Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    If its been monthly since the start then yes, its been out almost 6 years. I think that it's slowly gaining popularity. I didn't like it at first. There is going to be a 666 satan anime starting at the end of the year, and that's always a good sign.

edit: i looked it up, it started in 2002. It's created by Seishi Kishimoto, the younger twin brother of Masashi Kishimoto, creator of Naruto, so I really wouldn't be surprised if it were picked up by more people in the future.
    Last edited by Sushi; 08-16-2007 at 05:13 AM.

When it first came out people didn't know he was Kishimoto's brother and he faced a lot of criticism for being a "copy cat" of Naruto's work, so a lot of people were turned off by it. It took a while for people to see that it was a manga in of its own so that's why it's not as popular as some people would like it to be.

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood

Fairy Tail definitely has the potential to become the next big one. Can't believe the author of Rave made Fairy Tail! It will never reach the grand epic scale of One Piece as it's not original and doesn't possess One Piece's imagination, but it's definitely on par in term of quality with any of the major three.

666 Satan already ended I think. I read the series, didn't like it. It's done in a very childish and Shonen Jump-ish fashion. I read the chapters and decided it simply isn't as good as some people said it may be. There are a lot of flaws and certain points simply don't flow. Believe it or not, I do believe that Naruto is better than 666 Satan.

DBZ inspired the mangakas of One Piece, Bleach and Naruto, I am certain that those three series will serve to inspire others as well. I bet Fairy Tail is inspired by One Piece, too many indirect similarities.

One thing that made me like Fairy Tail so much is how fast it moves from the first chapter, unlike One Piece. One Piece starts up too slow. Normally that's not a problem, but ignorant people tend to see only their nose and the hairs on it.

More importantly, even after the big three ends in Shonen Jump, the authors themselves do not necessarily retire. They can start anew and do it from there. Tite Kubo is good at drawing, he can finish up Zombie Powder and score another lesser hit. Oda is one of a kind, I read his other works in "Wanted". All of them are brilliant! Even if One Piece concludes, I am sure 100% that Oda can cook up another epic. Masashi Kishimoto is fried after Naruto concludes, that guy got no special thing going for him. Naruto is all about the "ninja" theme. Once it's over, it's over. Just like the author of DB, Kishi will never score another hit. Naruto shall forever be his greatest work.

Why the hell is everyone saying 666 satans over? I've read up to ch 71, and I think thats the latest chapter. It was in no way an "ending" type of chapter. On wikipedia it says the latest chapter is 71. Where is the proof that it's over, people?

edit: and you obviously haven't read the whole thing if you think it's childish. It starts off with Jio as a kid, but it's certainly more adult-themed than naruto or the likes. After the time skip it gets alot better IMO, but even before the time skip, like the rock bird arc, was really good.

When one person thinks its over, it chain reacts and everyone thinks its over. Kind of like a Naruto theory. ;P

Also we have roughly 9-10 more years with One Piece, after that's finished I don't think Oda is going to do another manga. He might expand his creativity into other media like Toriyama did(character designs for video games and such).

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks

Holy manga's batman!! One piece has another 9-10 years in them? woow, Would that mean it would be the longest running manga ever? I never knew one piece was more popular then naruto. So then we should be mostly talking about what will replace naruto and bleach, since they seem to look like its almost over. Beside fairy tale, any other new manga's that will become a rising star?

Zetta Recommends: Naruto, Claymore, Death note, Elfen Lied, Berserk, Monster, One Piece, Rurouni Kenshin, Bleach,

Gameboy: "Its better to fight with honor than be silent and shit bricks"

Holy manga's batman!! One piece has another 9-10 years in them? woow, Would that mean it would be the longest running manga ever? I never knew one piece was more popular then naruto. So then we should be mostly talking about what will replace naruto and bleach, since they seem to look like its almost over. Beside fairy tale, any other new manga's that will become a rising star?
    Inuyasha's still going, and has been around longer than One Piece. I don't think it'll ever end. >_>

Inuyasha is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetta View Post
    The longest running manga is Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen Mae Hashutsujo. It's been around since 1976 and it currently spans 154 volumes. It's still ongoing.

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks

Quote Originally Posted by Jink View Post
    Inuyasha is garbage.

The longest running manga is Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen Mae Hashutsujo. It's been around since 1976 and it currently spans 154 volumes. It's still ongoing.
    Wow, im just shocked at how the authors can keep a story going for that long w/o criticisms about ending it because the quality has sank (example, The simpons). I hope naruto keeps going, i actaully really like it, i wouldnt mind how long it goes if the quality of the arcs are good. Even though there doesnt seem to be a successor of the big 3 n e time soon, im guessing shonen will have a lot of popular mini-manga's Like death note or something till they hit another jackpot.

Zetta Recommends: Naruto, Claymore, Death note, Elfen Lied, Berserk, Monster, One Piece, Rurouni Kenshin, Bleach,

Gameboy: "Its better to fight with honor than be silent and shit bricks"

The longest running manga is like random strips, it's not following a storyline, so nobody complains about the arcs. It's funny, that's all.

And Inuyasha is garbage, I ****ing refuse to accept that as part of the big 3.(or x number)