Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

One Piece Monkey D. Luffy: Gear 4th?

To become the strongest, Luffy will doubtlessly continue to evolve. Gear 2nd and 3rd would not guarantee his victories in the future, especially in the New World. There is little doubt that in the future, Luffy shall develop a fourth gear.

So, what's the fourth gear consisted of? And what will be the fourth gear's side effect? What price will Luffy pay in order to surpass his own limitation? Keep it in mind that so far Gear 2nd and 3rd are theoretically plausible from a scientific perspective.
    Last edited by DukeTheGold; 05-18-2008 at 02:36 AM.

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    why Duke why? I thought you were above creating a topic like this.

There will not be a gear four, as these gear maneuvers are too similar to super saiyan levels. A fourth gear would included what abilities that the previous three gears already have? Yes three gears people;

[1] normal luffy - normal levels of speed and power

[2] pressurized luffy - high levels of speed and power

[3] inflated luffy - high level of power although no speed

[4] son goku luffy - Luffy dons a long blond wig and shoots off energy blasts.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

I'm not good with science, but Luffy's next move IMO might have an equal risk to that of Gear Third. In Gear Second he gains speed and strength, in Gear Third he gains strength, but loses speed. So Gear Fourth might just be an ability that will gain Luffy speed but it makes him sacrifice strength.

Now after Luffy uses Gear Second he's very exhausted, though this can be overcome if he eats. When Luffy is done using Gear Third he shrinks. This is by far the worst after side effect of any of the Gears that Luffy has displayed. Though we don't know much about the shrunken form, it's shown that Luffy doesn't have the ability to stretch, also his strength and speed are greatly reduced in this form, not to mention he's left almost completely defenseless against an opponent.

Gear Second is the most powerful of the two we have seen so far, but the Gear Third for some reason has the worse side effects. If Gear Fourth is in fact an ability that increases speed, but sacrifices strength, then it's side effects might be similar to it's Gear Third counterpart. Though a shrunken state is unlikely after using Gear Fourth, I still believe the negative side effects of Gear Third would be similar. In some way Luffy's body would be changed and he would be left pretty much defenseless in front of a opponent if his Gear Fourth fails.

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood

I think the 4th gear will be.....GIANT LUFFY. Instead of just a part of his body increasing in size and mass, he pumps enough air to increase his whole body. Since is 4th gear probably allow him to keep a certain degree of speed or gear 2 speed but the sideeffects be very very severe.
    Or we can just leave it to Choppa and give Luffy a Rumble Ball and let the Paramecia fruit and Luffy become something really weird lol

That would be a lame ass 4th gear. I want something new. Gear 2nd was awesome, it had jet streams shooting out of him and shit. Gear 3rd just seemed like one of those cliche powerups, I hope Gear 4th isn't cheesy.

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

I know but what else can he do... pump air threw his body gear 2 cause of rubber boddy. Pump air threw bone to expand the rubber organs gear 3. There is nothing else besides making his whole body expand. unless as previously mentioned, they power him up like a SS3 thing.. something just magical. Which cause of the previous power ups, a bit scientifical in nature, i dont think magic power up will happen.

Giant luffy would be nice:O

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luimac View Post
    I know but what else can he do... pump air threw his body gear 2 cause of rubber boddy. Pump air threw bone to expand the rubber organs gear 3. There is nothing else besides making his whole body expand. unless as previously mentioned, they power him up like a SS3 thing.. something just magical. Which cause of the previous power ups, a bit scientifical in nature, i dont think magic power up will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by samurai View Post
    I agree. I doubt there will be a fourth gear.
    Yes this is what I was thinking as well. Rubber is a simple ingredient that really can not do that much. What Gear two and three are is about it on the ways rubber can really be used in the fighting abilities categories.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

Was anyone here honestly expecting Luffy to use his DF to pump his blood faster or inflate his bones? I sure as hell wasn't expecting Luffy to do anything technical like that. As far as we know, there are many, many other things Luffy can do with his rubber state.

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood

Quote Originally Posted by Jink View Post
    Was anyone here honestly expecting Luffy to use his DF to pump his blood faster or inflate his bones? I sure as hell wasn't expecting Luffy to do anything technical like that. As far as we know, there are many, many other things Luffy can do with his rubber state.
    Agreed. No telling what's going through that thick skull of his. XD