Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Utter poppycock, the both of you!

Of course Luffy will have a Fourth Gear! With it, he'll be able to travel at speeds of 45 - 55 mph!!!
    HAHA thats a good one.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i think gear 4 will be when he pumps air through his thumb like in gear 3 but he internalizes, and pressurizes it and shoots it out in a compressed air ball

that an attack not really a gear. that would still fall under G3 since its a different attack with the same process.
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

it would still be badass though especially if he mixed it with haki

but its still just an attack not a gear, its a bit to much like franky and luffy is not really a distance fighter. he is a close to mid ranged fighter and i doubt that changes much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not sure what his next one will be, but i can safely say that rubber can be fused together, so i see no reason why his wounds and be mended(if he's cut or pierced). He might even be able to play it like a Logia User.

remember red hawk?? gear fourth will be him using hardening on his entire body or a combination of hardening with gear second
    DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE!!!
    doflamingo
    THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    You seem to believe, that OP is some shit like Bleach and that the main guy will just pull something out of his ass and beat the enemy no matter who he is.And you're damn wrong in viewing it that way.

no it wont because he already does those and did not call it G4. as many have said there probably never will be a G4.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gear 4, An Idea

I was thinking that if gear 4 was possible then what would it be. Then I had an idea that what if gear 4 addressed to one of the weakness of Luffy's devil fruit power which is that it is vulnerable to slashing attacks.

Every attack is basically a force given a shape like blunt attacks are basically force exerted from a big area while a cutting attack is force from a very small area like the tip of the blade.

My idea is that what if Luffy could shrink himself a bit. I know what you are thinking, "shrinking? That doesn't sound that impressive to me." Well to shrink Luffy would have to compress his body making his body denser. As you can only cut stuff when the blade forces the molecules to overcome their attractive forces with each other and separate them -effectively cutting them. When you shrink you compress those molecules and make their attractive forces that much stronger that would mean that you can to some extent take a slashing attack and not get even a scratch. Luffy could even reinforce his Haki to make it even stronger. This would mean that he could even make his fists harder and pack an even more menacing punch.

Of course all of luffy's attacks have some trade off like Luffy canít maintain a full second gear for a long time and his third gear would make him chibi afterwards. So the trade here would be that he would lose his stretching ability and the ability to absorb impact as that was the property of rubber. This can go with Luffy knack of developing new attacks and his not thinking the consequences of those attacks like one time in Arlong arc he put his legs in the cement and could move afterwards. Of course Luffy could eventually learn new ways to go around the weakness like how Luffy now goes second gear to a certain part of body like just his arm to avoid using up more energy than needed, and like how in gear third he allows some part to not be inflated. He could shrink some part of his body like his skin and leave other part normal so that his skin would act like the armor that Luffy always wanted (won't he just say AWESOME?). And he could reinforce it with haki to have the same effect. In times when he is in close combat he could sacrifice his blunt defense to gain even more blunt offence plus immunity to slashing attacks which are mostly close combat.

Other effects of shrinking his body would be the raising of his body's melting and boiling point and the closer the atoms are, the more potent the forces of attraction is and the higher the melting and boiling point will be so he could even gain an immunity to fire.
    So my idea of gear 4 is the combination of strong defence and power as it hardens the body so the punches and kicks are more powerful. He really needs something to defend against too, if he encounters guys like hawkeye.

This is my suggestion, I wish that I could tell Mr. Eiichiro Oda about it but I donít know how to reach him. If you like my idea and have the means then please tell him about it.

~~~JDGear4

Wow, a newbie dusting off the old threads. Interesting approach to enter this forum, though by no means did you sell yourself short. Your idea is rather intriguing, and you cover the hax ability of it with practical sacrifices. You may want to search for a real-life process, as both current Gears are possible/based on factual bodily enhancements. Welcome to the forums though.