Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Reading these speculations etcetc, gave me SUCH laughs my ass fell off
    I usually hate reading predictions and the like, but this time actually my mood went up by MILES <3 (but still, partially agree with loud17)

The ideas sirtibs and loud17 said, truly seems possible, and reasonably OP-like, concidering how Blackbeard can sap all DF abilities and all...The most important thing at hand for Luffy would indeed be upgrading his physical strenght that doesn't just lean on his DF, although I'd like to presume Luffy actually has enough strenght to NOT use his gomu gomu abilities all the time. And their adventures make all of them stronger without them noticing, so MORE ADVENTURING. In the other side of Red Line. And in the archipelago, as well. Maybe somewhat gaining grasp of that spirit-thingie, perhaps by accident? :3

But one thing is sure - Luffy training Zoro-like is a MAJOR NO-NO :o

Actually, an idea I thought of for the Blackbeard and Luffy fight is that Luffy stretches his leg far past Blackbeard... Blackbeard touches him, causing Luffy's stretchiness to go away, Luffy's leg snaps back very, very quickly, Blackbeard gets hit as it comes back... though that attack would certainly take a very big toll on Luffy, I think...

And I got off topic. For Luffy's 4th gear... I agree with those who're saying a defense point. It was a use and it has a weakness, therefore fitting with the other gears. I don't think Luffy needs another move that increases his speed; Gear 2nd seemed to take care of that pretty well, and Gear 3rd upgraded more on the offense.

Sigh... it's hard to think up the implications of a rubber body...
    Last edited by HitsugayaFan; 05-25-2008 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Gear 3rd helps *offense* not defense.

I think it's actually virtually impossible to comprehend what's going on in Oda's imagination, so surely, EVERYONE will be in for a shock when he introduces Luffy's new techniques and sh1t. 8D And that is a good thing, I love how surprising OP has been the whole time... unlike many other +100 chapter mangas.

King Dingaling Muddafuher One Piece's Avatar
    wait and see

What If...
    Paramecia becomes logia?

wouldn't it be awesome if Luffy melts down while in gear 2nd (he overheats)... and then just when everyone thought that he died - he gets up with new logia powers!!
    which would look like something between wax(candle, Mr.3) and candy (that guy from one of the movies...Gasparde, was it?) DF, only more rubber-ish... or not

copyright © Skull26

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say...I'm only saying this, cos I am not too clear on the paramecia and logia differences- I often doubt are some powers logia, or paramecia...

Lord of the Boredom zone Pakkun's Avatar
    For me to imagine luffys gear 4 chopper needs to start doing medical research to help his friends evolve.

A defense point would be rather useful, it probably be like the vulcanization of rubber to make it harder and sturdier, though making it less stretchable, which could most likely be the side effect.

Mecha Luffy! Personally I think Luffy is going to just start swallowing people..

Anyhow, Luffy has to find some way to beat Logia type users. Since its very apparent that they are his bane.

cant luffy just pump up his brain and shoot massive amounts of blood through it?
    The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike.