Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    State Alchemist Monkey D. Dragon's Avatar
    Fuck what the fuck was this guy thinking?! now I am gonna get a lecture when my dad sees me playing Halo...

Any of you morons that think the video game caused this are only adding further to the decay of responsibility people are taking in the world. You are SHIFTING the blame. Take responsibility for the poor judgments made by everyone in this situation and don't just label an OBJECT (A FUCKING OBJECT) as evil. Objects are not evil. They are merely tools. Tools have no intent. The intent comes from the person. Good day and fuck you.

Signature and Avatar courtesy of ImotoChan

State Alchemist Monkey D. Dragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedneckNoob View Post
    Any of you morons that think the video game caused this are only adding further to the decay of responsibility people are taking in the world. You are SHIFTING the blame. Take responsibility for the poor judgments made by everyone in this situation and don't just label an OBJECT (A FUCKING OBJECT) as evil. Objects are not evil. They are merely tools. Tools have no intent. The intent comes from the person. Good day and fuck you.
    Respect.

The final thing that causes a person to snap usually gets gets the blame.
    How can thy ground that which is ungrounderble...

The responsibility lies with the kid. Wouldnt a regular person, having re-acquired the game, have just kept it hidden himself and played it when his parents werent around. But no, he grabbed the gun, did not even have the sanity to yell at his parents for what they did, and tried to kill them both. He wasn't even phased by killing his mum. He went for his dad too. And not just a headshot aswell. He shot his mum in the chest and arms too. That's sick. The kid's sick. And he deserves to be punished. Not sugarcoated. I dont care if its non-productive to the kids development. He deserves to be punished for what he did.

the kid seemed kinda disturbed to me

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

I just simply love it when ppl blame video games... If someone kills in exact same way as it was shown in for example a film no ones make big fuss, BUT when its done in exact same way as in the game THEN theres a problem... I remember some time ago in Poland there was incident that teen age girl killed herself in exact same way as in manga and it went on for about whole week how the manga is the source of evil....

But back to the topic, it was NOT the game that pulled the trigger, it was that kids finger, it is he who did evil not the game. And as you said NORMAL person would simply took the game and played in secret, and that means HE was NOT NORMAL. AMEN.

So what that you can see the dark inside of me?

"All our light that shines strong only lasts for so long"

My manga list

Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski View Post
    I just simply love it when ppl blame video games... If someone kills in exact same way as it was shown in for example a film no ones make big fuss, BUT when its done in exact same way as in the game THEN theres a problem... I remember some time ago in Poland there was incident that teen age girl killed herself in exact same way as in manga and it went on for about whole week how the manga is the source of evil....

But back to the topic, it was NOT the game that pulled the trigger, it was that kids finger, it is he who did evil not the game. And as you said NORMAL person would simply took the game and played in secret, and that means HE was NOT NORMAL. AMEN.
    uhm... WHAT THE HECK?!, a girl killed herself just like a manga?, that is... you know... totally fcked up, full of bull shit -.- whos dumb enough to do that?

Well you know some ppl have mental disorder so bassicaly it is possible, and if there is someone they can identify themselfs with then... well anyway from what I remember that girl had really thought life and she admired that manga (or character). Don't ask me of the motive I saw it on TV and back then I wasn't that much in manga and stuff, I just remembered it beacouse it was pretty much unique.
    Anyway I mentioned it only beacouse I think it was pretty much similar to that blaming video games.

So what that you can see the dark inside of me?

"All our light that shines strong only lasts for so long"

My manga list

Quote Originally Posted by Di3 View Post
    Not halo's fault........
    To begin with his dad:

There must've been much more things been going on besides the Halo thing...... This just was the final blow to make him that angry.
    That's just plain weird logic.

If I were to shoot everybody that's made me angry their would be corpses lined up from here to Alberquerqi and back.

Your own statement is emblematic of the problem in itself. People are unable to judge an act such as this as being Just Plain Wrong, they need to justify it somehow. Its the same thing with the Columbine Kids.

The correct response by a seventeen year old is either say "Yes Dad" in obeidience, or to Leave home. Yes a seventeen year old can get a job and leave home.

Todays society does everything it can to denigrate the values of traditional families, and then we attempt to blame the parents or their values when the kids disrespect those values.

I always tell my kids that they are only with me in my home for a few limited number of years. They should see me as their Sensei, and learn from me. When they leave my home it will then be their call to follow what paths they choose. Their is no constitutional right to computers, video games, and cars. Now sure I give my kids some of these things, but only as I see fit.

As to having a gun, lots of people have hunting rifles, target shooting pistols, or both. In this case the gun was even locked away.

Quote Originally Posted by redzero00 View Post
    The responsibility lies with the kid. Wouldnt a regular person, having re-acquired the game, have just kept it hidden himself and played it when his parents werent around. But no, he grabbed the gun, did not even have the sanity to yell at his parents for what they did, and tried to kill them both. He wasn't even phased by killing his mum. He went for his dad too. And not just a headshot aswell. He shot his mum in the chest and arms too. That's sick. The kid's sick. And he deserves to be punished. Not sugarcoated. I dont care if its non-productive to the kids development. He deserves to be punished for what he did.
    WORD

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !