Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KidA View Post
    umm well this is off the top of my head....but luffy has rubber like organs and muscles and stuff, right? so im thinking luffy could supercoil a pair of antagnistic muscles (ie bicep and tricep,etc) this would change the overall shape of the muscle making it like a...quintinary structure....with is stronger....and so yeh this would increase his strength.....lol this works in my head but there could easily be some problems with this. Ands the side affect is that the mucles becmome loose and take to "tighten up again" - sceintifically this could be because the disulfide bonds in the proteins would be strained when the muscle was coiled - and so if luffy did this in his arms.....his arms would become limp and floppy, same effect if he did it to his legs.

what ya think? plausible?
    By supercoiling it, yes you do get a more stable structure, but that will make the muscles more spastic-->less flexible. Muscles are not DNA. There's a reason that muscles are organized into sarcomere units of overlapping actin and myosin chains. Supercoiling will not only require more energy, thus more ATP, to produce the muscle contraction, but also disort the sarcomere itself, reducing the tension produced overall.

Also, if you haven't noticed, Luffy has a lot of punches that involve coiling - Rifle.

-Med student

I agree with the people who are saying that there will be no Gear 4 unless you count Haki upgraded Gear 2nd+Gear 3rd another gear.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

yeh i get it now i guess, we havent really started on muscles in A2 yet...i was just thinking it terms how to increase muscle ppower...yeh the gomu gomu rifle was sort of what i was going for ... but stronger... meh i'll think of something else

also i got no clue what haki is, only just finshed enies lobby arc, trying not to google it or it will ruin it for me.

If a gear 4th is included it could be something along the lines of strain crystallization. It's a process that happens to certain rubbers most notably natural rubber. From what I've read it can be fulfilled by over straining the rubber around certain temperatures which causes it to strengthen on retraction and I suppose it makes the rubber less elastic the more crystallization is done to it.

I don't know the full details on it but if I were to guess it would probably be a "final getsuga"(For bleach fans who know what I'm talking about) job which would mean he could lose the ability to be do rubbery moves forever but have some super strong skin to replace it. Though, like I said, I don't know that much on strain crystallization except it's to do with straining the rubber to get crystallization and it strengthens the material. I don't know all of it's effects, the actual way in which it's done(I believe you can do it a few ways like less strain and more heat). Or if it's reverse-able.

One Piece

i thourt the conbinatino of his 2nd and 3rd was his 4th gear but if its not perhaps it will increas anothr one of his aspects

eg 2nd gear he is fast and strong his weakness is that hes small he can egsert a lot of damege but only on a small area

eg 3rd gear he is not as strong as he is with 2nd gear but his attcks r alot lager and he can hurt larger enimes with ease the drawback is that is only power by his natral strenth as in he gets no boost in strenth on is activatin

eg 4th gear cold be like what he used in the thriller bark saga were he activated both 2nd and 3rd gear at the same time in this inprovised technec he gande a large body and super human speed and streanth the way he used that tecneac was by throwing his large body at super high speed by using his 2nd gear

or perhaps im wrong and its something comleatly different or mabey there will be no 4th gear

Quote Originally Posted by duky View Post
    i thourt the conbinatino of his 2nd and 3rd was his 4th gear but if its not perhaps it will increas anothr one of his aspects

eg 2nd gear he is fast and strong his weakness is that hes small he can egsert a lot of damege but only on a small area

eg 3rd gear he is not as strong as he is with 2nd gear but his attcks r alot lager and he can hurt larger enimes with ease the drawback is that is only power by his natral strenth as in he gets no boost in strenth on is activatin

eg 4th gear cold be like what he used in the thriller bark saga were he activated both 2nd and 3rd gear at the same time in this inprovised technec he gande a large body and super human speed and streanth the way he used that tecneac was by throwing his large body at super high speed by using his 2nd gear

or perhaps im wrong and its something comleatly different or mabey there will be no 4th gear
    No 4th gear. Plain and simple. Also, 2nd gear is speed and 3rd gear is strength. The reason why 2nd gear is so strong is because of how fast he is.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

this thread will never die..................................... it needs closed lol. but no gear 4 like X said.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    No 4th gear. Plain and simple. Also, 2nd gear is speed and 3rd gear is strength. The reason why 2nd gear is so strong is because of how fast he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    this thread will never die..................................... it needs closed lol. but no gear 4 like X said.
    Utter poppycock, the both of you!

Of course Luffy will have a Fourth Gear! With it, he'll be able to travel at speeds of 45 - 55 mph!!!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WON'T HONOR MY PIRATE KING DISCOUNT!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Utter poppycock, the both of you!

Of course Luffy will have a Fourth Gear! With it, he'll be able to travel at speeds of 45 - 55 mph!!!
    I get it, it's a joke! Cause G2 Luffy moves at the speed of sound, which is 700mph. You're funny.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

I get it, it's a joke!
    YES!

Cause G2 Luffy moves at the speed of sound, which is 700mph
    NO! *facepalm*

Cars, man. Cars. Manual transmission vehicles. Wikiped-it!

You're funny.
    *pause* Indeed.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WON'T HONOR MY PIRATE KING DISCOUNT!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.