Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Go and SEE if you're thread has already been brought up before you make a new one. This has already been discussed and if you'd like to add on to it post in the original thread.
    Ecchi Pics Below:
    Spoiler!

The 'That Jutsu' Thread

Ok I have been putting together some facts about that jutsu and I may have come to a conclusion worth putting into a thread.

From this page here we know that "That Jutsu" is directly tied to naruto being able to access the kyuubi's chakra. (credit to finding the page with the "Key" and pointing out what it meant to Paulbee)
    Spoiler!

On this page Jiaraya is commenting on minato having made the scroll and it being proof that he wanted naruto to complete "That Jutsu". The scroll is the Key to Naruto's seal being able to lock or unlock the Kyuubi from his cage.

Spoiler!

In this scene Jiaraya says "minato only seals the nine tails yin chakra using the shiki Fuujin" There is also a statement by the frog that naruto's chakra was merely pushed aside by the kyuubi's Yang chakra and the yang chakra took over naruto.

Spoiler!

In the next cell here,
    Jiaraya is talking about why minato split the chakra in two and sealed only the Yang portion of the chakra into naruto his son.

Spoiler!

In this scene pa frog explains you have to have enormous amounts of chakra to draw on the Nature chakra

Spoiler!

In this scene pa frog explains that there must be a balance between the 3 stamina spirit and nature.

He also explains in another scene that you can control how much nature chakra is let in at any given time, the goal of this of course is to balance them all together so you can use the hermit mode and sage arts.

Ok so now let me bring together all the facts.

Minato purposefully only sealed half of the kyuubis chakra the Yang side into naruto.

Jiaraya knew Minato well enough to have been told about the sealing scroll and other secrets such as "That Justu" When he mentions this to the frog on the page above he states that naruto could not even control the small crack of chakra they let leak out and naruto's chakra was pushed aside and he was Taken over.

What does this mean? In simple terms he is implying that the point of opening the seal was to have naruto use the kyuubi's chakra and hold it back with his own. I am of the opinion or rather have a theory that the sage chakra which is so powerful that its entrance into naruto's body has to be controlled like a faucet to prevent him from turning into a frog was meant to be used by minato as a method to push back the kyuubi's chakra and balance them out.

Kyuubi chakra- yang
    Nature chakra - yin

Forming the balance needed for naruto to take advantage of the kyuubi's chakra without using it, he would simply be using the kyuubi's chakra to keep the nature chakra from turning him into a frog.

And using the Nature chakra to keep him from turning into a kyuubi.

It has also been stated by others that the balance could be a 4 way split as opposed to the already 3 way split we know of. For instance at current for naruto to maintain sage mode he has to balance the
    Nature chakra 1/3
    Naruto's spirit 1/3
    Naruto's Stamina 1/3

In the new model it would be

Nature chakra 1/4
    Naruto' spirit 1/4
    Naruto's Stamina 1/4
    Kyuubis chakra 1/4

This way they would all be in balance (credit to the 1/4 balance idea Steve3child )

Its a bit confusing I know but try to read it through this is my first theory and it is just that a theory that can't be proven.

However I encourage you to disprove it.
    Last edited by ydoc; 02-01-2009 at 08:20 AM.

Are you saying that "That jutsu" is Nature chakra?

Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    Are you saying that "That jutsu" is Nature chakra?
    Rather that "That jutsu" may be a form of control over the kyuubi, since the kyuubi is nothing but a mass of chakra.

sorry for the edit wanted to better explain myself

Yin and Yang i am sure everyone has had or seen the white and black symbol at some point in there life. it symbolizes balance between light and dark.

in this situation the nature chakra would be the light the kyuubi's chakra is the dark.

Oh....Well my thoughts regarding Jiraiya's talk about "That jutsu" is that it was a technique that needed a lot of chakra to use hence Jiraiya trying to see if Naruto could handle the Kyuubi's chakra. So since Naruto couldn't, the training failed. So now, I believe Nature chakra is replacing the Kyuubi's chakra rather than being used to suppress it.

Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    Oh....Well my thoughts regarding Jiraiya's talk about "That jutsu" is that it was a technique that needed a lot of chakra to use hence Jiraiya trying to see if Naruto could handle the Kyuubi's chakra. So since Naruto couldn't, the training failed. So now, I believe Nature chakra is replacing the Kyuubi's chakra rather than being used to suppress it.
    fair point but jiraiya also has his own questions about what minato originally had planned for the yang chakra, so it would seem that jiraiya is just guessing as well.

This all begs the question, why did Kishimoto invent the Kyuubi chakra as part of Naruto in the first place, if all along he was going to relegate it by introducing nature chakra as a replacement?

The problem with Mangas is not just whether a line of thought is reasonable and leading to predictable outcomes, but it is also trying to make sense of the Mangaka's writtings and intentions. It's not exactly like the real world where the laws of nature are fixed and predictable.

One wonders whether Kishimoto hasn't altered his initial plot in Naruto too many times, thereby leaving the readers scratching their heads.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    This all begs the question, why did Kishimoto invent the Kyuubi chakra as part of Naruto in the first place, if all along he was going to relegate it by introducing nature chakra as a replacement?

The problem with Mangas is not just whether a line of thought is reasonable and leading to predictable outcomes, but it is also trying to make sense of the Mangaka's writtings and intentions. It's not exactly like the real world where the laws of nature are fixed and predictable.

One wonders whether Kishimoto hasn't altered his initial plot in Naruto too many times, thereby leaving the readers scratching their heads.
    you know i was just thinking that, how can kishimoto keep all this in line so that he does not trip over his own feet when writing his manga.

but i would like to give him credit, even tho what you say may be true.

As i recall the theory of yin and yang is that every jin has it's own jang...maybe that minato wants naruto to find a new jin for kyubi and natural chakra would be best thing to use cuse it's probably flexable..

i think your on the right track with the yin nature chakra and the yang kyuubi but i do not believe that the balancing of the 2 additional chakras to be considered the "that jutsu". with the 2 chakras i think that it becomes possible to create it, because its so powerful that it requires a large sum of chakra and a great deal of control that niether can provide on there own.

in a nut shell

kyuubi could provide the vast power but not the control
    nature can provide the control but not the vast power

thus the balance for "that jutsu"