Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I get all the controversial stuff I will never require in my brain just by watching CNN daily. Michael Moore's movies alone are enough to fill my monthly dose of political matters. I don't need to watch that movie.

Yes, world peace is impossible. It was proven with the fall of communism. While communism is portrayed as a cult of absolute evil, its founding principle is actually world peace and equality between all humankind. It absolutely failed of course, since humankind isn't constructed to accept a concept as blank as world peace.

As for the matter of conspiracy, there are plenty. John Kennedy assassination for example, is one of greatest of all conspiracies. Varies calculations showed that the so called shooter wouldn't be the actual murderer. The secret report made by investigation group known as Warren Commission, upon the matter of assassination was locked away by president Lyndon Baines Johnson for two centuries. It wouldn't be released till my death. The chance is that FBI assassinated John F. Kennedy due to incredibly good reasons. Before his reelection and assassination, John F. Kennedy was leaking U.S. secrets and has various private deals with women of various background that threats the safety of U.S. More than that, certain decisions made by Kennedy was...controversial...FBI had Kennedy watched for a publicly confirmed long period of time. It's not strange if FBI assassinated Kennedy.

President Clinton promised to investigate area 51 before his election of presidency. He actually made inquiries regarding the location and actually was denied access to certain information.

There is conspiracy regarding 911, especially regarding the plane that stroke the Pentagon. Some suspect, with certain back up evidence, that a missile struck the Pentagon instead of a plane.

There is also the first landing of Moon and the entire American flag waving in the moon air conspiracy. A good number of people suspected that NASA Apollo 11 never did take place. The entire thing was staged by the government for political purposes. There is actually a good deal of evidence behind that theory and U.S. government had a very good reason for faking at that time.

There is also...Why the hell do I even keep those information in my brain? In any case, we can speculate all we want. Those movies are definitely biased for whatever purpose it was supposed to serve. Be sure of this, politicians are people of power who understands others' psychology without understanding his or her own. They will do whatever it stands if necessary to achieve a certain goal that suits the individual's purpose. Conspiracies are plausible, but hardly worth speculating over.

I've watched about an hour of the movie so far, and I'm stopping to go to sleep, but I have to say, what I've seen so far gives me plenty to talk about. Though I'm sure not many people would want to talk back, lol.

All talk of Christianity and NORAD and oil companies and whatnot aside, it's astounding how physics have been ignored throughout the 9/11 discussions. Motives, reasons, who is to blame, all that stuff has been debated so much, but simple physics rarely come up. I've heard conversations like this: "No plane hit the Pentagon." "Yes, a plane did." "Nuh-uh, we didn't see one." "Idiot. Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't hit." I've never seen a conversation such as, "A plane couldn't have hit simply because there was no evidence of a plane, and the material of the plane physically could not have been vaporized by the blast." The latter is really the argument that needs to be brought up though.

To sum up, everybody who wants to say, " Conspiracy theories are all insane, blah blah blah," go ahead, but I'd like to talk about physics and how things can happen and how things cannot happen and the way things did happen.

I don't have a strong opinion concerning 9/11 and all that crap, but I would love to figure out just how something miraculous like steel melting like butter without thermite could happen. And how thermite ended up in the residue without it being on the planes, lol.

These are the things people cannot really go against. I'd love for someone to go against them though and provide a reasonable, logical argument. It might actually be the right one.
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!

Alright, after seeing most of it I decided to tell you that It was quite a funny movie, I just love conspiracy theories.
    This movie has many groundbreaking discoveries, and I'll now list one of my favorites:
    RELIGION IS NOT ORIGINAL ZOMG! JESUS WAS BASED ON SOMEONE ELSE! OMG OMG OMG!

Wow, who'd have thought religions influence eachother, I mean, it's not like we have an example of an entire pantheon that got copied from the Greeks to the Romans.
    Anyway, moving onward to the main part of the movie: What they're basically trying to tell me is that there is this huuuuuuuge conspiracy going on everywhere in the world, that is planning to usurp all power and create one super nation, ruled by the foul and evil intellectuals and bankers?
    I'm cool with that, really. If they manage to pull off such a feat and keep it a secret, they deserve to be the rulers of the world, since most of humanity barely rises above their cattle-like existance.
    And I really doubt that's the case, I'd like to quote a famous Italian Writer here, who wrote a great book about the madness of conspiracy theories:

Quote Originally Posted by Umberto Eco in Foucault's Pendulum
    “ The lunatic ... doesn't concern himself at all with logic; he works by short circuits. For him, everything proves everything else. The lunatic is all idée fixe, and whatever he comes across confirms his lunacy. You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense, by his flashes of inspiration, and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars. ”
    I was actually also rather disappointed with the lack of freemasoners, Rosecruxians, Knights templar and Jews involved with this conspiracy, can't have a complete theory without them really.

Anyway, if, and only if, I somehow get enslaved by the government in the next 70 years, I'd like to retract my statement, but for now, my opinion can be worded like this: Bullshit.

Brave New World, here we come.
    Last edited by Sulimo; 08-16-2007 at 12:27 PM.
    Your friendly neighborhood debunker.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    Alright, after seeing most of it I decided to tell you that It was quite a funny movie, I just love conspiracy theories.
    This movie has many groundbreaking discoveries, and I'll now list one of my favorites:
    RELIGION IS NOT ORIGINAL ZOMG! JESUS WAS BASED ON SOMEONE ELSE! OMG OMG OMG!

Wow, who'd have thought religions influence eachother, I mean, it's not like we have an example of an entire pantheon that got copied from the Greeks to the Romans.
    I'm ignoring everything except the stuff about religion because that's about all I watched (the other stuff doesn't interest me).

I think you're underestimating the impact that religious knowledge would actually have on Christians. For one, if the astrological theory is correct, then that means that Christianity really isn't necessary because Jesus isn't lord, and all that stuff. Looking beside that theory, however, we see the looming problem that Christianity isn't that unrelated to other religions in the story of Jesus's birth. This means a hell of a lot, because Jesus is God to Christians. If you only say that the rebirth didn't happen, then *BAM* so long Christianity. The movie was saying that all of the miracles attributed to Christ were stolen from earlier religions and thus did not happen; a religion without some sort of miracle isn't a religion, because the miraculous things that don't obey the laws of nature are what ensure that a deity is in fact all-powerful, such as Christ showing that he is God incarnate by coming back from the dead. If you take away those miracles, or even say that Jesus never even existed, then Christianity has no point to exist, and if Christianity is gone, then there goes one of the three major religions. That's one big gap to fill.
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!

Quote Originally Posted by shaggyjebus View Post
    I'm ignoring everything except the stuff about religion because that's about all I watched (the other stuff doesn't interest me).

I think you're underestimating the impact that religious knowledge would actually have on Christians. For one, if the astrological theory is correct, then that means that Christianity really isn't necessary because Jesus isn't lord, and all that stuff. Looking beside that theory, however, we see the looming problem that Christianity isn't that unrelated to other religions in the story of Jesus's birth. This means a hell of a lot, because Jesus is God to Christians. If you only say that the rebirth didn't happen, then *BAM* so long Christianity. The movie was saying that all of the miracles attributed to Christ were stolen from earlier religions and thus did not happen; a religion without some sort of miracle isn't a religion, because the miraculous things that don't obey the laws of nature are what ensure that a deity is in fact all-powerful, such as Christ showing that he is God incarnate by coming back from the dead. If you take away those miracles, or even say that Jesus never even existed, then Christianity has no point to exist, and if Christianity is gone, then there goes one of the three major religions. That's one big gap to fill.
    Hell, if sheer logic hasn't managed to kill christianity by now, then what makes you think that simple fact will do about it? I mean, Christianity is basically just Judaism with the main difference that the Messiah has already arrived in christianity, therefor changing the ruleset abit.

Christians do not care if their messiah is a fraud.
    God said he is his son, therefor he is his son, because god does not lie.

What makes you think a christian will view that movie, and that it will make him think: "Zoinks, Never thought about it like that, time to abandon my religion and change it or drop religion altogether!"
    No, doubt that'll happen, I suppose it'll be more like:
    "Wtf, Liars."
    Your friendly neighborhood debunker.

First of all, people, get the facts strait before you start bitching (if you did)
    If you watched the entire movie. The Narrator/Filmaker states that he is not trying to change anyone's belifs at all. This is just an accumilative report on his resources. So this guy isnt just another christian extremist trying to convert people. This guy has got some muchos whaivos. The world is really fucked up. Beyond repair. We just need to deal with it and conform. Because nothing we do will chage a god damn thing.

yet another very crappy sig

Money ...they say..is the
    PROPERTY OF UCHIHA EST. 1999
    A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed tomorrow.
    Sig by Ravona
    Official member of the Sasuke Haters Club

If you have time to be terrorists, take pero out for a walk
    Spoiler!

Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi8 View Post
    Money ...they say..is the
    the desire for money*