Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post I need a new anime

first off let me tell you a little about my anime exp./preferences just so you will know my tastes and possibly be able to point me in the right direction.

well ive always enjoyed anime ever since i was a kid. i remember watching galaxy express 999 on the sci fi channel as a kid and loving it which is what i guess got me started on anime. from there i really didnt watch much untill toonami(used to be the anime block on cartoon network) started airing dbz and gundam wing which i really liked. around the same time period i saw the ghost in the shell movie and princess mononoke which i loved. a little later on i found cowboy bebop and samurai champloo which in my opinion are amazing. had an ex-coworker introduce me to bleach which was great through the ss arc but has since become boring to me. i also enjoy reading a good manga such as the rurouni kenshin manga although imo the anime was horrible having read the manga first, got like 20 something episodes in and quit watching that one. the rurouni kenshin ova's where amazingly well drawn and followed the story in the manga, probably my favorite ova's. i really liked FLCL although it was just wayyyy too short. i watched the fma anime and liked it. other animes ive watched and liked are death note, afro samurai(just an amazing sword fight anime),akira, ninja scroll and excel saga(funny as hell). ive found a few animes i plan on watching through the top five anime thread, the girl who leapt through time, haruhi suzumiya, monster and planetes. i know my list is all over the place but someone has to have something for me lol. and go!

Mushishi is a great anime, if your looking for something to wrap your mind around.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/457/Mushishi its basically an anime that attempts to show us how all life is connected.

JOIN THE GINTAMA FAN CLUB.. "Just do it" *click here*

D.Gray-man FC Members List

My Anime List

Well if you're looking for a truly epic anime then Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is something that you have to watch.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/2001/Te..._Gurren_Lagann
    Last edited by DFX; 01-07-2009 at 06:28 AM.

Well done anime, and for having a good time. Simply GREAT. Sangaz agrees.
    Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/2605/Sa...etsubou_Sensei
    Last edited by DECK; 01-07-2009 at 04:19 AM.

Its best to watch all of the anime's mentioned captain, cause they are all grand

JOIN THE GINTAMA FAN CLUB.. "Just do it" *click here*

D.Gray-man FC Members List

My Anime List

thanks for the sugestions so far. i work in nuclear power half the year and the other half the year i have off so i have to find stuff to fill my time. anime is great for that along with a few good books and lots of world of warcraft. more than anything if i could get like ten or tweleve completed series to watch that would be amazing. ill probably end up watching or reading all the suggestions so keep going!
    Last edited by captainidiot420; 01-07-2009 at 06:18 AM. Reason: added something instead of another reply

My standard reply for "recommendaiton" threads:

If you are looking for something for a thinking man and is relativly long I would single out Legend of Galactic Heroes if you don't mind the "space opera" brand of sci-fi.

| MangaTraders - Lackey | HentaiTraders - Staff | AnimeInfo.org - Admin |
    Scanlation: Typesetter, Editor, Scanner, Cleaner, & Connoisseur
    Warning: Due to the nature of Ariolander all posts now come with a disclaimer.

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
    Cowboy Bebop
    Last edited by Tadashi Seiren; 01-08-2009 at 03:06 AM.
    Ava&Sig by Ravona

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -William Shakespeare

ipsa scientia potestas est

Senjougahara Fascination!

Rock'n'roll Fugitive Nin wildzero's Avatar
    I'm gonna have to recommend Michiko to Hatchin. It's about an escaped criminal and the recently rescued (from an abusive foster home) daughter of a man she loved, it takes place in a fictional Latin American locale, and has music produced by Watanabe Shinichiro. It's a tale of freedom, and finding a place in society when you have next to nothing. There's currently 10 episodes out.

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni!
    If you're into mystery, then you have to watch this.