Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Luffy's already bound to have one of the strongest punches in OPU with his haki being what it is, add in the speed of G2 or the extra power of his giant G3 and I don't see the need for a G4.

It would be cool for him to get a new rubber power (like the gears) but I see no need for it.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

yeah man i mean i agree that kind of what i was getting at.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lol I wasn't replying to your post, I just felt I should put my opinion in here
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

IK i was agreeing with your post sorry if it sounded like i was saying something else i just meant you had a great idea
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Initiate

One Piece

Hello, I'm Arrol, new here.

It's true that Luffy is pretty strong, but it seems the gears are made for adapting to enemies unique advantages, giving some order to his brawler fighting style.
    The current two gears are opposite one another, speed over strength (precise), the other is strength over speed (mass). In a way they are rubber-band & balloon, or thin & fat...

The next gear will probably be the next body type, muscular. Not just simple added mass, but a condensed hardening of strength through haki (where he focuses the power inside), like a WHEEL. This also turns his skin black (or blue/purple) from the pressure, also like a wheel.

Advantages: Allows Luffy to touch Logia users, and produce an haki aura shield. His punches also have a ruff friction do to the aura. He can also do a focused half 4th, for just his fist or foot.

Drawbacks: Luffy can't stretch, so he only activates this when close on an opponent. He also is physically harm-able, so enemies can make him bleed when active. After released he could get older looking (wrinkly) or just take a while for his fruit to reactivate.

Future: Luffy learns to combine the speed of 2, the mass of 3, and the pressure of 4 (not all at once) into more devastating normal attacks.

The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    gear 4 = super saiyan 5 and ^ it aint gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by dct21 View Post
    gear 4 = super saiyan 5 and ^ it aint gonna happen
    Don't tell me you've expected all those Saiyan levels?

The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    Don't tell me you've expected all those Saiyan levels?
    no way the dbz series was already over by the time i started reading it. as far as im concerned ss4 doesn't count

One Piece Gear 4th - supercoiled muscles

umm well this is off the top of my head....but luffy has rubber like organs and muscles and stuff, right? so im thinking luffy could supercoil a pair of antagnistic muscles (ie bicep and tricep,etc) this would change the overall shape of the muscle making it like a...quintinary structure....with is stronger....and so yeh this would increase his strength.....lol this works in my head but there could easily be some problems with this. Ands the side affect is that the mucles becmome loose and take to "tighten up again" - sceintifically this could be because the disulfide bonds in the proteins would be strained when the muscle was coiled - and so if luffy did this in his arms.....his arms would become limp and floppy, same effect if he did it to his legs.

what ya think? plausible?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrol Howze View Post
    Hello, I'm Arrol, new here.

It's true that Luffy is pretty strong, but it seems the gears are made for adapting to enemies unique advantages, giving some order to his brawler fighting style.
    The current two gears are opposite one another, speed over strength (precise), the other is strength over speed (mass). In a way they are rubber-band & balloon, or thin & fat...

The next gear will probably be the next body type, muscular. Not just simple added mass, but a condensed hardening of strength through haki (where he focuses the power inside), like a WHEEL. This also turns his skin black (or blue/purple) from the pressure, also like a wheel.

Advantages: Allows Luffy to touch Logia users, and produce an haki aura shield. His punches also have a ruff friction do to the aura. He can also do a focused half 4th, for just his fist or foot.

Drawbacks: Luffy can't stretch, so he only activates this when close on an opponent. He also is physically harm-able, so enemies can make him bleed when active. After released he could get older looking (wrinkly) or just take a while for his fruit to reactivate.

Future: Luffy learns to combine the speed of 2, the mass of 3, and the pressure of 4 (not all at once) into more devastating normal attacks.
    i like this^ and yeh i think your right about the 4th gear being focused on strengh, sort of inspired me to write my own gear...

alhtough...im not that far into the series (only just finshed the enies lobby arc) so i dont know anyhting about haki