Hybrid View

Exclamation Cowboy Bebop Live Action Confirmed

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ally-announced

After much anticipation, it has finally been confirmed. And yes, Keanu Reeves has been cast and will most likely play Spike. Any other details on the cast hasn't been revealed yet, but one thing I do find interesting is that this will be a joint with Sunrise and 20th Century Fox. So it won't be a complete hatchet job like Dragonball. Your thoughts?

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Well Sunrise will indeed save it but I still don't condone Reeves as Spike. Only time will tell though.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Totally looking forward to this. Huge fan of the anime.

pouring like an avalanche, coming down the mountain
    I am more than a little bit doubtful about how a Bebop live-action will go...

also
    Quote Originally Posted by ANN article about Bebop movie
    He (Reeves) also indicated that the preliminary story outline partly draws inspiration from the "Red Eye" storyline from the first episode of the animated series.
    It's been a long time since I've seen Desperado, but I seem to remember that that first episode had quite a bit of things taken from the "El Mariachi" series. Also, this really brings up a bad premonition about how they'll handle things like Faye's character and the back-story with Vicious and Julia. After all, although Red Eye appears a few times throughout the series as "typical high-end drug of the future" the "Asteroid Blues" episode focuses mostly on the bad guy and his wife...

And I'm praying like all hell that Shinichiro Watanabe has a bigger hand in this than either Keiko Nobumoto or Kenji Uchida. But I can't help but see the "three associate producers" thing as largely being a PR gimmick to have people believe the original Bebop boys are involved in the film when Sunrise is probably just going to have Uchida ham-fist a lot of crap into it.

Uchida's record is pretty up and down. He's clearly from the sci-fi adventure background, and some of the older Gundams he helped produce were very good, but, tying in to my concerns about what the movie will actually focus on, he was most recently the planner for both seasons of Code Geass. And as good as parts of that show were, the thing it suffered from most was poor planning.

The Earth has great beauty. The animals known as humans have acquired such strength that they even think about controlling this planet for themselves. From the point of a planet's life, the life of a living thing lasts no more than an instant. But, in the end, it is only themselves that humans can think of.

To be fair, doing Cowboy Bebop live-action movie is much more realistic production wise than a Dragonball one.

I just think that whoever thought up the Dragonball one had to be high. All of the live-action incarnations of the Journey to the West book have been lacklustre, how much more a Dragonball one?

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    To be fair, doing Cowboy Bebop live-action movie is much more realistic production wise than a Dragonball one.

I just think that whoever thought up the Dragonball one had to be high. All of the live-action incarnations of the Journey to the West book have been lacklustre, how much more a Dragonball one?

couldn't agree more. it's sort of hard for me though, to picture keanu reeves playing spike. but, i'm glad they're planning to do the film none the less.

I heard about this awhile ago. I cant honestly see Reeves pulling off a good Spike. Not to mention the depth of that character is far more than any of his other roles. The good thing is, it could turn out to be great so Im keeping my fingers crossed!