Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Blackbeard has got to be the strongest this far. He managed to Scar Shanks before he ate his devil fruit which means Blackbeard´s physical strength alone is immensely powerful. Shanks said that Blackbeard is at least on an equal level with Whitebeard and MAYBE even stronger. He managed to shrug off Ace´s attacks as well.

but we dont know how strong the other shibukai are but one of them fought on par with arlong:/ but he must have gotten a lot stronger cuz his in the shibukai. and the miguwara's hasent even come the half way on the grand line so there should be stronger foe's than blackbeard but for now he's the strongest.

Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum View Post
    but we dont know how strong the other shibukai are but one of them fought on par with arlong:/ but he must have gotten a lot stronger cuz his in the shibukai. and the miguwara's hasent even come the half way on the grand line so there should be stronger foe's than blackbeard but for now he's the strongest.
    Arlong is a weak character, above average, that's all. I don't think that Arlong can even beat Foxy >.<. Jimbei was said to be an equal of Arlong-"was". Surely Oda does not intend to pin another Arlong level character against Luffy in the incoming Fishman Island Arc.

But yeah, Blackbeard is definitely a candidate for the strongest title. After all, he's after One Piece as well. You are quite correct. There are better people in the Grand Line. Shanks never managed to defeat Mihawk. The remaining two Yonkou are all powerful folks on par of Whitebeard. I am intrigued as to how in the world can Donflamingo be owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeTheGold View Post
    Well...Unless Shanks got DF...I seriously don't see him possessing a secondary fighting skill other than superhuman level of swordsmanship.
    Im not going to say that Shanks probably has a devil fruit but he obviously has to have some other extraordinary powers other than swordsmanship otherwise Mihawk would be a Yonkou

Quote Originally Posted by samurai View Post
    Blackbeard has got to be the strongest this far. He managed to Scar Shanks before he ate his devil fruit which means Blackbeard´s physical strength alone is immensely powerful. Shanks said that Blackbeard is at least on an equal level with Whitebeard and MAYBE even stronger. He managed to shrug off Ace´s attacks as well.
    Did Shanks really say that Blackbeard was on their level or stronger i knew that he was getting stronger and tryinng to take whitebeards place or something?

Quote Originally Posted by CraZyAzN View Post
    Im not going to say that Shanks probably has a devil fruit but he obviously has to have some other extraordinary powers other than swordsmanship otherwise Mihawk would be a Yonkou
    Shichibukai is one of world's three great powers, an equal rank of Yonkou. You need to a crew to be a Yonkou. Mihawk isn't exactly the party-loving-crowd-lover-type. So whether Shanks has a secondary power or not has nothing to do with whether Mihawk is a Yonkou or Shichibukai.

Quote Originally Posted by CraZyAzN View Post
    Did Shanks really say that Blackbeard was on their level or stronger i knew that he was getting stronger and tryinng to take whitebeards place or something?
    Nah, Shanks never said that. However he strongly implied that was the case by stating that Blackbeard is a threat directly toward Whitebeard himself. You gotta be on par of that certain person to be a threat to him, right? It's not like Blackbeard is gonna poison Whitebeard or shoot darts at him to take the title.

Monkey D. Dragon.
    idiots in their own idiotic way have their own idiotic worries. - Sakata Gintoki

chopper (monster point)

I have to go with Monkey D. Dragon, strength isn't limited to just fighting ability (this is one piece, though. I'm sure at some point we'll see him in a fight.)
    "The wired might actually be thought of as a highly advanced upper layer of the real world. In other words, physical reality is nothing but an illusion, a hologram of the information that flows to us through the wired."

--Playing as an online 'devil's advocate' since 1998.--

I would have to agree that it's Dragon.

I don't think that Dragon is a pirate, per se. He's just a revolutionary, just another sort of criminal. Like Higuma the Bear, who was a mountain bandit.

And the strongest pirate so far has been Gold Roger, obviously. Pirate King and all that? But I still believe that the strongest pirate so far might be Blackbeard. Scarring Shanks, being able to plan so far ahead, and his crazy-awesome Devil Fruit? Yeah. Blackbeard ftw.