Page 84 of 95 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    Chapter 523

Funny how both of the main villains of this series aren't completely bad. In fact I think most bad guys in this series aren't completely bad, which is why so many join Kenichi once they lose to him.
    Figured that out a long time ago. Except for maybe Junazard (I think that's how you spell it), I think that dude was really evil.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

In Shonen manga, evil is determined by the intent of the doer, but in the real world evil is determined by the deed. If Kensei knew that Tanaka's wife was pregnant, and if he had the ability to escape her attacks but chose instead to kill her because of some bogus equality of martial arts bull, then he's evil to my eyes.

Love for martial arts is a lame excuse for heinous acts.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    In Shonen manga, evil is determined by the intent of the doer, but in the real world evil is determined by the deed.
    Actually in the real world evil is still determined by the intent. That's why there's killing for self-defence and the difference between manslaughter and murder. And insanity pleas.

Of course, you get punished either way, and it should be the same here. What Kensei thought wasn't important, he should still be answerable to a higher authority or to a judgement by his peers. And also the difference between Satsujin-ken and Katsujin-ken. That's why it's so important for Kenichi's growth that Tanaka doesn't step into Katsujin-ken.

Chapter 124 is out.

Pretty god damn brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Actually in the real world evil is still determined by the intent. That's why there's killing for self-defence and the difference between manslaughter and murder. And insanity pleas.

Of course, you get punished either way, and it should be the same here. What Kensei thought wasn't important, he should still be answerable to a higher authority or to a judgement by his peers. And also the difference between Satsujin-ken and Katsujin-ken. That's why it's so important for Kenichi's growth that Tanaka doesn't step into Katsujin-ken.
    Of course you are right. What I really meant is a little more complex than what I said. For instance, Kensei loves Martial Arts so his intent is to take martial arts to its fullest expression as he sees/understands it. Kenichi said last episode that he can't hate Kenichi because his love for martial arts is sincere

Spoiler!

Even when on the previous page, Kenichi acknowledges him to be a murderer "the dark one whose principle is murder" (MANGAPANDA translation.

In the reaal world, the Love of Martial arts would not excuse Murder, neither would the love of Birds, the planet (G.W.) or anything else.

In the same way, Orochimaru and Sasuke would probably get away without a trial or even a pardon. Never mind that Orochimarum is their version of Adolph Hitler's Joseph Mengele.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Wow... 524 was nasty O_O
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Chapter 525

Spoiler!
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

I have to say the image of Tanaka-san with his wife and child showing them the way to Kenichi was pretty powerful
    My name is Corey and I am an asshole. I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge in every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with random women, and just generally act like a raging dick head. I contribute to society in no way what so ever

Proud fan of the Oujou White Knights!

^ I agree and iirc this the first time someone died from the good side.

sig made by me

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    ^ I agree and iirc this the first time someone died from the good side.
    Exactly what i was going to say...the first time that someone from the 'good' side died. Though it would have been better and a form of release for him. Like he would probably have killed himself even if he had won i think...still i expected kensei to look more beat up than that...and that's alot more blood on his hands now...and about his whole good/evil alignment thing i would consider him somewhat chaotic neutral for MMO ppl