Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 77
  1. #41
    Master of Pants placeboshotgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepybones View Post
    I guess I'm the only one that likes Naruto.
    Dude, you have no idea how much I agree with you there.

    ...except I like him so I guess that's at least 2 now.
    My pants are on break right now.



    Why do I like Naruto?

    Spoiler!

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    Well using an estimate, Kakashis sharingan wasn't on long enough to make up for like 7 other jutsu and a boss summon, something that Naruto needed to tap into the Kyuubi to pull off, So Sasuke still has a good bit more chakra than him.

    Oh, and talking about comprehension skills, I was being sarcastic, wow, your comprehension skills must be pretty shitty to not pick up on that.
    you do realize when being saracastic a certain tone is used in the persons voice. Apparently, you didnt know i was being sarcastic as well

    comprehenion skills still suck dont it? :p

    Naruto is known to have more chakra then sasuke. Naruto has probably the most chakra. Like kendoki, said, that be such a sick jutsu, naruto would be unstoppable





    Zetta Recommends: Naruto, Claymore, Death note, Elfen Lied, Berserk, Monster, One Piece, Rurouni Kenshin, Bleach,

    Gameboy: "Its better to fight with honor than be silent and shit bricks"

  3. #43
    The Patriot Kendoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    1,327
    Dude, you have no idea how much I agree with you there.

    ...except I like him so I guess that's at least 2 now.
    Ugh, I don't understand how people can like Naruto. He's your stereotypical shonen hero: loud, annoying, stupid, wears bright orange clothes on NINJA missions. If he wasn't the main character, he'd have been offed a looooong time ago.

  4. #44
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetta View Post
    you do realize when being saracastic a certain tone is used in the persons voice. Apparently, you didnt know i was being sarcastic as well

    comprehenion skills still suck dont it? :p

    Naruto is known to have more chakra then sasuke. Naruto has probably the most chakra. Like kendoki, said, that be such a sick jutsu, naruto would be unstoppable
    Well when what is said is so obviously sarcastic that a child would realize it, it really doesn't matter.

    So your comprehension skills suck way too much for you to judge anyone elses.

  5. #45
    †gangsta† kryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendoki View Post
    Ugh, I don't understand how people can like Naruto. He's your stereotypical shonen hero: loud, annoying, stupid, wears bright orange clothes on NINJA missions. If he wasn't the main character, he'd have been offed a looooong time ago.
    quoted for truth.

    this is so true that i'm gonna add it to my siggy from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by CiTo_Uchiha View Post
    Kishi says:

    Uchiha = God

    Uzumaki = Shit
    Spoiler!

  6. #46
    Master of Pants placeboshotgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    134
    Ugh, I don't understand how people can like Naruto. He's your stereotypical shonen hero: loud, annoying, stupid, wears bright orange clothes on NINJA missions. If he wasn't the main character, he'd have been offed a looooong time ago.

    Because I like seeing an underdog who everyone hates for something that isn't his fault, who's life is absolute shit, who has no family and at the series start no real friends (Iruka wasn't always there y'know), who has been pissed on since the day he was born and has known nothing but alienation except from a handful of people rise above all that shit and choose to fight for the very people who hate him and earn their respect rather than succumb to the pain.

    Many of the coolest characters in the series such as Gaara, neji, sasuke, and haku have shitty lives and dark pasts. The same can be said for the sound trio and sound five if zaku and kimimaro are any indication. All of the above succumbed to their pain.
    Gaara chose to kill every human on the planet it was his "reason to exist". Neji decided fate decided everything and quit trying to make things better. Haku and all the sound-nin chose to follow monsters so they wouldn't be lonely and do any terrible thing asked of them.

    Sasuke chose vengence.Vengence over friends, his city, or even the prospect of resarting his family. He has no heirs and if he losses to itachi his clan will die with him. Even though all he really needs to do to restart his clan is wait until he's 18 then post a sign in front of his house saying "form a line for impregnation" he chooses instead to quite possibly get himself killed. For a smart guy that's a dumb strategy in my opinion because if you loose there's no one to take your place. Sasuke has given up everything in order to coat his hands in the blood of his brother and if he succeeds he will have nothing left. No friends because he's cut them off. No family because they're all dead. No home because he abandoned it. Nothing but three tools known as Hebi if they all survive, and if you think he gives a shit about any of those three you're lying to yourself.

    Naruto however chose to rise above his problems and earn everyone's respect. He started at the bottom with nothing and no one and earned Iruka's respect, then his teams. Before the fight ith kiba the rookie nine despised him, look at how chouji and Shikamaru talk about him while he's unconcious after Sasuke beat zaku. They wake him up by smashing him in the head with a branch, now that's friendly! Only after beating kiba did they start to respect him and only really bonded with him after the events of Sand/Sound invasion and Sasuke's escape. But time and again he has proven himself to be a staunch ally and earned their respect.

    Yet despite his overall goal to become hokage and earn everyone's respect he would give his dream up for his friends in a second. All of pt.2 he has been pursuing Sasuke, not advancement toward hokage.(Except for the Gaara arc where Oh Look he's rushing to help a friend) His goal right now is not to become hokage but save his friend and he'd gladly give up his life or dream to do it.

    In short I like the character because while he may not be the strongest or the smartest or the best he chooses to rise above his darkness which has been substantial, and he is willing to put everything he has on the line for his friends because he'd rather never become hokage and have them with him than achieve his dreams with even one of them sacrificed.

    I'm really quite curious to see what he does when he catches up to Sasuke since Sasuke is no longer in mortal danger from Orochimaru.
    Last edited by placeboshotgun; 08-11-2007 at 05:49 PM.
    My pants are on break right now.



    Why do I like Naruto?

    Spoiler!

  7. #47
    Sshheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thsv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,284
    Quote Originally Posted by placeboshotgun View Post
    Dude, you have no idea how much I agree with you there.

    ...except I like him so I guess that's at least 2 now.
    don't get me wrong. i like naruto too. i just accept reality. without the fox in him and all the strife it has brought him, he would be unexceptional
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

  8. #48
    Master of Pants placeboshotgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    134
    Well yes without the most important part of his backstory and the thing that makes him a key character he is just another guy with an assload of chakra. Or maybe just normal chakra even.

    And if the uchiha we're still alive and didn't have the sharingan they'd be rather dull as well.
    My pants are on break right now.



    Why do I like Naruto?

    Spoiler!

  9. #49
    Full Member gray fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    uk baby yeh!
    Posts
    332
    nope you are wrong kakashi says he will surpass the fourth and his strength lies in using his own power and if he didnt have the fox he wouldnt have acted like an idiot and suked in school and proven that he was a caperble ninja early on pluss he wouldnt be hated by everyone for a stupid reason.
    hmm i wonder what obitos doing right now.... decomposing and smelling up the joint i gess coz hes dead!!

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    Well when what is said is so obviously sarcastic that a child would realize it, it really doesn't matter.

    So your comprehension skills suck way too much for you to judge anyone elses.
    Ya....the internet is a great way to detect sarcasm........ btw if you havent known i was being sarcastic.

    Naruto will surpass the 4th, it was stated by kakashi, what naruto can do to win every battle is he does 1000 clones and stick exploding seals on him, and just do kamikazee's.
    Last edited by Zetta; 08-11-2007 at 06:07 PM.





    Zetta Recommends: Naruto, Claymore, Death note, Elfen Lied, Berserk, Monster, One Piece, Rurouni Kenshin, Bleach,

    Gameboy: "Its better to fight with honor than be silent and shit bricks"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •