Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

BSManga.com Cease & Desist Order - Confirmed FAKE!

[copied from the old bsmanga.com site]

This post is no longer needed. The C&D has been proven to be a forgery. Click here if you want to read the scanned letter for whatever reason.

I had a nice conversation with the Legal Counsel of VIZ Media, and it was confirmed that the letter was indeed fake.

Manga will continue to be released here until the day if/when they choose to send the real one. There will be delays on today's releases as I finish up a few things that require my attention. Thanks for your patience/support.

If you download manga from this website and enjoy it, please consider buying the official volumes when they're released in your area -- They make use of the original artwork, have professional translations, and are printed on higher quality paper for the best possible reading experience.

Yea, this made me laugh quite a bit to find out it was fake. I'm a little suprised that, even after contacting Viz and telling them about the letter and your website, they didn't send you a C+D order. Remember that page that you were putting in your manga, about Narutofan and Tazmo? You can add another website to that list, www.stoptazmo.com. Tons of manga, and they pretty much all despise Tazmo over there. Funny threads can be found about Tazmo conspiracies, too.

kind of a confusing and ad ridden website but its got its heart in the right place

Have to give your respect for your sharp skills Blud, if that where me i would of been like "Oh shit oh shit oh shit i'm gonna get sued!"

Haha, yea, Blud was quite clever.

very nice job Blud. Smart and sharp. It's just like Tazmo to scoop down to this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Yea, this made me laugh quite a bit to find out it was fake. I'm a little suprised that, even after contacting Viz and telling them about the letter and your website, they didn't send you a C+D order. Remember that page that you were putting in your manga, about Narutofan and Tazmo? You can add another website to that list, www.stoptazmo.com. Tons of manga, and they pretty much all despise Tazmo over there. Funny threads can be found about Tazmo conspiracies, too.
    The conversation was 100% positive, I'm probably the only scanlator who had the balls to call them up to date. We ended up having a very pleasant / very long conversation about a variety of things and not just the fake letter. I even mentioned their dubs suck, and we demand more emphasis on subbed anime

I'm guessing I'll be the first one to get a C&D if they change their legal focus to scanlations though.

Ahaha, wow, that's so great.

Quote Originally Posted by blud View Post
    The conversation was 100% positive, I'm probably the only scanlator who had the balls to call them up to date. We ended up having a very pleasant / very long conversation about a variety of things and not just the fake letter. I even mentioned their dubs suck, and we demand more emphasis on subbed anime

I'm guessing I'll be the first one to get a C&D if they change their legal focus to scanlations though.

lol, obviously fake but anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    I emailed this to him myself after his page at the end of his scans a couple weeks ago. That site has a great archive of so many mangas.