Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Will there be any difference in the quality on Crunchyroll between paid subscriptions and the free release you have to wait a week later to watch?

What I take from it is that paid subscribers can watch in HD (meaning the intended quality, so it would be a better video quality than that of Dattebayo) I suppose that those who haven't paid can only watch on the highest res on the streaming window, like regular streaming on crunchyroll.

Yea i checked it out already crunchyroll provides the episodes free albeit one wk later...but it doesnt really matter since most ppl will be on the same wavelength no? However im not sure how it is for the peeps in US but where i am in asia the stream speeds arent fantastic...u will probably need to wait a while for it to load..but quality wise its pretty ok...better than standard youtube but not as gd as the high quality version. However it must be noted that there are MANY animes that are accessible to only US IPs..however luckily Shippuden is worldwide so yea...

ill probably watch em on crunchroll, but ive noticed ya can't d/l them or buy their episodes, that shit better start soon or ill be a tad irate. I dont wanna wait for a dvd to come out when i already have the first 90 eps from DB already...

I know some people maybe pissed about this but I will not pay one cent to watch any episode of Naruto..................Why you say and I will answer why not.
    IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHERE I'M FROM TAKE A LOOK HERE MY FRIEND:
    Spoiler!

I'd be willing to pay if they are offered in their original HD quality or a quality comparable to Dattebayo. But as it is right now, I watched a few minutes of the first episodes the other day and the quality, to me at least, is crap. Average flash streaming quality, even on Hulu with their 480p option there is a greater amount of pixelization than with DB's releases.

Combine that with the giant ass Viz Media logo on the screen, the poor video display options, no download option(yet or that I see), the need to leave your internet browser open, all the filler junk of comments and text and ads and thumbnails of other episodes in your way if you don't watch it in full screen. Their subtitles are ok I guess, they are a little ruff and lackluster, I still prefer DB's. But it's still a better alternative to Cartoon Networked Naruto.

I'd much rather have Dattebayo's high quality subs playing in VLC set to 16:9 in fullscreen. But it is still free and still a better option for those of use that don't like the Cartoon Network version and/or don't want to wait years for Cartoon Network to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by IDRISCKY View Post
    I'd be willing to pay if they are offered in their original HD quality or a quality comparable to Dattebayo. But as it is right now, I watched a few minutes of the first episodes the other day and the quality, to me at least, is crap. Average flash streaming quality, even on Hulu with their 480p option there is a greater amount of pixelization than with DB's releases.

Combine that with the giant ass Viz Media logo on the screen, the poor video display options, no download option(yet or that I see), the need to leave your internet browser open, all the filler junk of comments and text and ads and thumbnails of other episodes in your way if you don't watch it in full screen. Their subtitles are ok I guess, they are a little ruff and lackluster, I still prefer DB's. But it's still a better alternative to Cartoon Networked Naruto.

I'd much rather have Dattebayo's high quality subs playing in VLC set to 16:9 in fullscreen. But it is still free and still a better option for those of use that don't like the Cartoon Network version and/or don't want to wait years for Cartoon Network to catch up.
    Before I begin, let me remind you that they haven't even started providing the Full HD quality yet. They will begin supplying it once people are able to start paying, which is on next week's naruto shippuuden release. Now as I begin, I also remind you that Hulu won't provide full HD, as they are in conjuncture with Viz to simply host the episodes. Alright then.

You have to pay to get the full quality, you realize on crunchyroll they have the h.264 option, yet it doesn't look that way in reality. It's just a standard to the streaming quality, not the actual video quality. And I assure you, once you pay, you get the full HD quality. Ideally, viz, joost, and hulu are just there for people to watch it for free. Crunchyroll actually made the deal directly with TV Tokyo, as they are asking for payment to watch the episodes, thus the people would have to have access to the fullest quality. Otherwise, it would undermine the whole reason of trying to bring down fansubbing as lower quality video at the very least will be offensive to the audience they want to reach.

Quote Originally Posted by escapeejm View Post
    I know some people maybe pissed about this but I will not pay one cent to watch any episode of Naruto..................Why you say and I will answer why not.
    That's fine, it's completely understandable.

Yeah, I have no problem paying 60 bucks a year to watch it in good quality. It's only $60 after all, and we have been getting it for free for many years. I have never used Hulu before this, and haven't used Crunchyroll at all. I really hate flash video, so I was only going off of what I got from the Naruto.com and Hulu streams.

My only concern is if I put down $60 for a full year and the quality doesn't turn out to be better. That would be paying for something that is already offered for free. I'm not saying you are lying or anything, but I tend not to believe something until I see it actually happen. Things companies plan to offer or promise will be available get changed or canceled all the time for different reasons, or end up being flat out lies. But I'll be waiting to see if Crunchyroll is worth it, and if it is, I have no problem at all paying 60 bucks a year.

I don't know about anyone else, but thanks to all the great scanlations and fansubs I haven't actually ever bought anything Naruto retail. So to me $60 is a very small price to pay for higher [video] quality and giving back to the creator and people that make Naruto.

Well it's suppose to be streamed full screen most likely, to fit the high definition. They even state it themselves in their press releases that they would provide high definition. Also, paying w/e the amount you would end up paying isn't only for naruto. It's for all of the anime that they have on crunchyroll and at the highest quality at that, also one hour after they air in Japan, so it's a decent deal. We just have to see how they pull it off.

Do they plan to offer Bleach also then? Because the DB press release didn't mention anything about them stopping Bleach also. I guess it is only Naruto because of Viz airing it on Naruto.com.