Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Lost in fathomed infinity Freakshow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ydoc View Post
    not really based off of any myth, just off of that tanuki raccoon dog lol.
    Shrine priest in disguise as a tanuki...

Freakshow is correct. The first tail is derived from a Chinese myth.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Freakshow is correct. The first tail is derived from a Chinese myth.
    "According to some fans, the "Legend of the Tailed Beasts" is an epic story from Japanese folklore which Naruto author Masashi Kishimoto draws from to create the Tailed Beasts in his work. However, it is an example of internet-based fakelore which originated on Chinese websites, some suspect this chinese site.[1]

The veracity of the legend breaks when it is cross-referenced with non-fandom sources on Japanese folklore. For example, the isonade, which is held to be the Three-Tails in this account, is in fact equipped with only one large, hook-covered tail; and the hōkō which is actually a Chinese creature called a pénghoú, named as the Five-Tails, has no tail at all. The badger was said to be the lord of all the Tailed Beasts in the original legend, and Naruto fans have claimed that a certain Tailed Beast to be a badger instead of it's true form, which was a tanuki for the One-Tailed Shukaku.

Additionally the author of the story admitted it was not a true legend, unfortunately it has gone largely unnoticed by most fans of the story."

forgive me but i could not find any truth to the myth that a shrine priests soul was sealed in a tea kettle i did however find a myth about a tanuki would would shape shift into a teakettle. so the tanuki is the teakettel hes not sealed in it. here is the story i have found. *note there seem to be 2 different versions of this story but both have the tanuki transforming into the kettle. in the anime the

"TANUKI MAGIC TEAKETTLE

Long ago it is said that there was a holy man that lived at a temple in Japan. He taught holy practices. The old man took great pleasure in the ancient tea ceremonies. He liked taking kettles and fixing them up. One day, the old man bought a rusty old kettle from a shop in an alley. He took it to the temple and polished it and fixed the cracks. It was ready for tea the next day. The old man showed the kettle to his pupils. They thought the kettle was beautiful. The old man put some water in the kettle and placed it on the stove. The kettle started spinning around and around on the stove. Then it started screaming,"Oh help! Ouch,ouch,ouch it's hot! Get me out!" The holy man and his pupils jumped away from the spinning teakettle. Then the kettle grew a face, a tail, arms and legs. It was a tanuki! The holy man decided the tanuki teakettle was cursed and must not stay in the temple. So the next day when a tinker passed by the temple, the holy man said,"Tinker, you may have this teakettle for next to nothing." "You are very generous. Thank you very much." And the tinker went off with the bewitched teakettle. The tinker went home and made himself some tea with his new teakettle.Again the teakettle acted up. But before the tinker got scared the tanuki teakettle spoke. "Tinker, I have an agreement we can make. How about if you never put me on the stove, I will make you rich." Since the tinker was quite poor, he agreed. Besides he had other kettles. So the tinker took the tanuki off the stove and the next day they went to the village square. The teakettle was placed on a platform and then it transformed into a tanuki. The crowd cried out in surprise. The tanuki danced and sang and did tricks. The tanuki did this for many weeks. People paid lots of money to see the famous tanuki teakettle.Soon the tinker was very rich. The tanuki ate his favourite rice cakes every night because of the money they made from the performances. One night the tinker said,"Tanuki, I have more than enough money. You have made me very rich. Would you like to go back to the temple?" The tanuki considered this. Then he answered,"Only if you make sure that they won't put me on the stove." "I promise that I won't leave you there unless they take good care of you,don't put you on the stove and most importantly, they give you your favourite rice cakes. The tanuki was satisfied. The next day the tinker and the tanuki went back to the temple and were greeted warmly by the holy man. The tinker explained the situation and told the holy man the requirements. The holy man said,"Tanuki, I am very sorry for putting you on the stove in the first place. If I had known what a special teakettle you are, I never would have done it. Please forgive me and become part of the temple." And the tanuki teakettle was placed on a table to rest with his favourite rice cakes beside him. He is still there now.

