Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Akumetsu ~ Yoshiaki Tabata & Yûki Yogo

I just started reading this seinen... it's twisted so far, but awesome!

Synopsis
    Nagasawa Shiina was just your average 3rd year high schooler when her parents' company went bankrupt. In order to pay the bills, her family sells her into prostitution. At her first job, a mysterious masked man crashes the party...and it's someone she knows...

Akumetsu is the story of Hazama Shou, who defends his own view of justice in a vigilante manner while wearing a mask and calling himself Akumetsu.

Edit: I'll try to revive this thread

This manga is quite a good one, basically a guy who seems to be somewhat omnipotent is disgusted by corrupt bureaucrats and business men and decides to use violence to change it, its pretty funny since the main character Akumatsu/Shou doesn't seem to take things seriously a lot of the time, especially when he's got someone tied up and is about to shoot their fingers off, or he has someone held hostage with a sword.

The violence isn't too bad considering it's a seinen although there is a lot of blood and random people do sometimes die.

Download chapters here or read online here

Some more pics and pages from the manga. (Maybe some spoilers)

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
    Last edited by ImotoChan; 02-20-2009 at 07:09 AM.
    Currently Reading
    High School of the Dead||Dragon Head||Gantz||Claymore||Naruto||Bleach||Zetman||Aka metsu||Tenjho Tenge

You should provide a summary or something for people who haven't heard of this manga yet. ;P

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood

Whats it about? I love Seinen manga so anytime I hear of a new one i get excited.

Any pictures please

Sorry about the incomplete description, but Shou the main character is quite twisted and a Hero gone off the deep end.
    Cover of first issue.

Small piece of the comic
    Currently Reading
    High School of the Dead||Dragon Head||Gantz||Claymore||Naruto||Bleach||Zetman||Aka metsu||Tenjho Tenge

I liked the way this manga is going, not much to read at the moment as there are not a lot of transulated version.

Here is where I got them from: Akumetsu Download

p.s. keep your pop-up stopper on.
    Last edited by Wolverine; 01-19-2008 at 03:20 PM.

I've only read the first 24 or so chapters but it's enjoyable

Thankfully, the releases are coming again, after quite a long time. The series as of now is good, a fist in the face of ugly society and blah blah. However, it does need a consistent plot, otherwise it will get monotonous no sooner.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    I was supposed to revive this thread ages ago, but I did a half ass job and forgot about it =.= but now its more or less done.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

This is a great manga. I read it on Onemanga and right now they are up to chapter 60 where he has just told us something that is completely the reason I read this manga. It's surprises and he kind of has a political point. To the above who wanted summaries and pictures jimmyyojimbo put it pretty simply but truthfully although we find out a little bit more about Shou as time goes on. Anything else he can say would ruin the surprises. Oh and he did post pictures.