Page 92 of 95 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
    Expert Class then?

I know the series is titles Disciple, but I hate seeing Kenichi take on "fodder" characters when the main "bad guys" are still wrecking the place. I always think back to the time when Ryouzanpaku was going against Yami and Sasaki told Kenichi that he would join them eventually(or something similar). How awesome would it be for him to fight alongside his masters and make a true contribution.

I get that Masters vs Disciples are wrong and thus unlikely to happen unless the person is crazy like Silcardo, but it also means that the masters are so far ahead that its an impossible for a disciple to do something if the fight goes south.

As a new reader I can't help but hope for a time skip to allow a power increase, but I'd like to hear from longtime readers if this timeskip would kill the series or if it would make it better.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd definitely like the idea of seeing Kenichi being at Master level someday. He's an amalgamation of all his masters and I just find Sei Ki to be just great. I'd like to see Sei Ki user's version of the fighting styles of Sakaki and Apachai.

It's just that... I dunno, Kenichi at Master level would be utterly crazy and would put all of his masters to the wayside as characters. I do think that would be an appropriate ending, though, just like how I thought that Yahiko at the ending of Rurouni Kenshin was very nice.

The nice thing about the series is that there are a lot of disciple level characters who aren't really fodder. Shou Kanno was awesome, and I think Berserker and that blind guy whose name I forgot would put Kenichi through the grinder. I'd like to see Kenichi establish himself first as without peer in his class. Heck, right now even Miu would beat him in a straight up fight without effort.

EDIT: Oh, and also, IMHO Master level fights are kinda tedious. I think Master level fights are best used as plot devices rather than as straight up fights. Master-level fights usually end up as more telling than showing. Kenichi's fights are less ridiculous versions of his Master's fights, and that's what usually makes them a better watch.

Chapter 559

Spoiler!
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Chapter 560

Spoiler!

Are Kenichi and his gang outnumbered? How many disciples does the enemy have anyway? If they are outnumbered then they're in trouble since even if they are even on numbers Kenichis team would still lose for they really just have a weak team compared to the enemy. Heck some of them shouldn't even be there. Some needs to turn side like Hermit and Chikage and/or Kenichi needs to whoop serious ass and take down at least three enemies.

sig made by me

Yep, I do expect some of the Yomi members to swap sides. Wonder if the Shinpaku Alliance members will fight in sync with each other to a similar but lesser degree than the Ryouzanpaku masters.

If others don't join in or change sides, SA will probably lose. Berserker was giving Kenichi a tough time and Lugh matched Ikki. Should be some epic fights ahead, but where the hell is elder?

At least keep us informed on whats happening with him and Ganosuke.

Chapter 561

Spoiler!

I just realized that most of the Executioner Blade Disciples are very very similar to their masters. Is that by design, or was it a cheap way differentiate them from each other without putting much effort into them? Personally I think its the latter. I enjoyed the way the character profile was built for the Yomi members. But I guess it makes sense considering the Ragnarok and YOMI arcs played out much the same way.

Also wondering who is the other master of Kajima Satomi, and whether or not Saiga is really a bad guy. Seems more likely that someone else is pulling the strings. Hmm.

I think executioner's blade masters and disciple are mostly throwaway characters anyway.

Chapter 562

Spoiler!