Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Pastel ~ Toshihiko Kobayashi

Thanks to gin0va, I recently fell in love with the manga series Pastel. It's been running for hella' long by now, so I'm suprised nobody's done a topic on it, yet. It's a comedy, romance, school and slice-of-life manga, with a fair batch of ecchi in it. (C'mon, you know me; if there's no ecchi, I don't read it.) At first I didn't like the art, because it's so much different from most other manga series, but after a while I really started to like it and currently I think the art is one of the best I've seen yet. AMAISING, RITE? How men can change their mind so easily...

Anyway, enough babbling. You should just read it. It's great.

Here's a summary of volume 1, by Del Ray:
    Poor Mugi Tadano . . . The sixteen-year-old is heartbroken after his girlfriend moves away. To ease his troubled state, Mugi takes a summer job at his friend Kazuki’s beachside snack bar/hotel on a tropical island. It seems like the perfect plan–until Kazuki sets Mugi up on a date with Yuu, who’s supposed to be, well, a little less than perfect. When Yuu arrives, however, she’s not the monster that either of the boys had imagined. In fact, Yuu is about the cutest person that Mugi has ever seen. But after Mugi accidentally walks in on Yuu in the bath, the girl is steamed. When trying to apologize the next day, he discovers that Yuu has left the shores of paradise. Mugi vows to search high and low for the beautiful Yuu, but will he ever see her again?
    Currently only Dynasty is scanlating Pastel and they're, well... quite slow. :/ Click here for their site, you can find the releases over there. The first 5 volumes were done by AnimeWaves, but seeing as how Pastel was licensed by Del Ray, they removed the downloads from their site. Luckily for you, you can get them two lines below this one.

Volume downloads:

Enjoy~
    Last edited by Mass Zero; 01-14-2009 at 03:17 PM.

Meh, One Manga says it's at...

Categories: comedy, romance, shounen

LOL, no wonder I haven't read this. I'll be reading it for now.

I'll post my comments after.

I recommend Kimi no Iru Machi and Suzuka. They're ecchi, and have a great story (HS love). LOL

A good read if you want to be happy.

Suzuka manga's ecchi? The series doesn't seem to have much ecchi in it... Mostly drama. It does have a great story, though.

Pastel seems interesting, I'm gonna try a volume or two.

Well, most of the first volumes had a very ecchi touch in it.

I've read the first 2 chapters of Pastel, it's a good one. I'll finish reading it. Thanks for the recommendation.

I got caught up with this manga back in August. Still eagerly waiting for the next chapter.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

I definitely love this manga. It's cute and it has ecchi which makes it even better.
    Ava&Sig by Ravona

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -William Shakespeare

ipsa scientia potestas est

Senjougahara Fascination!

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    Meh, One Manga says it's at...

Categories: comedy, romance, shounen

LOL, no wonder I haven't read this. I'll be reading it for now.

I'll post my comments after.

I recommend Kimi no Iru Machi and Suzuka. They're ecchi, and have a great story (HS love). LOL

A good read if you want to be happy.
    I agree, I didn't come across this manga either because of the categories listed at OneManga. I tried reading a few shounen, but most can't hold my attention. Either it's the style of the artwork or simply the story isn't involving enough for me..

But Pastel's story is really good, and the artwork works really well with the setting. I'm really glad I gave it a shot. The first few chapters were filled with quite a bit of ecchi, that I didn't think the story would be good. But thankfully I was wrong. It's pretty well balanced, and just not used for fan service which is really pleasing.

Thanks Mazz Zero for this find!

Also Kimi no Iru Machi is simply amazing. I really recommended to pick that up if you enjoyed Pastel.

Quote Originally Posted by Daye View Post
    I agree, I didn't come across this manga either because of the categories listed at OneManga. I tried reading a few shounen, but most can't hold my attention. Either it's the style of the artwork or simply the story isn't involving enough for me..

But Pastel's story is really good, and the artwork works really well with the setting. I'm really glad I gave it a shot. The first few chapters were filled with quite a bit of ecchi, that I didn't think the story would be good. But thankfully I was wrong. It's pretty well balanced, and just not used for fan service which is really pleasing.

Thanks Mazz Zero for this find!

Also Kimi no Iru Machi is simply amazing. I really recommended to pick that up if you enjoyed Pastel.
    You should've tried an earlier work of Kouji Seo, Suzuka.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    You should've tried an earlier work of Kouji Seo, Suzuka.
    Oh trust me I did. :] The ending was rather a surprise though. I didn't see that one coming at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Daye View Post
    Oh trust me I did. :] The ending was rather a surprise though. I didn't see that one coming at all!
    That's great.

I just finished reading chapter 91 of Pastel. I need the new chapter! xD