chapter 115 p.10 route.1

Spoiler!

chapter 99 page 14

Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum View Post
    chapter 115 p.10 route.1

Oh? You liked that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Olmi_McFly View Post
    chapter 99 page 14

Good one. Perhaps Oda had the entire Luffy V.S. Enel thing set up in his mind way back then. Scary thought.

zoro 1st defeat.. when he surrendered to mihawk

I think that this thread is the best possible explanation of why OP is definitely one of the best ever manga/anime series. It's an epic story that is a perfect blend of action, comedy, drama, with tons of characters to fall in love with. All of the pics that you guys put up sent shivers down my spine because of the impact each one had on the overall story. When Bellamy/Benami got rocked in the grill with a single punch, I had to read that chapter (and watch that scene) over and over again, just to understand the full scope of Luffy's power and conviction. The 4-way battle in the Skypeia ruins was a first, because nobody really had a partnership with anybody, and they were all bad-ass guys ready to flex their muscles. The entire Mugiwara Crew standing opposite CP9 in full defiance of the World Government just to save a friend. These were the tear-inducing moments that you don't expect from a slapstick comedy-action series like OP, and it's that extra dimension that puts it apart from others.

Since I'm at work, my dl options are very limited, but the one I would put up there is right after...

SPOILERS!!

Luffy's fight with Usopp. When Luffy's walking back to the ship, and he's crying with his straw hat pulled over his eyes, and Zoro's basically telling him that he's got the most difficult job as a captain, while all the other crew members (save for Zoro and Sanji) are crying because of the fight they just witnessed between nakama. That moment never fails to hit the heart. You don't see writing like that in many series. Oda is a genius in the most purest form...
    Simplicity is of its own grandeur...

Quote Originally Posted by dream_addict View Post
    zoro 1st defeat.. when he surrendered to mihawk
    Hardly Zoro's first defeat. He lost 2000 times against Kuina. Mihawk made Zoro's record goes up to 2001st. Really, having a record of 2001 defeats isn't exact glorious.

I will upload three images, not sure which one you want:

Quote Originally Posted by StrataRazor View Post
    I think that this thread is the best possible explanation of why OP is definitely one of the best ever manga/anime series. It's an epic story that is a perfect blend of action, comedy, drama, with tons of characters to fall in love with. All of the pics that you guys put up sent shivers down my spine because of the impact each one had on the overall story. When Bellamy/Benami got rocked in the grill with a single punch, I had to read that chapter (and watch that scene) over and over again, just to understand the full scope of Luffy's power and conviction. The 4-way battle in the Skypeia ruins was a first, because nobody really had a partnership with anybody, and they were all bad-ass guys ready to flex their muscles. The entire Mugiwara Crew standing opposite CP9 in full defiance of the World Government just to save a friend. These were the tear-inducing moments that you don't expect from a slapstick comedy-action series like OP, and it's that extra dimension that puts it apart from others.

Since I'm at work, my dl options are very limited, but the one I would put up there is right after...

SPOILERS!!

Luffy's fight with Usopp. When Luffy's walking back to the ship, and he's crying with his straw hat pulled over his eyes, and Zoro's basically telling him that he's got the most difficult job as a captain, while all the other crew members (save for Zoro and Sanji) are crying because of the fight they just witnessed between nakama. That moment never fails to hit the heart. You don't see writing like that in many series. Oda is a genius in the most purest form...
    Totally agree with you. I will upload the images in your place. The anime did a fantastic job on that scene. Here is the manga version of the aftermath:

I uploaded this one simply for the coolness of it.

Right...to business:

Wow, that one brings me back. Chopper ran back to Usopp to drop him off some meds, then Zoro laying the facts straight-out. While Luffy might act aloof all the time and be whimsical in his attitude towards everyday things, he is still the captain. As much as Nami pounds on him, or as Sanji fends off the fridge from his raids, or his actions gets the crew in more hot water than necessary, he is still the captain. There's no mutiny here, because nobody wants to make the difficult choices. While Ace is my favorite character in the series, and Sanji's my favorite crew member, Luffy is a stand-out captain. If I was in the OP universe, you bet your ass that I'd kill to be in his crew. I can be the crew Psychologist, if they have a spot for me. I can do what Jengo does, and do Hypnotherapy to get them over their past crutches...lol
    Simplicity is of its own grandeur...

Who can forget this?

Spoiler!