Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JDGear4 View Post
    Gear 4, An Idea

This is my suggestion, I wish that I could tell Mr. Eiichiro Oda about it but I donít know how to reach him. If you like my idea and have the means then please tell him about it.

~~~JDGear4
    Dude, I go out drinking with "Eiichi" every weekend. I could pass along your idea to him, although I've never really talked about One Piece with him. Now I don't want to make him think it was my idea, you know; that would be just f'd up. You sure you want me to tell him? It'd just suck to have that idea stolen right out from under you and no one to believe you.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Wink

Sure if that makes you feel better then go on ahead your "Eiichi" must be some friend huh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JDGear4 View Post
    Sure if that makes you feel better then go on ahead your "Eiichi" must be some friend huh!!!
    Did you really expect anyone here to know Oda? -_-
    Last edited by aggeroff; 11-30-2012 at 04:57 AM.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

well there was a time that some people thought that i was oda trolling the threads lol.
    but really i thoguht this gear 4 thing was done and over with.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    Did you really expect anyone here to know Oda? -_-
    Well no! but I want this idea to be spread around so...

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Dude, I go out drinking with "Eiichi" every weekend. I could pass along your idea to him, although I've never really talked about One Piece with him. Now I don't want to make him think it was my idea, you know; that would be just f'd up. You sure you want me to tell him? It'd just suck to have that idea stolen right out from under you and no one to believe you.
    You're so cruel xioa lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    You're so cruel xioa lol
    Yeah, he sure is lol. Anyway, guys help the dude.....lol
    I'm sure Oda will throw out the idea just because it came from a fanboy....lmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

__________________________________________________ __________________________
    Currently planning war strategies at a tea party with Madara, Kabuto, Zetsu and Sasuke.

Yay, lets all play zombie and feast upon this corpse!!!

That said, I was disappointed to see Vergo be the first to exhibit what I thought would surely be the closest Luffy would come to having a "Gear 4th". And then he got it pwned so completely :-(

Your condensing idea was a good one...and plausible! Either way, Luffy is gonna HAVE to learn how to use a sword or something--sure all of the greats have a weakness, but they always have some way to accomodate/make up for it.

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post

That said, I was disappointed to see Vergo be the first to exhibit what I thought would surely be the closest Luffy would come to having a "Gear 4th". And then he got it pwned so completely :-(

Your condensing idea was a good one...and plausible! Either way, Luffy is gonna HAVE to learn how to use a sword or something--sure all of the greats have a weakness, but they always have some way to accomodate/make up for it.
    Idk. We've seen Luffy excel at the blunt, brute force weapon of his body. If he started using an actual weapon like a sword or ax, it would take away his uniqueness. Now, if he did develope some level of conpressing his body into a density that rivals or surpasses what Vergo was presumably able to perform and then still maintained his elasticity, I believe he could really apply some sharper weaponry as part of his own body. To clarify, he could condense his arms or legs, turning them flat as if like a sword or ax blade, and then perform Gum Gum Whip/Spear/Ax/etc, turning these type attacks into more devastating maneuvers and a lot more relateable to their weapon named inspiration.

However, ultimately it comes down to how plausible compressing one's body is within the real world. As I said before, both current Gears are plausible/relateable to real life processes, and a speculative Gear 4 must be as well.

Wow, a newbie dusting off the old threads. Interesting approach to enter this forum, though by no means did you sell yourself short. Your idea is rather intriguing, and you cover the hax ability of it with practical sacrifices. You may want to search for a real-life process, as both current Gears are possible/based on factual bodily enhancements. Welcome to the forums though.

However, ultimately it comes down to how plausible compressing one's body is within the real world. As I said before, both current Gears are plausible/relateable to real life processes, and a speculative Gear 4 must be as well.
    Really how plausible/ possible is Gear 3rd?..
    In any form in real life; just don't see it.

Idk. We've seen Luffy excel at the blunt, brute force weapon of his body. If he started using an actual weapon like a sword or ax, it would take away his uniqueness. Now, if he did develope some level of conpressing his body into a density that rivals or surpasses what Vergo was presumably able to perform and then still maintained his elasticity, I believe he could really apply some sharper weaponry as part of his own body. To clarify, he could condense his arms or legs, turning them flat as if like a sword or ax blade, and then perform Gum Gum Whip/Spear/Ax/etc, turning these type attacks into more devastating maneuvers and a lot more relateable to their weapon named inspiration.
    Whenever this comes up, reminds me of OP movie 6/7 (not sure, 1 with bad stupid mechanical guy, not plant bad guy. This movie was also 1 of the first indications of Gear 2nd) Luffy's/ the StrawHats combined attack in which he literally just sliced through the whole complex. Yes I realize not necessarily canon, but other than movie 10 closest to being possibly canon. Anyway point is it shows he can produce or the possibility allowing for a sharp edge when he wants to is there, the problem lies in sufficient speed/ momentum/ rotation to achieve it. And that was even before Gear 2nd was introduced, so imagine the possibilities...
    Keep in mind though this was a thing a lifeless machine so Luffy could really cut loose. But a or the real problem lies in Luffy/ Oda speaking thru Luffy never really wants to eviscerate opponents like that, even at his angriest he just wants to defeat them. Think that's why we don't see those type attacks even though they should've been possible even from Luffy at his lesser strength/ abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post

That said, I was disappointed to see Vergo be the first to exhibit what I thought would surely be the closest Luffy would come to having a "Gear 4th". And then he got it pwned so completely
    Not necessarily that 'closest', since according to Joker, that was pure haki, Luffy's Gear #w.e. would have to be some combination of rubber abilities + haki CoA. Plus in that situation believe Luffy would be smart enough to not disperse haki to whole body, as he hasn't so far. It should be easier to defend Law's fruit ability by focusing a CoA fist or arm, and I don't think Luffy's is as weak as 1 might think in the haki department, primarily since he's probably generally stronger( tougher, more resilient from his natural body without haki) than Vergo should be. (i. e. Gear 3rd's absolute bullet reflection/ refraction)
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy