dim wits want to charge us to watch it online...... If the majority of buisness managers utilise the same method for marketing, then I can see why there's a global economical crises.

Quote Originally Posted by tensa zangetsu View Post
    wow thanks for that answer mr.death u answered it with alot of sense - i think what bleach need to do now is bring another filler arc like the bounto arc - which i think evryone agrees was a very good arc -
    No it sucked.