Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool trip to crete (greece)

hi, soon (august 17 till august 24) i will be on vacation on the island of crete - chersonissos/hersonissos to be specific. i was wondering if anyone has been there already.

can somebody tell some places to hang out - pubs, good restaurant's, cocktail bars, and so on ...
    i would appreciate some advice.

thanks

I went to Crete from 2 days as a stopover from Turkey (via Rhodes, another great island) and took a ferry to Santorini. I only stayed in Herakion for a night (not too fun) but then headed to Agios Nikolaos which was much better. It is a nice seaside town with some fun bars. Personally, I would go to Santorini (Oia is beautiful) if possible...

i was also there last year....beautiful island. sorry i dont really remember any places.

Spoiler!

Life is a bitch and death is her husband.

Oh, yeah did go to the Palace of Knossos and was pretty cool...I guess just tourist stuff mostly. I can't remember the names of bars/restaurants that we went too. Sorry :(

yeah, i heard of knossos - i'm gonna visit the palace.
    the pictures look promising - nice region.

the ferry is a good idea. i guess it will take a days trip to get to another island (strolling around a bit and get back). we will see (i'm going with two buddies).

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shinta View Post
    yeah, i heard of knossos - i'm gonna visit the palace.
    the pictures look promising - nice region.

the ferry is a good idea. i guess it will take a days trip to get to another island (strolling around a bit and get back). we will see (i'm going with two buddies).

thanks
    The ferry from Crete to Santorini takes about 3-4 hours (and it wasn't the high speed one either which is like 2). Once there you could stay the night and come back (provided there is a ferry the next day). Look into it if you can because Santorini is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been and would go back in a heartbeat!

i never been there but i just wanna wish you; have a nice trip and enjoy your holidays there!

Quote Originally Posted by gin0va View Post
    i never been there but i just wanna wish you; have a nice trip and enjoy your holidays there!
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    The ferry from Crete to Santorini takes about 3-4 hours (and it wasn't the high speed one either which is like 2). Once there you could stay the night and come back (provided there is a ferry the next day). Look into it if you can because Santorini is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been and would go back in a heartbeat!
    i will check the timetables once i'm there. hopefully there are ferries in the morning/evening. a few hours would be nice (i'm not sure if the others want to stay over the night - maybe we can stay the night out at local bars,... and go back in the morning)

According to Epimenides, Herodotus and several other greeks, all cretans are liars.
    So don't trust em.
    That's just my word of advice, and have fun ;p
    Your friendly neighborhood debunker.

well, i will enjoy my vacation. i'll post some pics when i'm back.
    see ya, i'm off.