Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What'll Come After?

The big three right now are Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. They're the huge series that almost everyone knows about, and nearly everyone reads at least one of the three. However, it seems like things are coming to an end with Naruto and Bleach. Things will probably end after the Akatsuki arc with Naruto (I've heard that Kishimoto wants to finish the series), and it seems that Bleach won't have anything to do once the fight with the Arrancar and Aizen comes to a close. One Piece is the only series with staying power, it seems; with all the stuff going on in that series, it could be around for another ten years.

So what will people read and talk about after Naruto and Bleach finish? I know there are some other series out there right now, like D. Gray Man, but it doesn't seem anywhere near as popular as the big three. It just feels like there will be some sort of hole when Naruto and Bleach are gone. One Piece isn't enough; there needs to be other things to fill the hole. I don't know what those things are though.

What does everyone think? Do you think some current series will take Naruto and Bleach's place, or that Kishimoto and Kubo will come up with new series? Will some other mangakas show up with new series and pull us into them?
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!

i really hope some mangaka comes up with a real great and long story, since there arent many manga's that really take a long time to finish, most of the mangas and anime suck storywise...

Well, when dbz was over, how long did it take for shonen to find another megahit? We can compare naruto with dbz.

Zetta Recommends: Naruto, Claymore, Death note, Elfen Lied, Berserk, Monster, One Piece, Rurouni Kenshin, Bleach,

Gameboy: "Its better to fight with honor than be silent and shit bricks"

Quote Originally Posted by Zetta View Post
    Well, when dbz was over, how long did it take for shonen to find another megahit? We can compare naruto with dbz.
    not really, just some details..

Quote Originally Posted by Zetta View Post
    I think it'd be better to compare One Piece to DragonBall. After all, DragonBall got to 42 volumes, a very long series, and One Piece already has 46; also, DragonBall was the most popular, and One Piece is now the most popular.
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!

Quote Originally Posted by shaggyjebus View Post
    I think it'd be better to compare One Piece to DragonBall. After all, DragonBall got to 42 volumes, a very long series, and One Piece already has 46; also, DragonBall was the most popular, and One Piece is now the most popular.
    the only thing i liked about the dragonball series are the fights, but the rest.. cant even entertain me, because imo, db repeats itself to many times... they don't have a main storyline(I've only experienced DBZ AND DBGT, not DB).. all new enemys and the arcs their storylines suck imo

I can see Hiro Mashima´s Fairy tail becoming a big succes and might in a couple of years become a huge manga series.
    For those who haven´t read it here is some info:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy_Tail

It´s a fairly new series but it might become big someday.
    Last edited by samurai; 08-15-2007 at 08:35 PM.

I see Naruto ending in about 1 or two more years, I could careless about Bleach. The next manga I see becoming big is Fairy Tail. It certainly has the potential.

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood

agree with both of u. fairy tail is the future

Made by Gray-Foxx and iThepirate
    Come help us grow! http://mangaseed.com/index.php

D:
    I have no idea but I know Naruto is about to end.

Maybe HunterxHunter when it comes back? :\

More at
    My Deviantart