View Poll Results: What happened to Konoha?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Konoha was hit.

37 68.52%
  • Konoha was summoned elsewhere and not hit.

9 16.67%
  • Other.

8 14.81%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Konoha's Fate

Konoha's Fate

So, after reading and thinking about the posts in the discussion and predictions thread I have decided to make a poll on Pain's attack and what happened to Konoha. Some people seem to think that Konoha was summoned somewhere else by Shima, Fukasaku and Naruto. Then of course there's the people who think it was partially destroyed like it appeared.

Personally, I think that Konoha was really hit by Pain's attack and not summoned elsewhere, or if it was it was still actually hit. The reason I say this is because of the following pages of the manga.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

These pages show actual damage being done to Konoha so I believe it was actually hit, even if it was summoned elsewhere.

Now, discuss.

Spoiler!

This is the last page in the chapter, notice the summon in the middle and a small crater in the middle of a large crater, this seems to be important to the people who think it was summoned somewhere else. Apparently the small crater is Shinratensei's blast radius and the large crater is where Konoha used to be.

I would also like to strengthen my argument with that last picture. It seems that you could still see the far regions of Konoha in the distance as well as the huge wall meaning it was not summoned elsewhere, unless only part of it was but I doubt that.

Finally, to support the "Other" option. The last picture could be a giant shield elevated above Konoha like the one Gaara made to defend Sunagakure. The large crater in this case would actually be the shield and the small crater would be Shinratensei's blast radius on the shield. Of course, the pictures of the damage being done to Konoha contradict this. I tried editing and making this an option too but you can't.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 12-19-2008 at 10:28 AM.

no its itachi's genjutsu. remember what he gave naruto?

Konoha was hit and then summoned away. If you notice the dust cloud in the crater after Konoha disappeared only surrounded the center. That means that the explosion was that size. Pein's attack is not as large as everyone believes. The center of Konoha was hit, possibly wiped out.

Edit: You should include the last page as well.

I am an Uchiha fan. There I said it.
    Now that Itachi's dead I will never get out of this genjutsu.

Don't stare directly into any of the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasengod7 View Post
    Konoha was hit and then summoned away. If you notice the dust cloud in the crater after Konoha disappeared only surrounded the center. That means that the explosion was that size. Pein's attack is not as large as everyone believes. The center of Konoha was hit, possibly wiped out.

Edit: You should include the last page as well.
    I'll edit it for that and I'll try to change the poll options if it lets me do it how I want it.

Okay I added it and explained the summoning side of things, did I explain it right or is there more to it?

Sasuke used Susanoo and stopped the blast~

Nah I beleive Naruto is back witht he toad sage in town and they can use a "restorative" ability such a Orihime lol. If not, go go 1000 kage bunshin to rebuild the village!

LOL this aint Bleach you cant do that whole sike you missed b#tch Konoha's in Soul Society .

Anyways its part of anime / rpg tradition any fancy pristine looking pretty metropolis city has to be destroyed by some megaton blast at some point. Midgar , Zanarkand , Neo tokyo , etc.

Also you see a scroll in the smoke its prob a gigantic Frog with Naruto standing on top.

On a side note where the hell has Anko been this whole time I wanted her to summon a giant snake to fight summon Pains creatures.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

I vote for summon. Rasengod7's post just seems reasonable to me.

it would have to be a major reverse summoning..
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetta View Post
    People should use some common sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetta View Post
    Thats my point. and regarding common sense, people who don't use it are practically idiots.

If Konoha was summoned to a different location than Kishi's resorted to bullshit. I don't usually complain about what Kishi does, but if he does this then he's run out of ideas or something. Villages shouldn't be summoned or moved entirely in any way in this story. This isn't Bleach.
    Last edited by erratic; 12-19-2008 at 03:11 PM.
    Ecchi Pics Below:
    Spoiler!

I think the village itself was hit. This scale of destruction will push Naruto so much farther, and raise his determination to stop Akatsuki a lot higher, than otherwise.