Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    That's a sickening story and I hate to hear about these kinds of things. I would attribute these types of incidents to our society as a whole.
    I don't think it's the fault of the video games or the companies who make them but, there's a reason why there are age limits on games now.
    With that said, I am a gun owning adult who loves violent video games and I wouldn't let my kid play those types of games without first getting a clear understanding of his thoughts on it.

There's no handbook to parenting but, it would seem that people in this day and age would rather let their tv's raise their kids than do it themselves.

Despite the fact that the kid is obviously a sociopath, I can understand why the father forgave him. After all, it is his baby boy. As a parent you can't help but feel like you failed him somewhere along the line to see this kind of end.

I read it too last week. It's incomprehensible that you do something like that.

Veteran Member
    wow... he's 17... and he shot his mother and father (everyone else said that in their posts ;O) for a video game.... stupid ass''''....

Slovakia, not Slovenia - LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!!
    This is an example of how can video games brainwash you to the point you open yourself to violence in real life. This kid completely lost his head, killing a person, and all for a game. That sounds a little like drugg addicts wanted money for theyre drugs so they wouldnt hesitate to kill for that. Only this was about video game addiction. Anyway the point about father being a minister cant possibly be so serious that a kid would kill in coldblood. The kid even PLANNED murdering his parents so you cant say he was out of his mind. I wouldnt forgive anyone for killing, even if it was my bro or dad or friend or anyone.
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

I think he killed his parents, not because of the videogame. He was filled with anger because his parents (being very strict) were being unfair to him, by forbiding a lot of stuff teenagers like. The fact he had acces to a gun was the second reason.

I think videogames weren't the cause of this incident. His parents taking Halo from him, just pushed his limit over the edge.

I'm not trying to rectify what he did, because it's sick. I just think that videogames shouldn't blamed for this.

Sure sure it was Halos fault

I can't take such things serious.

these kinda incident really make u wonder how taking away your freedom to play video games can affect your decisions.. it's sad.. it really is.
    Click for Funny stuff
    Spoiler!

Sig By Ravona

Mangas I'm Currently reading :
    Fairy Tail
    Bleach
    Naruto
    Death Note
    DeadMan Wonderland

wow that kid has no life....anyways i got Halo 3 my gamertagg is lEmphatic but I'm barely on anymore

Shows how no matter what age you are, there is the possibility to lose sight of one's self and become blind to the reality of things. I hope the family can overcome this tragedy and begin life anew.
    Ava&Sig by Ravona

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -William Shakespeare

ipsa scientia potestas est

Senjougahara Fascination!

Quote Originally Posted by PeIn- View Post
    these kinda incident really make u wonder how taking away your freedom to play video games can affect your decisions.. it's sad.. it really is.
    There must have been problems even before the Halo incident.