Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Shippuuden's animation

Right now, im watching some of the early episodes of Naruto for a little project i have and DAMN! how fun and exciting the series was!. Wao, the creators really lost it, Now it feels like they are just doing it to milk the cow, nothing more.

Every episode was exciting and the animation was TOP NOTCH! years ahead from the stuff i am seeing on shippudden (my opinion at least).

I just felt nostalgic!

sorry guys =/

Lost in fathomed infinity Freakshow's Avatar
    Pointless indeed... But then again, what other threads in Naruto section aren't?.. Can't think of any XD

Yeah, well, it also happened with Bleach. When it became such a hit, they couldn't let it die so soon.

P.S: What project are you working on?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuii View Post
    Right now, im watching some of the early episodes of Naruto for a little project i have and DAMN! how fun and exciting the series was!. Wao, the creators really lost it, Now it feels like they are just doing it to milk the cow, nothing more.

Every episode was exciting and the animation was TOP NOTCH! years ahead from the stuff i am seeing on shippudden (my opinion at least).

I just felt nostalgic!

sorry guys =/
    Totally agree, with everything. The animation on shippuuden is suffering badly. And its like they know it sucks but don't care because Naruto has such a huge fanbase that it won't be losing anytime soon.
    LeggoMyWebbo

Exclamation

Shippuden has a different pace than the original Naruto its not that the story is milking for cash its just that it doesnt always translate as well or as exciting in anime.

You find the same is true of some books when you read them they are amazing but when translated to a movie may be boring and make you wonder if this is the same story you liked before.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    Shippuden has a different pace than the original Naruto its not that the story is milking for cash its just that it doesnt always translate as well or as exciting in anime.

You find the same is true of some books when you read them they are amazing but when translated to a movie may be boring and make you wonder if this is the same story you liked before.
    I totallly understand the part about the story, in my case atleast, the story isn't the issue. Its the sucky animation. Its like they draw 4 pictures for the whole ep and just make their mouths move. Nothing compared to the passion they put into the animation for Naruto.
    LeggoMyWebbo

This is going to sound stupid but in the early days did anyone get the feeling they were basically copying the manga art and colouring in? Because I remember a couple of times when in certain filler sections the art went downhill. A case in point being the beginning of episode 71. There's a bit where Tamari sets traps for Sasuke as he's chasing them that was never in the manga. Just look at the quality of the animation during that sequence and how it improves once they go back to showing us Sarutobi vs Orochimaru.

And can anyone remember the argument recently over the Team 10 vs Hidan and Kakuze fight? Excellent fight let down by the dip in quality of the animation during the extended fight scene. I think its obvious the animation staff are cutting corners. Its just a case of when and how.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Quote Originally Posted by thsv View Post
    This is going to sound stupid but in the early days did anyone get the feeling they were basically copying the manga art and colouring in? Because I remember a couple of times when in certain filler sections the art went downhill. A case in point being the beginning of episode 71. There's a bit where Tamari sets traps for Sasuke as he's chasing them that was never in the manga. Just look at the quality of the animation during that sequence and how it improves once they go back to showing us Sarutobi vs Orochimaru.

And can anyone remember the argument recently over the Team 10 vs Hidan and Kakuze fight? Excellent fight let down by the dip in quality of the animation during the extended fight scene. I think its obvious the animation staff are cutting corners. Its just a case of when and how.
    I don't know if they were coloring in the actual manga and moving from there, but it certainly looks like it and the time and effort would shine through in the end. About Ep 71 I'll take a look even though I never noticed it.

Team 10 vs Hidan and Kakuzu did lack a little in the detail department but I felt that the fight actually had some movement, and rythm to it. Sort of reminded me of some of the Naruto fight sequences.
    LeggoMyWebbo

Quote Originally Posted by CiTo_Uchiha View Post
    I don't know if they were coloring in the actual manga and moving from there, but it certainly looks like it and the time and effort would shine through in the end. About Ep 71 I'll take a look even though I never noticed it.

Team 10 vs Hidan and Kakuzu did lack a little in the detail department but I felt that the fight actually had some movement, and rythm to it. Sort of reminded me of some of the Naruto fight sequences.
    The reason I brought it up was if you watch the anime carefully there are certain scenes that appear exactly as they did in the manga (just in colour). I'll give you a recent example. Watch the whole Naruto vs Kakuze fight carefully, then read the manga. It's more than just key moments.

Shows how sad I am because this has bugged me for a while now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Quote Originally Posted by thsv View Post
    The reason I brought it up was if you watch the anime carefully there are certain scenes that appear exactly as they did in the manga (just in colour). I'll give you a recent example. Watch the whole Naruto vs Kakuze fight carefully, then read the manga. It's more than just key moments.

Shows how sad I am because this has bugged me for a while now.
    Good eyes you got there. I never noticed it but you are right especially about the ep. 71 Temari and Sasuke thing. The Kakuzu vs Naruto I can see but not as noticeable like ep. 71, I guess because I'm already expecting shotty work from shippuuden.

I wonder if Kishi minds that they are butchering his work, or maybe he does mind but he has the 'who can complain when making this much dough' mentality, who knows. All in all I'd watch Naruto any day of the week before watching shipuuden. Its sad too because there are so many great fights that people just can't wait to see animated.
    LeggoMyWebbo