Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    that is true but at the same time, now that he has shown us, we can make certain lvl of assumptions.... and I agree that except for giant luffy i dont see a 4th gear. maybe Luffy-Bomber! lol

Maybe he'll combine Second and Third Gear...
    *Insert witty remark here*
    "Bankai, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi" - Kuchiki Byakuya, right before he's about to **** you up

http://invasionx.com/gundamwar/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Jink View Post
    Gear Second is the most powerful of the two we have seen so far, but the Gear Third for some reason has the worse side effects. If Gear Fourth is in fact an ability that increases speed, but sacrifices strength, then it's side effects might be similar to it's Gear Third counterpart. Though a shrunken state is unlikely after using Gear Fourth, I still believe the negative side effects of Gear Third would be similar. In some way Luffy's body would be changed and he would be left pretty much defenseless in front of a opponent if his Gear Fourth fails.
    Isnt Gear 3 is the strongest in terms of physical strength but he sacrifices a lot of speed for it. As for Gear 4 i think it would be boring if he combined gears 2 &3
    Last edited by CraZyAzN; 08-14-2007 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CraZyAzN View Post
    Isnt Gear 3 is the strongest in terms of physical strength but he sacrifices a lot of speed for it. As for Gear 4 i think it would be boring if he combined gears 2 &3
    Gear Third is in fact better in terms of physical strength, but Gear Second is still the most powerful of the two.

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood

Quote Originally Posted by CraZyAzN View Post
    Correct me if im wrong, but has anyone seen Luffy using Gear First? I think the next gear will be gear first and the most powerful gear he will be using. I might be wrong about the gear first thing, i had to skip couple of episodes/chapters for a reason, dont ask. but thats what i think anyways.

Orochimaru for final villain!

There is no actual Gear First. Luffy fighting normally can be considered "Gear First".

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks

Normal Luffy is gear 1st.

Perhaps the 4th gear consists of the following: Luffy consumes a chemical stimulative from Chopper, temporarily increases his blood flow, self production of Isoprene and kinetic energy. The result increases his rubber body's dexterity, flexibility, stretchability. Breath dials pump nitrogen and oxygen mixture into Luffy's bone structure, effectively fasten the isocaloric process and hardens Luffy's rubber properties and fixes Luffy's gear 4th structure.

The result is a giant Luffy with above average movement rate. That is gear 4th. The side effect is that Luffy loses his stretchability after deactivation for several days, due to the abnormal isocaloric process that hardens Luffy. More over, instead of Chibi Luffy, Luffy will slowly shrink from giant form till normal. Isoprene is also considered a a human carcinogen. Thereby Luffy will be more likely to have cancer in the future.

Mugiwara Pirates on drugs, awesome. To me that's kind of lame, taking steroids is Chopper's thing. Luffy consuming something like that to make him stronger doesn't seem likely to me, unless of course he ate it by accident.

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks

Knowing Oda there is no way we will be able to guess Luffy's next technique :p .

But just to add to the fun, what if Chopper develops a potion or something along those lines that will allow Luffy to eat a 2nd Devil Fruit?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    Knowing Oda there is no way we will be able to guess Luffy's next technique :p .

But just to add to the fun, what if Chopper develops a potion or something along those lines that will allow Luffy to eat a 2nd Devil Fruit?
    Yeah Oda is very good at surprising us.

I can see that as a possibility.. but does Chopper have that kind of skill? I can see Vegapunk coming up with something like that in the future, but I don't think Luffy would ever get a second DF ability.

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks