Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    hey just finished watching the last episode of the anime, but one thing get puzzling me. By the end of the anime, they get it through ur head that certain alchemists (Ed, teacher, hohenheim) could transmute without a circle because they had seen the black gate.

But how was the older fake Elric brother (one of the sons of Tringham) able to do it then, cos i doubt he performed any human transmutation.

Banned
    dude the anime made it's own story half way through lol just go and read the manga which makes more sense and had a more solid story, the way it was suposed to be

To all those bashing the anime compared to the manga..

You have to understand the anime finished and the manga is still going, they had to take it on another path. At least they gave it an actual conclusion unlike some anime that catches up with manga that just end, no ending, just stopped. Inuyasha, Kare Kano, and Fruits Basket all fall into that category. So just be grateful for a ending. Jeez.
    ------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by delusional View Post
    hey just finished watching the last episode of the anime, but one thing get puzzling me. By the end of the anime, they get it through ur head that certain alchemists (Ed, teacher, hohenheim) could transmute without a circle because they had seen the black gate.

But how was the older fake Elric brother (one of the sons of Tringham) able to do it then, cos i doubt he performed any human transmutation.
    Russell was using the power of the Red stone, that's why. He's not much of alchemist as much as Fletcher is anyway, because at one point, Russell comments that his father didn't like the boys practicing alchemy.
    Last edited by Annachu; 08-19-2007 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "If you know why you love somebody, it isn't true love at all.." - Eagle

am Start
    i want to start reading fma!
    do you know where i could find the first volumes? :x i was searching for some time now and the only thing i found was the irc thing with #lurk :/
    Wenn ich nicht hier bin, bin ich aufm Sonnendeck...

am Start
    thx ^_^
    Wenn ich nicht hier bin, bin ich aufm Sonnendeck...

Weirdest Fangirl Ever streetbum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeTheGold View Post
    The anime follows a completely different plot that diverges from the manga about mid-way. It was completely necessary as the manga is released monthly and thereby can not possibility keep up with the anime. You CAN consider that everything afterward is considered filler. However overall, FMA is a fantastic anime series, no inferior than its manga counterpart. It's well worth your time.
    I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to disagree with you on the "no inferior than its manga counterpart" part since the second half of the anime is ridden with plot holes.

The whole Envy Ed Hoeinheim relationship made no sence, Anime!Wrath made no sence, as well as Anime!Sloth. The anime just doesn't compare to the manga.

pshhh FMA anime was amazing simple as that

yep gotta agree with that not as some others but it was still good

the anime did have its good points. animation was certainly good. i agree that a lot of plot points were simply left hanging and unresolved.

and... this is sort of random, considering the talk about the anime, but did anyone else find the MANGA version of pride's identity shocking at all? or surprised at the manner by which this fact was conveyed riza --> roy? (the riza/roy thing is in the newest chapter btw)