Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tite Kubo - Bad Writing?

I used to really love Bleach, but not because of cool characters and fights and all that (though that was definitely awesome). I loved Bleach because it wasn't just thrown together - there was a plot without holes and foreshadowing with something coming up in one chapter that wouldn't make sense until thirty chapters later.

Recently, however, my love for Bleach has decreased a lot, because there doesn't seem to be a huge plot that only Kubo knows about, that we can only guess about. Now, Bleach seems thrown together. Maybe he'll surprise me though . . .

Does anyone else feel this way?

Also, something slipped into my head last night that I felt deserves to be brought up. I took huge notice of it when I first read Volume 3 because it wasn't in the manga, and it's popped into my head time and time again since learning of the Arrancar:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

This is Kubo trying to foreshadow the Arrancar, I believe, but the Grand Fisher Arrancar we see here doesn't seem at all like the one we see 150 chapters later. Also, we are the other two there?

I was hoping Kubo would tie this scene into the Arrancar business, but it seems like he hasn't (and won't). Thoughts?
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!

Well one of them was Iceringer, and the other, I don't know, but his teeth remind me of D-roy.

Initiate
    Hmm..that's a fantastic point. Dirty Confession #167: I actually never read the early manga since I got into Bleach as the anime was wrapping up Soul Society. So I just read the manga after that. But...you're right. Even in the anime, in episode 08, you can see Hollows with definite human-like appearance.

Perhaps it's just one of those anomalies. Just as how early on in the series, Ichigo was portrayed as being very spirit-sensitive, and then later on is portrayed as being like Kenpachi: spiritually blind. I think that as enjoyable as Bleach can be, Tite Kubo isn't infallible.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorVictor View Post
    Hmm..that's a fantastic point. Dirty Confession #167: I actually never read the early manga since I got into Bleach as the anime was wrapping up Soul Society. So I just read the manga after that. But...you're right. Even in the anime, in episode 08, you can see Hollows with definite human-like appearance.

Perhaps it's just one of those anomalies. Just as how early on in the series, Ichigo was portrayed as being very spirit-sensitive, and then later on is portrayed as being like Kenpachi: spiritually blind. I think that as enjoyable as Bleach can be, Tite Kubo isn't infallible.
    I watched the anime first, then started buying the American manga so I could read it away from my computer, and then I started downloading the manga once the Bound arc came. So, there's a lot of the manga I haven't read, lol.

And yeah, Kubo isn't perfect or anything. I'm just disappointed that the story seems to be all fights without any concern for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by R4wr View Post
    Well one of them was Iceringer, and the other, I don't know, but his teeth remind me of D-roy.
    I'd completely forgotten about Iceringer, so I looked him up on Wikipedia, and it says on there that it is him and D-roy in that scene. I guessed the issue was resolved, lol.

i never read this which manga chapter is it in

You're just noticing this now? -_-

Initiate
    Quote Originally Posted by fawad=naruto View Post
    i never read this which manga chapter is it in
    Volume 3, Chapter 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendoki View Post
    You're just noticing this now? -_-
    Just noticing what now?

If you mean, am I just noticing that the writing of Bleach has gone down now, then no, I noticed it a while ago. I wasn't as . . . depressed (though that word is too strong) . . . about it as much then as I am now because things at least flowed smoothly for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorVictor View Post
    Volume 3, Chapter 25.
    thanks i started with the ainime and mafter ss i read the manga from the there didnt look back

Initiate

Bleach

Quote Originally Posted by fawad=naruto View Post
    thanks i started with the ainime and mafter ss i read the manga from the there didnt look back
    Yeah, I'm in the exact same boat. Now I feel like I should go back and read Volumes 1- like, 17 or something so that I know exactly what happened. And as for writing, I admit that right now, it's kind of slow. I mean, it has just gotten off a big battle, but I feel like Tite Kubo knows this and won't just give us another one. Story and plot is needed, and we shouldn't give up just yet! Kibo gave us great stories before, and he'll probably continue it. I personally really like this Hueco Mundo arc, but that's because I'm a huge fan of Hollows/Arrancar/Espada--mostly because I've always been a fan of the villains.