This legend proves that treating others as you want to be treated pays off. Then again, the holy man said he wouldn't have put the tanuki on the stove if he had known, but he automatically assumed that the magic was evil and the tanuki teakettle was hoaxed, instead of thinking that maybe it could do good. He tried to get rid of him and because of his hastiness, good things came to the tinker instead of the holy man. "

basically its one of those moral of the story, stories.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    Oh....Well my thoughts regarding Jiraiya's talk about "That jutsu" is that it was a technique that needed a lot of chakra to use hence Jiraiya trying to see if Naruto could handle the Kyuubi's chakra. So since Naruto couldn't, the training failed. So now, I believe Nature chakra is replacing the Kyuubi's chakra rather than being used to suppress it.
    I think your very close to the truth as i have the same thoughts; "that jutsu" is obviously a powerful & dangerous jutsu requires great control & energy such as the kyuubin (which has a infinite amount of chakra).

But, these Sage Training will definitely improve sense of control over the kyuubin & probable lead to the usage of "that jutsu".
    IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHERE I'M FROM TAKE A LOOK HERE MY FRIEND:
    Spoiler!

The 'That' Jutsu Thread

Your theories on 'That' jutsu are to be posted in here. Lets not clog up the forum with unnecessary threads
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Well with the advent of naruto's method to properly use nature chakra through the use of his clones The nature chakra did in fact go back to naruto.

At seeing this however it brought a weird thought up. Before, during the training for rasenshuriken Naruto's KB started to go 4 tails mode, and lose it.
    This seems to explain The "why" that yamato was there to use his ability to suppress the chakra.

It would seem that if naruto just dispelled the clone like normal (if he even could) the transformation would have started happening to the real naruto instead? speculation at this point.

Some small side notes that don't have much to do with this, when the real naruto was transforming into 4 tails mode the clones of naruto were still there and they said they were burning, did they just feel the sensation of the real naruto or was the Chakra from the nine tails leaking out to the clones? And similarly when naruto's KB was turning 4 tails mode the real naruto and the clones did not have the same effect, but yamato did destroy it pretty quickly.

My point here is i think the sage chakra is probably going to be spreading to the clones from the real naruto much the same way the nine tailed fox's chakra did, and will probably help in supressing the tailed modes from happening without naruto wanting them to.

But in the same respect the real naruto gains no advantage to the clone having sage chakra untill its dispelled.

Still contemplating what this could have to do with "that Jutsu" but naruto is definitely getting somewhere with all this.

Spoiler!

I would also like to point out that This manga page Ties "That Jutsu" directly to being able to access the kyuubi's power.

editing original post to add in new parts of the theory.
    Last edited by ydoc; 02-01-2009 at 08:11 AM.

Fullmetal Alchemist Hmmmm...

This theory is very probable, but its said in the manga that some of Minato's chakra was sealed in Naruto. Meaning that some of Minato was in Naruto just as half of the kyuubi's chakra. Minato even says that he could see all that went on through Naruto.

In the seal the 3rd hokage used, the user went first. So Minato would have been completely sealed by the death god inorder for half of the kyuubi's chakra to be sealed in Naruto.

I, myself, believe that the creators skipped out on these details and making flaws. Eventually, they will make up a big explanation of Minato's use of the seal to fill in for it.

Yet again (for the nth time), if someone finds this theory to be plagiarized, you seriously need some change. Give proper credit. d[-_-]b

Good read nonetheless.

The Truth About the Kyuubi's Sealed Chakra and Naruto's "That" Jutsu moved to the 'that jutsu' thread
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Quote Originally Posted by erratic View Post
    I enjoyed reading the first part of your theory about the Fujin Jutsu and Naruto's seal because you had a lot of support from the Manga to back yourself up, but the whole part about how Minato fought Madara, sealed the Kyuubi into Naruto with the last of his strength and Kushina dying at birth just really didn't appeal to me. It just felt a little too vague and unsupported. Good job though nevertheless.
    I totally agree with him!