Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    i think the worst part is the dbz syndrome. i've been reading the manga and watching the anime for a few years now and the cool thing about it was that they were practically identical, now though when shippuden started they dont follow the manga exactly, they add whatever crap they can to make episodes longer and its also makes them boring. i just hope they return to the old formula os basically animating the manga, because it would be a shame if they also ruined the other fights that are to come after the fillers end.

Can you explain to me what the DBZ syndrome is exactly? I don't see Naruto dying and coming back to life, nor do I see Naruto being the one and only answer to beating whatever new badguy that randomly appears on the scene. If anything, Naruto is still inferior to certain characters. The enemies aren't even dbz-like, as we've known Akatsuki for quite a while now and even to the point that these enemies are developed puts them miles away from DBZ bad guys. If you can point out to me what this "syndrome" is exactly then I'd be a happy camper.

If you just mean the fact that they are using filler to make fights longer and whatnot, then I can agree there because there should be no reason for studio pierrot to pull this on us when they are so far away from the manga already. But to quote Minato:

Quote Originally Posted by Minato Namikaze View Post
    Shippuuden is AWSOME

I don't see ppl in the Narutoverse doing widescale damage to their surroundings as results of their battles. There's only been a few things that have been "DBZ" Like and most of that happened in part 1. The only "DBZ" like thing i've seen in part 2 is 4-tail Kyuubi Naruto versus Orochimaru. When some character blows up an entire village with one attack, blows up the moon 3 times or blows up some random planet in the sky, then we can say "DBZ" style. So to the "DBZ" syndrome guys, I dont know what you guys are talkin about.

Shippuuden is Awesome!!!!

at least what im refering to is the dragging on of episodes with nonsense. an example of this would be people who are about to fight staring at each other for 2 minutes, or then sakura was fighting sasori and started evading the needles, that dragged on for like 5 min. its kind of boring watching the same thing over and over just to make episodes longer. and i hadnt thought about it, but now that u compare characters, in dbz, goku wasnt always the strongest, he started of losing some battles, at least in DB, then at the end of dbz he was the strongest, which is what i believe will happen in naruto, at the end he will be the strongest.

Dragging out scenes is a necessary sacrifice or else we'd be running up on the manga all the time.

i dont really think its that necessary, they didnt do it for some 130 eps plus. i know that a big problem of not doing so would be catching up on the manga but on the other hand, the quality of the episodes is downgraded when they do drag out the scenes. at least in my opinion, i prefer good, interesting episodes from start to finish and a few fillers time to time than less fillers but boring episodes.

....pardon my grammar, its kinda late!

Now that I think about it, dragging out scenes is necessary. Considering that nobody knows when Naruto will end, its a contingency plan just in case so they don't have to barrage us with a year or two worth of fillers. Anyways...I don't see that happening much during this current filler arc, it seems to be going smoothly. The way I see it, the reason they did it for the most recent arc was because they needed it to fill out the season quota, as that arc with sasuke returning does not merit a 26 episode season so they needed to do it to have one full season. Otherwise it would have ended early and things would have been more difficult to manage.

Think about it, stupid pierrot is a company, and as such they need to adhere to certain limitations. I dislike it when arcs aren't retained to one season or rather that they aren't organized and end off randomly (like bleach for example where arcs end early on in the season or start late in a season or midway like the beginning of the arrancar arc, ironically both series are produced by the same company) so I suppose they are trying to avoid that.

eww shippuuden...

in my opinion, naruto shippuuden SHOULD stay true to the manga. introducing a filler(s) (pray that there wont be more, please pray) kinda breaks the rhythm of the whole notion of naruto's search for sasuke. NOT to mention the standard of animation in shippudden HAS gone down the drain. And the so called dbz sydrome where they prolong scenes until they become unbearable to watch...(remember team 7 where they were in orochimaru's hideout searching around the halls? that felt like an eternity)

as for the so called reasons to have fillers, people have argued that it's to prevent the anime from catching up to the manga...well consider this. at the moment the anime has stopped at chapter 312 of the manga (317 chapters less 5 chapters for kakashi gaiden) which corresponds with about 180ish episodes of anime (not INCLUDING fillers)...dividing 312 by 180 equals to about 1.73 chapters of manga PER episode.

The manga is about 87 chapters AHEAD of where the anime is atm which corresponds to chapter 312 in the manga. Assuming chapters covered per episode is constant at 1.73, it would mean that the manga is 50 (87/1.73) odd episodes ahead of the anime. With about one year's worth of material to cover, i honestly DONT see a reason why fillers have to be introduced. And let's not forget that the producers are prolonging the scenes and consequently the series...in order to milk it for all it's worth. So the predicted 50 episodes could potentially be dragged out more EVEN THOUGH it's staying true to the manga.

In response to Crossx21's arguement...does it matter if the arcs arent retained to one season? doesn't the wait for the rest of the season create MORE anticipation for its return?

If they stayed completely true to the manga with little to no deviations, an anime episode could potentially cover 4 to 5 chapters since im pretty sure 2 or 3 chapters does not equate to 20+ minutes on screen. And then if we had double episodes that were completely true to the manga, 8 to 10 chapters covered. All of a sudden that 87 chapter gap is closing really quick. They don't want to do all the filler eps like what happened following the VOTE fight. I could only imagine that ratings must have dropped during that period.

Quote Originally Posted by jacki183 View Post
    In response to Crossx21's arguement...does it matter if the arcs arent retained to one season? doesn't the wait for the rest of the season create MORE anticipation for its return?
    lol what argument? Its my personal preference. And anyways, it is a plausible explanation, which you have not countered with a plausible retraction. Unless the people at studio pierrot are completely stupid and don't know how to do math as you have shown, then try and come up with a better explanation as to why they did that. They made the filler arc to explain and give certain characters the spotlight as they might not have it later on:

Spoiler!

It looks sloppy to have a very long filler arc start right in the middle of the season, and as such they might only want to have the filler arc last one season for the spring and summer seasons. Meaning they would need to extend certain other canon arcs such as the meeting with Sasuke.