Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MangaShare needs your uber-leet skills. [Community Project]

You've probably seen the images that run along the site, the "Featured Series."

It is time to shed some light onto those less known series, and the only way they can be displayed as a Featured Series is if they have an image to go with.

Not all series in the directory have their own image, so here I come to ask you and your uber-leet photoshopping skills to make a banner for a series that's in the directory.

How? you may ask. Well, you can grab page from a scan and crop into a specific canvas size and that's it, easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy!

We prefer if the pages are in color. You can look at some series how they have theirs. No fancy effects, no text. Just an image of the manga to identify it by. (Soul Eater, Reborn, Bleach)

What's the reward? The feeling that you've helped the site that you love!! Also a hug and a kiss from gin0va; sexy sexy beast. Besides that, I don't know. I'll talk to other mods and see what we can do.

Requirements:

JPG
    647x220 (very important that it's exactly that size)
    95kb or less (In PS: around a quality of 8 or 9 should do the trick)
    No borders.
    Graphic editing software (anything besides Paint, when you save JPG in Paint, it poops on the quality)

You can take this as a template. Just fill it with white and do your magic.
    Spoiler!

If you have any questions, please post them.

If you're gonna use 3rd-party coloring, ask the artist for permission first.

Manga that need a banner:

Spoiler!
    Last edited by fxu; 01-25-2009 at 10:51 AM.

Do you have a list of the series that need the banners?

Not at hand, but you can go to the directory, and see if your favorite manga has an image. Or you can go down the list.

I'll make a list this weekend when I get some free time. College started this week and I'm already getting bombarded with assignments :x

This includes only series from the listed above in the link? Or also for those that are in the Manga Reader?

Quote Originally Posted by DECK View Post
    This includes only series from the listed above in the link? Or also for those that are in the Manga Reader?
    It includes all the mangas in the series directory from the tracker and from the online reader as well.

(yeah, DECK, go make one fot Zan )

Thanks to everyone who has submitted images thus far, they have been added!

Wolverine, erynism and Darkfire.

former mod
    I'm updating a list to the first post, please post here when you have a banner, or already got it added by an mod/admin...

so you want us to say which have been added from here?

These have been done:

Spoiler!
    Last edited by zidane21ps; 01-08-2009 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Cause your ass is showing

former mod
    List is complete.

Wolverine, if you pm banners to fxu or me, you mustn't mark it here, we know that we have to edit that list

I just thought that people might post the banners here >_> /or if they spot a series that has a banner already, but is yet in the list, they might point it out.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Wolverine; 01-08-2009 at 10:31 PM. Reason: potty training